• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robwmack

robwmack

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing, Slot Car Racing, Sim Racing, Hockey, Military History
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 26 2021 - 11:35 AM

I hadn't used GPL Setup Manager in the past but I thought I would give it a try. I have been using the F2 Mod recently and so when I opened GPLSM in GEM+ I realized right away that the version I was using (v1.1.6) wouldn't work for these cars. Also, when GPLSM opened, it was stretched horizontally and squished vertically and is pretty well impossible to use. And the GEM+ screen went from being only on one monitor to being stretched over all three (I use TripleHead2Go) before becoming non-responsive.

I upgraded to GPLSM v2.7.0 but the same thing happened. Opening either version outside of GEM+ had the same result. Here is a screenshot of GPLSM opened in GEM+:

Posted Image

GEM+ works fine otherwise except that when I exit GPL, the GEM+ screen covers all three monitors instead of the single screen it occupies when first opened. But it remains responsive and a click or two gets its back to where I want it.

I've searched the forum but so far haven't found any reports of this particular problem. Here are my system specs:

Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500  @ 3.16GHz   3.17 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)
System type   32-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows Edition Windows 10 Home
Version   20H2
Graphics Card    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

I have had no problem running GPL itself using Windows 10 32-bit. My resolution is set to 4800 x 900 both within GPL and outside using my three screen setup. I tried 3840 x 1024 which is shown as "Recommended" in my display settings but that did not make any apparent difference.

I hope that this can be fixed and that someone can point me in the right direction. My apologies if this issue has already been addressed elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Mackenzie

#2 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted Nov 26 2021 - 02:15 PM

Bob, GPLSM was designed to work on a single monitor.  I don't know how to make it work for three.

#3 robwmack

robwmack

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted Nov 26 2021 - 03:37 PM

Thanks Lee! It’s not the answer I was hoping for but at least I know what I’m dealing with. I may be able to get some use out of GPLSM but I’ll have to come up with some workarounds (such as running it on a different computer or trying to work another monitor into my GPL computer).

Thanks again Lee. I really appreciate your quick reply.

#4 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 01:05 PM

I also use triple screen setup and race at 4800x900 res. When using GPLSM, I do only use single screen though (disabling multi-display). It's the easiest work around.

Edited by Robert Fleurke, Nov 27 2021 - 01:06 PM.

#5 robwmack

robwmack

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted Nov 27 2021 - 05:27 PM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your input. How do you disable multi-display?

I have just tried hooking another monitor to the second DVI port on my graphics card. (TripleHead2Go is connected to the other DVI port.) I was able to get GEM+ to appear only on this second monitor but when I open GPLSM through GEM+ it opens on the triple monitors in the same stretched and squished form. (It does the same opened outside of GEM+.) The box in the upper right corner between the "-" and the "X" does not appear to be active in GPLSM so I can't do what I did to GEM+ to get it on the single screen.

Still trying.

#6 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Nov 28 2021 - 03:52 AM

I have an AMD card and using Eyefinity, that's an option within AMD Catalyst Control Center to set single screen or multi screens. I do not know how it works with NVIDIA cards. I did assume there is also an option in NVIDIA Control Panel to set multi-display or single screen....

https://nvidia.custh.../3148/related/1

#7 robwmack

robwmack

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted Nov 28 2021 - 06:57 PM

Problem solved!

Thanks for the help Robert. I was able to switch to a single monitor by going into the Matrox control panel and changing the resolution from 4800 X 900 (1600 X 900 times three) to 1280 X 1060. That automatically switched it to a single monitor and GPLSM opened perfectly and is now usable. I just have to switch the resolution back to 4800 X 900 when I'm not using Setup Manager.

Thanks again for your replies, Lee and Robert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links