#1 Argyle1968

Argyle1968

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 04 2020 - 08:47 AM

I've got an interesting problem with an AI car I've painted and am trying to incorporate in GPL.  The texture looks fine except for a patch of red I've marked in the attached screenshot.  That part of the carskin is white.  The car is a very slightly edited version of the Matra from the original 1969 mod.  I've checked all of the .mip files and there's nothing painted red other than the car texture and the windscreen .mips.  I created the car .3do file by copying another one which is an all-white car using the same model with no similar issue.  In fact all other "Matras" I've painted using this model have no problem.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  Thanks for any help.

Attached File  Image25.jpg   155.56K   79 downloads

Edited by Argyle1968, Aug 04 2020 - 08:48 AM.

#2 rcb

rcb

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 126 posts

Posted Aug 04 2020 - 09:14 AM

That spot and its equivalent on the other side should be air intakes on the ms80.  Looking at the default windscreen mip files and your picture, it looks like you saved your windscreen mips as type 3 without transparency.  They should be type 5 mips created with the corresponding "filename_ti.bmp".

#3 Argyle1968

Argyle1968

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted Aug 04 2020 - 09:32 AM

View Postrcb, on Aug 04 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:

That spot and its equivalent on the other side should be air intakes on the ms80.  Looking at the default windscreen mip files and your picture, it looks like you saved your windscreen mips as type 3 without transparency.  They should be type 5 mips created with the corresponding "filename_ti.bmp".

Thank you.  By trial and error I found out my problem can't be corrected because my car texture isn't symmetrical.  Painting one side affects the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links