• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 23 2020 - 08:49 PM

thought i had this sorted...nvidea Geforce GTx 1050Ti
win10 OS
once i had the c67 mod sorted, i went thru all the other mods and (thought) i had them identical.
in fact i checked each one.

image my dismay then when i open the F2 mod.. and a few others.. and see this dappled (?) opening image
on the left a normal image - on the right, the F2 image as are most others.. only the 65 and 67 are now good.

does any one know the ONE exact setting to correct this?

Attached Files

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Driving 4 Team BDS #JC4PM

• Supporter
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 08:17 AM

This is just a guess, based on my instant reaction to seeing your post. But have you checked the compatibility settings for your GPL EXEs? That dappled image looks like an application which is running with the "Reduced colour mode", which is enabled under the "Compatibility" tab.

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 10:59 AM

if true, why would some (65 & 67) look good?
and if compatibility is the issue... when you say GPL.exe, you are referring to the GPLcF2 etc?
see attached -

Attached Files

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Driving 4 Team BDS #JC4PM

• Supporter
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 12:42 PM

Yes Bo, I was referring to the individual mod EXE files. So if something had accidentally changed the compatibility for some of the EXEs and not others, you would get different results from different mods. But obviously, from your screenshot of the EXE properties, you don't have any compatibility mode set for GPLCF2.EXE, and the "Reduced color mode" isn't set either. I am puzzled.
:confused: :idunno: :wall:

#5 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 02:09 PM

ok...  drastic times call for....
i am going to delete ALL the other nvidea settings save GPLc67....  and start from scratch

if you think of anything else, i'll for sure come back, if nothing else - report on my last attempt

#6 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 08:09 PM

Fingers X'd for you, Bo.

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted Nov 24 2020 - 09:50 PM

deleting all the nvidea program specific's worked... now i still need to test some tracks that are graphic heavy, but at least i eliminated the dopple or filter effect :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links