- - - - -

Different Driver Faces In Online Races / Get Rid Of The Mouse For Capture A Replay

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Motorsports, Music, super-8 movies
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 26 2021 - 02:40 PM

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to have different faces for the players in online racing? Usually it is the plaface.mip which is the same for every driver. There are only different helmets. It seems that only the plaface.mip in the Brabham folder is used.

Furthermore I would like to get rid of the mouse which is showing up when I use camera control master. I would like to capture the replay on another pc because I am running GPL on an old machine with ccm and cannot record in high resolution during playback. Whereas the capturing PC is Win 10 and doesn't support camera control master... what a pity.

Any help highly appreciated :)

rudy

#2 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted Nov 26 2021 - 07:00 PM

There was a bunch of different faces somewhere but you would have to edit 140 faces for 67 ( 20x7 ) and more for mods with more options.

Sorry I can't help with the mouse.

#3 Yngwie

Yngwie

Manager of lateral movements

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:Breathing

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 04:57 AM

For Win10 get the GPL Camera Control Master II patch at this site.

#4 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 07:40 AM

Thank you so much for your instant help and inputs! :up:

Paul, do you have an idea how to manage one specific driver in online-league racing. For example: I would like to have my own face shown and made that plaface.mip from a photo of my face. Than I overwrite the plaface.mip  in the brm folder as I drive the BRM.
However in the replay my face is not shown. Instead if I copy the "Rudolf-plaface.mip" to the brabham folder there is a bunch of clowns driving around - all with my face... :tongue2:
What could I do to prevent all the other players in the online race to look like me? Or maybe is it possible to associate them with their real faces - like the AI cars?

Thank you very much for the link Yngwie! Great tool and Lee's tool are soo fantastic :)
However I really miss the old camera control master from Peter van den Burg because of it's abilities. It just works like a handheld camera.
But I will also use Lee's camera a lot!

#5 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 09:32 AM

Hi Rudolf.

Yes you can make the BRM online drivers with your face but then anyone else driving BRM would also have your face,.
The problem is that you do not know what number you will be assigned in an online race.
If you knew that in advance you could easily edit just the brm online brmxx.3do.

When we made 69 and 66 you can see there are several face variants for the online drivers. Not what you are looking for but better than all the same.

Maybe ( would need testing )  If the race organiser used the grid tool to start races it may be possible for each player to keep the same number for every race.

#6 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 05:19 PM

Thank you very very much Paul for your patience and knowledge. As I will just need the face for a movie project I think there is hope to solve the problem. I will have to find out by try and error
I have no idea about editing .3do and what this does...
But I am looking forward to get it done in any way :)

#7 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted Nov 28 2021 - 03:11 PM

Hi Rudolf.
By editing the 3do i mean just changing the string ( name of texture ) in the brmxx.3do you intend to use for your face.

You can do that easily with a HEX editor. I use FRHED which is freeware. The are many other hexadecimal editors available.

Hope that helps :)

#8 Rudolf Goertz

Rudolf Goertz

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 29 2021 - 09:27 AM

Hi Paul, YOU! are the man :thankyou: :clap:
Works fantastic. I also changed the car texture and helmet accordingly to the drivers face. I just have to change the .3do accordingly to the drivers! Great stuff for movie making

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links