Jump to content


- - - - -

Stratos


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Mar 30 2005 - 06:24 AM

This is the file from Madcowies site. I've never tried it as I had read it was buggy and fps hungry but now with the quicker machines around........ :huh:


Here you are:


stratos.zip



Enjoy :wave:
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image


.

#2 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Keswick, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 30 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thanx 4 posting this Stratos, Keith.  I received my copy after MC's GPLRally2 but ultimately, I corrupted it somehow and it never loaded properly after initial success.  We'll try again!

:)
A short memory means you never have to lie.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

    The answer man

  • Moderator
  • 1,708 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 31 2005 - 08:43 AM

I just downloaded this and the GT40.  The GT40 ran fine, but when I put the Stratos files into the Ferrari folder, I got the GT40 body rather poorly positioned on the Ferrari.

Attached Files



#4 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Mar 31 2005 - 11:08 AM

Bob Simpson, on Mar 31 2005, 03:43 PM, said:

I just downloaded this and the GT40.  The GT40 ran fine, but when I put the Stratos files into the Ferrari folder, I got the GT40 body rather poorly positioned on the Ferrari.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If IIRC you can't have both at the same time unless you do some jiggery-pokery but luckily (I hope) Nenne created a file to be able to do it with.

Thanks Nenne. Here you go.

Attached Files


keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image


.

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

    The answer man

  • Moderator
  • 1,708 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 31 2005 - 07:19 PM

Ah, I see.  I thought that it meant that you just couldn't drive the two in a race together.  So yes, just hiding the one car's file allows the other car to be shown.  Thanks.  I won't bother with all the BAT files.

#6 isamu

isamu

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted Dec 24 2005 - 08:54 PM

WTF how did you guys manage to get the Lancia Stratos into Gran Prix Legends????????? Isn't that a rally car? What's going on here? So confused please explain....

#7 Art-J

Art-J

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted Dec 27 2005 - 10:14 AM

isamu, on Dec 25 2005, 02:56 AM, said:

WTF how did you guys manage to get the Lancia Stratos into Gran Prix Legends????????? Isn't that a rally car? What's going on here? So confused please explain....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


It's just an gfx addon, which makes Your Ferrari look like a Stratos... Released a long time ago with a similar GT-40 which replaced default Brabham model. No change in driving physics here, but still, it's an interesting addon experiment, ain't it? :)

#8 S.Beuchert

S.Beuchert

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Location:2hr's from the Ring
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 27 2005 - 06:27 PM

isamu, on Dec 25 2005, 02:56 AM, said:

WTF how did you guys manage to get the Lancia Stratos into Gran Prix Legends????????? Isn't that a rally car? What's going on here? So confused please explain....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



Art-J, on Dec 27 2005, 04:16 PM, said:

........
It's just an gfx addon, which makes Your Ferrari look like a Stratos... Released a long time ago with a similar GT-40 which replaced default Brabham model. No change in driving physics here, but still, it's an interesting addon experiment, ain't it? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



What Art says.....


but look closer to the future : Lemans '66/'67 anyone...

:wave:

Don't hold your breath  :P  :D



:cheers:

Edited by S.Beuchert, Dec 27 2005 - 06:28 PM.

Swen
GPLRACER  //  RS-Legends  //  My GPL Rank

Posted Image

#9 Robert Zeugin

Robert Zeugin

    Clay Regazzoni

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Switzerland

Posted Dec 28 2005 - 12:44 PM

S.Beuchert, on Dec 28 2005, 01:29 AM, said:

What Art says.....


but look closer to the future : Lemans '66/'67 anyone...

:wave:

Don't hold your breath  :P  :D



:cheers:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



...and maybe you can drive next christmas with a Chapparal F2 the Targa Florio
:wave:

#10 scook120

scook120

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 10 2009 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for this download and the GT40 download.  :wave:  :thumbup:

#11 emifisa

emifisa

    Jackie Ickx

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Oct 15 2009 - 12:39 PM

Stratos at the Targa Florio

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by emifisa, Oct 15 2009 - 12:40 PM.


#12 Kenny

Kenny

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Westminster,Co USA
  • Interests:1.Out under dark,steady skies with my telescope
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 03 2010 - 09:59 PM

Also 256 mips for the Stratos. :D

Attached Files



#13 Tato

Tato

    sinner, but simmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:near Verona, Italy
  • Interests:GPL, Assetto Corsa, RBR, Race 07, watching real races
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 05 2010 - 02:41 AM

I've tried to install this car a couple of months ago in order to drive it at the Targa, followed included instructions, but doesn't work for me: an error message appears (the track can't be loaded etc., same as when you have something wrong or a missing object/texture in your installation path), so I've restored the Ferrari.
Someone can help an old date rally fan and tell me if the issue could be related to rasterizers (I use Nigel's OpenGlv2), or give a tip for a working Stratos?
β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell


Motorsport is dangerous, but life is even more

#14 miklkit

miklkit

    airhead

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:left coast, U.S.A.
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 05 2010 - 12:42 PM

I haven't installed the Stratos, but when I installed the GT40 I got that message at Targa.  It turned out my computer didn't have enough memory for that car/track combination.  More ram solved it.

#15 paul skingley

paul skingley

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 05 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostTato, on Jan 5 2010, 08:41 AM, said:

I've tried to install this car a couple of months ago in order to drive it at the Targa, followed included instructions, but doesn't work for me: an error message appears (the track can't be loaded etc., same as when you have something wrong or a missing object/texture in your installation path), so I've restored the Ferrari.
Someone can help an old date rally fan and tell me if the issue could be related to rasterizers (I use Nigel's OpenGlv2), or give a tip for a working Stratos?

I may be worth trying it with D3d or D3dv2


paul




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links