5 replies to this topic

#1 yDNA

yDNA

Genetic apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted Feb 16 2006 - 08:17 AM

I introduce you to this little tool using the readme included in the archive attached:

Introduction
-------------
This work is only a sort of experiment. A challenge with myself to see what and how much I know about the GPL programming world.
I would like to say it's a test to demonstrate to myself my skillness with the art of GPL editing.
But, since I'm a computer graphics enthusiast too, I also tryed to give all this a sense and a purpose.

I got the idea behind this work watching the Barchetta's GPL Reflector movie. In it he used that wide and undefined white space to show the GPLEA cars, such as in the "Construct Program" of The Matrix movie, a large and vague landscape to drive shapes into.

So what's this?
----------------
Chroma Key is a free space working environment for GPL that makes simple the bluescreen and chromakey compositing processes. It allows movie-makers, computer artists and developers to have a monochromatic stage to easily perform cutting operations as well as blending and other compositing techniques.

How does it works?
---------------------
Chroma Key is installed as a standard track in GPL.
Loading it, you'll have a wide and opened free space (9424 km^2) to make whatever you want with your favourite car. Then you'll be able to take a screenshot and have a fresh image (without any kind of environment) with which perform a chromakey compositing process and overlap any kind of landscape.

Obviously video compositions are allowed as well. Using the Camera Control Master by Peter van der Burg (and a video capture program) you can obtain a source that can be easily filtered and precisely overlapped to another existing video.

Coloured Workspaces
-------------------------
The default workspace colour of Chroma Key is the pure white (255, 255, 255), but obviously you can freely change this colour according with your specific image processing needs. In this package other three stage colours are available: blue (0, 0, 255), green (0, 255, 0) and magenta (255, 0, 255).

To install a specific workspace colour, simply extract the corresponding file archive into your gpl\tracks\chromak folder. Remember that the white workspace is installed as default, so if you want to run it, simply delete all the .mip files in the chromak track folder.

What's about chromakey?
-----------------------------
Wants to know more? Refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromakey

Attached Files

#2 Fast Tommi

Fast Tommi

...creature of the night ;-)

• 999 posts
  • Interests:GPL, of course!!!
    Music.
    My 76 Beetle convertible
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 16 2006 - 03:32 PM

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

cool idea  yDNA  (ANDy??  :hmm:  :D  )

tommi :wave:

#3 yDNA

yDNA

Genetic apprentice

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted Feb 16 2006 - 03:47 PM

Fast Tommi, on Feb 16 2006, 11:41 PM, said:

(ANDy??  :hmm:  :D  )

Yes.

Thanks for your opinion.  :wave:

#4 yDNA

yDNA

Genetic apprentice

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted Sep 21 2006 - 10:07 AM

Chroma Key Working Environment Texture & AI Pack v1.0
========================================

This package contains texture and AI files for Chroma Key Working Environment v1.0 and was developed to perform a laptime since the track was added to the TotalRank.
All the files were kindly created by Jacques Bossy.

To install just copy all the files in your GPL\tracks\chromak folder overwriting the old files when asked.
To replace the original working environment feature, just manually remove all .MIP files and HORIZ.3DO.

Attached Files

Edited by yDNA, Sep 21 2006 - 10:08 AM.

#5 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 06 2011 - 02:27 PM

I am so happy I found this!
I had an idea for a movie and tried to create such an enviroment by changing all the existing mips/bmps/srbs but I had still some grey of the track left -
hell of a job...

But now I am fine :-)

I will try to edit this with some green to get references for tracking...

Thank you very much for this VERY useful track!!!!!!!!

rudolf

#6 thomass

thomass

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 09 2011 - 05:42 AM

It's always nice to read that Mr. Slowmoe is back in GPL editing. Thank's to all track makers who make Slowmoe do something! :D :up:

Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links