wcci

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:00000
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 15 2021 - 09:44 PM

Can anyone help me get the F1 1975 mod for gtr2 working?? So far I have downloaded a single file, a two part file, and a three part file. The single file allowed me to view the cars but  CTD  when going to a track. The other two did nothing. Could someone post a link to a download that works. Maybe instructions on how to install the mod. Thanks in advance. I would love to take the six wheeler for a spin!

Edited by wcci, Sep 15 2021 - 09:50 PM.

#2 HeinzF

HeinzF

von Trips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, collecting diecast
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 16 2021 - 12:19 AM

In GTR2 you can use a "trace file" to see what happens and if and which problems exist.
If you do not know how to creat a trace file in GTR2, have look at the link below.

https://www.evolutio...eate-trace-file

or ad -trace=30

It will look like this then:

"...\GTR2\GTR2.exe -trace=30"

The "trace.txt" will be stored in "...\GTR2\UserData\LOG\" .

And for a new download link is google your friend. Using it I found min three links!

View Postwcci, on Sep 15 2021 - 09:44 PM, said:

Can anyone help me get the F1 1975 mod for gtr2 working?? So far I have downloaded a single file, a two part file, and a three part file. The single file allowed me to view the cars but  CTD  when going to a track. The other two did nothing. Could someone post a link to a download that works. Maybe instructions on how to install the mod. Thanks in advance. I would love to take the six wheeler for a spin!

Edited by HeinzF, Sep 16 2021 - 12:22 AM.

#3 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,307 posts

Posted Sep 16 2021 - 05:14 PM

Yes, the trace file is the first thing to check; start the game with the new shortcut, as soon as it crashes check the trace file, the problem will be in the last few lines.  For a mod it is usually missing files (some mods do not include everything, check the mod docs to see if any other mods/files are needed, wheels are a common item) or misplaced files (check folder structure).

#4 wcci

wcci

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted Sep 17 2021 - 12:10 PM

Thank you Gentleman for your time and responses. I took your advice HeinzF and googled some more and found a download file that worked!!  It is titled "F1.Seven.1975.Demo.v1.0.GTR2". I am not sure why it is called demo? I had given up searching. It contains much more info then any others I tried. So far every car I selected works on different tracks. Even the six wheeler! This mod is installed on gtr2 with the HQ anniversary update...don't know if it will work on a nonupdated version? The car detail is great and so are the sounds they make. Again thank you for the help.  Here is the link if anyone is interested.  F1 Seven 1975 Mod v1.0 | eSport-Racing.

Edited by wcci, Sep 17 2021 - 12:12 PM.

#5 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,307 posts

Posted Sep 17 2021 - 11:06 PM

The Anniversary "Update" is just a collection of the favorite mods and patches of the person who compiled it;  nothing wrong with that but it is not an official update of the game;  any mods that work with it should work just as well in the default game.

If you are racing offline you should investigate the "Von Dutch AI Tutorial", available at Racedepartment downloads;  includes the original mod, extensive instructions on tweaking it, and pdf files of some of old threads from NoGrip about GTR2 AI.

#6 wcci

wcci

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted Sep 18 2021 - 07:53 AM

You are correct jgf. I took a nonupdated gtr2 v1.1 that I purchased from steam and added the F1 75 mod. Everything works. I just needed to have a proper version of the 75 mod. Now to investigate the Von Dutch AI tutorial. Thank you for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links