• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:F-1, Sports cars 1965 - 1975
    Rugby and the Yardbirds
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 27 2020 - 01:41 PM

Solved!!!!!

Hi, this  annoying bit of trouble that just raised it's ugly head yesterday. The previous day I had done a single race at Österreichring (Zeltw71)  1971   Austrian Grand Prix, with my usual M1 - Mirage ( finished third ;) ). The next day I was driving the 65 mod. After finishing that, I wanted to go back to the Österreichring for another SC race.

I was at the usual main SC menu and selected "Single Race" mode, when I selected the green flag at the track selected I noticed I was the only car there ....did I miss the memo or something??? O.k., I thought maybe I selected training mode by mistake. Going back to main menu, I saw it was on single race. So trying again to see what would happen; once more I was still on the 'training" mode on the track sector screen.

Next step, I checked all my mods and they all worked. I checked Gem and "race"  was indeed selected. Next step, went to  "player" file and then to my SC  Player.ini, I looked at the "lastRaceType = ", it was on zero, so I edited it to "2"; race mode. Went back and same thing.

Then looking at "players" file, I notice there was created "another" player a day or so before for the SC, WHICH I DIDN'T CREATE! I would have no reason to do so. Weird stuff!

Next step, I made another player for SC to see what would happen. So I did and the song remained the same. I chose single race and I get the training mode on the next screen. If I chose Multiplayer I get multiplayer. If I choose World championship I get......................ta da.........Training mode.

So before I do a complete reinstall, I will see if I can pick my fellow GPL'ers brains to figure out this anomaly. Thanks.

Cheers

#2 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Nov 27 2020 - 02:32 PM

Do you use 60fps ?

I had a problem using 60fpsv1 that made "Single Race" and "Championship" modes inaccessible.  This was with the older GT mod and the Can-Am 71 mod.  Switched to 60fpsaiv1 and it worked ok.

If not 60fps, it might be worth disabling any other options you have selected in GEM+, in case they are causing a conflict.

#3 Ferrari-312

Ferrari-312

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
    Rugby and the Yardbirds

Posted Nov 27 2020 - 04:30 PM

View Postwebfoot, on Nov 27 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

Do you use 60fps ?

I had a problem using 60fpsv1 that made "Single Race" and "Championship" modes inaccessible.  This was with the older GT mod and the Can-Am 71 mod.  Switched to 60fpsaiv1 and it worked ok.

If not 60fps, it might be worth disabling any other options you have selected in GEM+, in case they are causing a conflict.

Thanks mate that did the trick! I always thought I used 60fps, as I do not remember even unchecking 60fpsv1 and checking to the other yesterday. As a rule, if it works I do not mess with. But then again GPL does some strange things sometimes. Thanks again.

Cheers

#4 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 27 2020 - 05:32 PM

If you want to race against the AI you should not use any of the 60 fps patches.

#5 Ferrari-312

Ferrari-312

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
    Rugby and the Yardbirds

Posted Nov 27 2020 - 07:28 PM

View PostMillennium, on Nov 27 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

If you want to race against the AI you should not use any of the 60 fps patches.

Why not.......I race the AI with 60fps patch on my 67, 69mod & 69X all the time. ;)

#6 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 29 2020 - 05:16 AM

They don't behave properly with any of the 60 fps patches, they will slow down on the straights.

#7 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, MotoGP

let's have a free choice
    Linux

Posted Nov 29 2020 - 07:03 AM

Erik
try 69X at Spa67 with 60fpsAIV1 they behave pretty well ;)

I test this combination for GPL pc stress test

(I suspect because there is no track specific AI file in Spa67 for 69X)

#8 Ferrari-312

Ferrari-312

Bob Anderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
    Rugby and the Yardbirds

Posted Dec 01 2020 - 11:54 PM

View PostMillennium, on Nov 29 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

They don't behave properly with any of the 60 fps patches, they will slow down on the straights.

Luckily, I do not have that problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links