#2 Graham

Graham

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 13 2004 - 11:49 PM

East London would have to be one of the best small tracks for GPL.
Your small addon would have to be one of, if not the best for this track.

Cheers mate... :thumbup:

Awol :yinyang:

#3 Amagi

Amagi

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jul 08 2009 - 11:50 AM

These are Francisco Caballero's sky and horizon updates for East London, renumbered and with the sky rotated to match, so that the beach is repositioned.

dangermouse EDIT: Please have a look at THIS post.

Attached Files

Edited by dangermouse, Jul 09 2009 - 02:59 AM.

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,645 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jul 08 2009 - 04:50 PM

Errrmmmm.....   :(

That is my work to provide a more realistic sky/horizon for the East London circuit.  See the dates on the files and the ReadMe in the attached archive file.

"Corrected Horizon / Sky Orientation for East London (11/06/2004)
By Greg Liebzeit
Email: gliebzeit :@: aol.com

These horizon / sky files have been rotated to place the ocean in the correct orientation with the East London circuit.  The sky.mip does not match perfectly... as it was already off before my 'tweaking'.

Please let me know of any problems that you encounter.

Enjoy!

Greg"

Attached Files

Edited by dangermouse, Jul 09 2009 - 01:54 AM.
Edited email address to stop spambots picking it up

#5 von grips

von grips

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted Jul 09 2009 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Gliebzeit!  :thumbup:

I was using the old one, here's a pic to show ocean location now.

Attached Files

#6 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 09 2009 - 02:41 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jul 8 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Errrmmmm.....   :(

That is my work to provide a more realistic sky/horizon for the East London circuit.  See the dates on the files and the ReadMe in the attached archive file.
Unfortunately just dates can't prove anything, but the CRC32 check can and with the help of WinRAR you can see that Greg's files have been changed from FC's files but Amagi just used Greg's files with the exception of the sky.mip

Amagi, if you are unsure of where files come from, say so, but don't attribute them to yourself when they are clearly not.  :nonono:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   475.02K   95 downloads

:punish:

#7 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,645 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jul 09 2009 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for the compliment, von grips.  "Just a fast drive down to the beach."   :D

Also, thank you 'Danger Squeaker' for keeping things on the up-and-up.  I usually try to include a ReadMe file in the file archives that I upload.

The web site is really lookin' great!

A big thanks to Bill....!  :)

#8 Amagi

Amagi

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jul 22 2009 - 06:06 PM

So the form at SRMZ is to accuse a contributor of posting purloined files in public without first notifying them by pm?  Also, I made very clear that I believed the files to be Francisco's.  This is Francisco's thread.  Why have you stated that I presented the files as mine?

As a gentleman, as well as a gallant racer who is along with the chaps in his team idolised by a large and fairly vocal element of the crowd, naturally I propose a wager.  I'll take five British pounds as desiccated by our corrupt politicians off you Keith, and five notes of whatever local currency used by your contributor.  The usual form is that they are then presented to the charity of my choice, I've asked at UKGPL whether our lads have any suggestions.  Unless you have anything better to back up your contemptible assertions.  Clowns.

#9 avatar7

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Jul 22 2009 - 08:15 PM

Are you guys stupid or what? Dave (Amagi) clearly said he simply made some small, but noticeable fixes to Caballero's files so they would work better. Instead of thanking him, you throw your nonsense at him. He has neither posted them anywhere else, nor claimed the textures are his own work. Go get a clue...

Thanks Dave for the fixes. A bit late to use them for our recent E London race, but I'll do so next time we run there. Currently I have FC's original update.

#10 vosblod - guest

vosblod - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jul 23 2009 - 02:52 AM

Thanks Amagi et al, always grateful for any updates no matter where they come from, although it didn't read like you claimed it as your work to me...

#11 miner2049er

miner2049er

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Jul 23 2009 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

Please move on, there is nothing to see here other than an incredibly bad interpretation of our fine language.

Amagi has done no wrong here and I'm not sure where the confusion could have arisen.

Let it be known that as one of "the chaps" in said team referred to by Amagi, I am stood behind hm with my proud weapon on show. I smell a duel, the kind of duel that can only be settled with a game of Mouse Trap.

Failing that, a good old fashioned race.

#12 summerski

summerski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding - Surfing

Posted Jul 23 2009 - 12:12 PM

No worries Amagi. We all appreciate your efforts and fully understand your good natured intentions. Hard to understand why some folks don't............

Song:

"Hey Mr. Admin...won't you wear this flower in your hair...then you'd start seeing...GPL love is all around ya everywhere...."

#13 john roberts

john roberts

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:/.

Posted Jul 23 2009 - 01:22 PM

hi guys,

I made these brake markers for East London some years ago and they used to be on RSC, I haven't tested them with any of the later updates but you can do what you want with them .

john roberts

Attached Files

#14 von grips

von grips

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted Jul 23 2009 - 05:27 PM

View Postminer2049er, on Jul 23 2009, 05:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I am stood behind hm with my proud weapon on show.  :lol:

Edited by von grips, Jul 23 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#15 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 12:18 PM

[quote name='Amagi' post='35169' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:06 AM']So the form at SRMZ is to accuse a contributor of posting purloined files in public without first notifying them by pm?[/quote]So you feel I should have hidden the post, banned you provisionally and then PM you like they do at RSC? Err, this isn't RSC, we try to keep as much as possible in the open for all to see and reply or comment to. If I had been wrong I would have apologized. I did expect an apology from you.

[quote name='Amagi' post='35169' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:06 AM']Also, I made very clear that I believed the files to be Francisco's.  This is Francisco's thread.  Why have you stated that I presented the files as mine?[/quote]

by not saying they were anyone else's you implied you had rotated them. Just because you didn't put the "I" in the sentence does not mean it is not implied:
[quote name='Amagi' post='34751' date='Jul 8 2009, 06:50 PM']These are Francisco Caballero's sky and horizon updates for East London, renumbered and with the sky rotated to match, so that the beach is repositioned.[/quote]
The file that Greg originally posted had the readme in it to explain they were files from Francisco that he had rotated, there is no such readme or any readme included in your post or attachment to say this or to say that someone else had modified them. Even a supporter of yours (avatar7) assumed you had modified them.

[quote name='Amagi' post='35169' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:06 AM']As a gentleman, as well as a gallant racer who is along with the chaps in his team idolised by a large and fairly vocal element of the crowd.......[/quote]
You certainly don't think much of yourself, do you?  :think:  Sheesh........

[quote name='Amagi' post='35169' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:06 AM']...... naturally I propose a wager.  I'll take five British pounds as desiccated by our corrupt politicians off you Keith, and five notes of whatever local currency used by your contributor.  The usual form is that they are then presented to the charity of my choice, I've asked at UKGPL whether our lads have any suggestions.  Unless you have anything better to back up your contemptible assertions.  Clowns.[/quote]
My so called "contemptible" assertions were also supported by others I asked when I saw your post. You can keep your fanciful proposed wager - I know I was not wrong nor is Greg. BTW I donate to the [url="http://www.ndcs.org.uk"]National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS)[/url], a very worthwhile charity.

If you feel I'm a clown, so be it. I don't think much of you.

#16 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 12:31 PM

View Postavatar7, on Jul 23 2009, 03:15 AM, said:

Are you guys stupid or what? Dave (Amagi) clearly said he simply made some small, but noticeable fixes to Caballero's files so they would work better. Instead of thanking him, you throw your nonsense at him. He has neither posted them anywhere else, nor claimed the textures are his own work. Go get a clue...

Thanks Dave for the fixes. A bit late to use them for our recent E London race, but I'll do so next time we run there. Currently I have FC's original update.

So you feel Dave (Amagi) made the modifications to the files? That is exactly my point!
Go and re-read my post...... :rolleyes:

#17 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 12:34 PM

Take it easy chaps.

Relax, the weather's nice outside (at least it is here! :) ), have a drink, enjoy all things GPL...  :cheers:

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

#18 Ken

Ken

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 02:37 PM

View PostRudy Dingemans, on Jul 25 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

Take it easy chaps.

Relax, the weather's nice outside (at least it is here! :) ), have a drink, enjoy all things GPL...  :cheers:

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Yes, lets not fall out over such simple things.

FWIW I did not consider Amagi's post contained any implication the work was his, however a readme and/or notification of the author should have been included.

I've always said this remote communication we have via forums is very open to misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

#19 Amagi

Amagi

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 02:44 PM

Back to Comedy Hour.  Ok, the National Deaf Children's Society then- if I am wrong....

Keith, it must be the sun with you.  Why would anyone alter the angle on a horizon file?  You must agree that simply renaming a file doesn't make it original work?  You owe avatar7 as well, he's worked on tracks, he knows what he's talking about.  

That's ten new pounds, as desiccated etc.  I somehow omitted that my racing team are the envy of the league.  Please keep the discussion open- and land a custard pie on your sidekick.

#20 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted Jul 25 2009 - 02:59 PM

View PostAmagi, on Jul 25 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

Back to Comedy Hour.  Ok, the National Deaf Children's Society then- if I am wrong....

Keith, it must be the sun with you.  Why would anyone alter the angle on a horizon file?  You must agree that simply renaming a file doesn't make it original work?  You owe avatar7 as well, he's worked on tracks, he knows what he's talking about.  

That's ten new pounds, as desiccated etc.  I somehow omitted that my racing team are the envy of the league.  Please keep the discussion open- and land a custard pie on your sidekick.
I still await an apology to Greg.  I don't owe you or avatar7 a single thing (unless you have donated to this forum in which case I will gladly send the amount you donated to Bill straight to you - just let me know how much it was) but you do owe Greg. If avatar7 knows so much then read his post where he just confirms the implied in your post - he thought you had modified them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links