Jump to content


- - - - -

Ferrari Cockpit


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 sky

sky

    ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the last haven for petrolheads
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 26 2011 - 11:05 AM

hmmm, what tool did you use to open it with? i just downloaded it again, and unzipped it using what i believe is one of the latest versions of winrar. it should work with 7zip as well. oh and i could even open it with the windows 7 file explorer (which i believe is just a version of winzip).

#32 Yngwie

Yngwie

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted Jul 26 2011 - 11:25 AM

Ah ok. I tried with a Demo version of Winrar now and that worked. I tried with 7zip before, but that showed an Error "can not be opened as an Archive".

#33 do0g

do0g

    Jo Bonnier

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Aug 26 2011 - 01:08 AM

Wow, that is beautiful!!

#34 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 30 2012 - 09:21 PM

Some nice add-ons here,even if they are a little older.The Ferrari cockpit is very nice with
the fabric instead of the black leather IMOP.Also like the shadow steering wheel effect
on to the dash.Maybe someday the 69Xtra's,Sportscars & F2's can have ?  :hat-tip:

Attached File  picture002.JPG   127.46K   298 downloads

#35 bingo

bingo

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL, Touring cars, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2012 - 09:32 AM

Does anyone know how I can get just the dashboard (not the wheel or the sides) to be in the parkes car?

It looks brilliant but when I put the files for the dash in to the ferrari folder I am still driving with the same dash.

- :thumbup: Bingo

#36 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postdavef, on May 30 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Some nice add-ons here,even if they are a little older.The Ferrari cockpit is very nice with
the fabric instead of the black leather IMOP.Also like the shadow steering wheel effect
on to the dash.Maybe someday the 69Xtra's,Sportscars & F2's can have ?  :hat-tip:

Attachment picture002.JPG

   Dave,


The steering wheel and the red panels are nice. But it is too far from the realism police ones to my liking. Wld go rather for Chris ones to come, I hope !

Edited by M Needforspeed, May 31 2012 - 11:12 AM.


#37 Remy

Remy

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 04:53 AM

View Postbingo, on May 31 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Does anyone know how I can get just the dashboard (not the wheel or the sides) to be in the parkes car?

It looks brilliant but when I put the files for the dash in to the ferrari folder I am still driving with the same dash.

- :thumbup: Bingo

I use the GPLEA with Parkes version and implemented the 66 cockpit on Parkes car and Rocks version on the work car. Unfortunately you have to use the same steering wheel for both cars, but I personally don't care as I always hide steering wheels and driver arms in game. But at least I can drive 2 different Ferraris (almost) on the same slot :)

Attached Files



#38 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostRemy, on Jun 04 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

View Postbingo, on May 31 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Does anyone know how I can get just the dashboard (not the wheel or the sides) to be in the parkes car?

It looks brilliant but when I put the files for the dash in to the ferrari folder I am still driving with the same dash.

- :thumbup: Bingo

I use the GPLEA with Parkes version and implemented the 66 cockpit on Parkes car and Rocks version on the work car. Unfortunately you have to use the same steering wheel for both cars, but I personally don't care as I always hide steering wheels and driver arms in game. But at least I can drive 2 different Ferraris (almost) on the same slot :)

No, you can have steering wheels based on ai driver but it requires a fix of the main car 3do and all ai 3do drivers ;)

#39 Remy

Remy

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 05:29 AM

Great new for those that are interested, but I wont do it  :P

#40 silence

silence

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 05:32 AM

That's I'm working on, that Bandini and Amon got their right steering wheel(Thanks to Mech!).


I know that Rock's interpretation is very popular and a real masterpiece of an artist, but historically is it wrong in many points, that's the reason why I'm working on a new cockpit.


silence :wave:

#41 Remy

Remy

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 05:59 AM

View Postsilence, on Jun 04 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

That's I'm working on, that Bandini and Amon got their right steering wheel(Thanks to Mech!).


I know that Rock's interpretation is very popular and a real masterpiece of an artist, but historically is it wrong in many points, that's the reason why I'm working on a new cockpit.


silence :wave:

Great!  :thumbup:

#42 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostRemy, on Jun 04 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

View Postbingo, on May 31 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Does anyone know how I can get just the dashboard (not the wheel or the sides) to be in the parkes car?

It looks brilliant but when I put the files for the dash in to the ferrari folder I am still driving with the same dash.

- :thumbup: Bingo

I use the GPLEA with Parkes version and implemented the 66 cockpit on Parkes car and Rocks version on the work car. Unfortunately you have to use the same steering wheel for both cars, but I personally don't care as I always hide steering wheels and driver arms in game. But at least I can drive 2 different Ferraris (almost) on the same slot :)

I'm actually using a modified version of the Formula 2 Dino for the Parkes version, which itself is based on the Rock Lobster cockpit. Not too sure about historical accuracy but I'm very happy with the way it looks :) . The fact that the 1966 cockpit dash texture is missing the windscreen has always bugged me.

Tommie.

#43 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 07 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostM Needforspeed, on May 31 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

View Postdavef, on May 30 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Some nice add-ons here,even if they are a little older.The Ferrari cockpit is very nice with
the fabric instead of the black leather IMOP.Also like the shadow steering wheel effect
on to the dash.Maybe someday the 69Xtra's,Sportscars & F2's can have ?  :hat-tip:

Attachment picture002.JPG

   Dave,


The steering wheel and the red panels are nice. But it is too far from the realism police ones to my liking. Wld go rather for Chris ones to come, I hope !
Michel & Chris-please check out this link,maybe a cockpit that is not correct ?  :idunno: or is it?
I cannot read the language the text is in :hat-tip:
http://forza-rossa.o...1-76248184.html

Edited by davef, Jun 07 2012 - 10:13 PM.


#44 silence

silence

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi Dave,

Michel told me that that's the 312 car owned by Morini, that participate to historical events and was at the New York expo.The car is more in his 1968 season trim with the enlarged tyres and the alloy flaps on the nose, than in the 67 config.
The car (including cockpit and steering wheel) isn't historically correct restored, what makes me sad to see.

By the way, you can find alot of pics in the web from this car, also a '69 312.


Chris :wave:

#45 davef

davef

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Postsilence, on Jun 08 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Hi Dave,

Michel told me that that's the 312 car owned by Morini, that participate to historical events and was at the New York expo.The car is more in his 1968 season trim with the enlarged tyres and the alloy flaps on the nose, than in the 67 config.
The car (including cockpit and steering wheel) isn't historically correct restored, what makes me sad to see.

By the way, you can find alot of pics in the web from this car, also a '69 312.


Chris :wave:
Thanks for the answer silence. Interesting info.  :hat-tip:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links