#1 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2020 - 10:47 AM

I have written a tool which could be interesting for admins/race comissioners.
In some leagues ESC/Enter and rejoining after that is forbidden in qualification - except ESC/Enter was in pitlane.
The tool GPL_ESCinQ detects for that. It produces a text file with drivernames, the ESC/Enter time and the rejoining time in case drivers had made ESC/Enter outside the pitlane.
With an ini file it's possible to deactivate the last minutes, because some league (i.e. OAO) allows rejoining in the last minutes.
Also the ini file could be prepaired that only drivers will be detected which had absolved a specific waiting time (i.e. 5 or 10 minutes). The such rules would be possible because it is now verifiable.

In the unzipped folder are three other tools which could be interesting for league admins:
GPL_ Protest detects for colissions in race.
GPL_ShiftR detects for ShiftRs and make an Appendix if the ShiftR was in pitlane (it could be intersting for leagues which allows ShiftR only in pits, because it finds more ShiftRs than RA - otherwise in some cases wrong messages).
GPL_Stops is made to detect for pitstops (refuel/repair/tire change). Repair/tire change is only

avaible

with dirtgearpatch.

Here is the link to the tools:

http://race.eolc.de/...GPL_Protest.zip

The tools can save time and Trouble for race comissionars I think...

BR Olaf

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Feb 21 2020 - 10:50 AM.

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 21 2020 - 06:41 PM

Big Brother is watching you! You cannot ESC the rules! ;) :D

#3 snafu

snafu

John Hammonds

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:GPL. F2B (Toy planes)

Posted Feb 21 2020 - 06:52 PM

As someone who was in the discussions about this in one of the leagues I can say my comments went something like " I would be very surprised if even Olaf could sort that one out.".

And less than 48 hours later here we are.
Olaf you are a friggin genius. :bowing:

TTFN
John

#4 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted Feb 22 2020 - 08:10 AM

Saiph, on Feb 21 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

[font=Helvetica Neue",Arial,Verdana,sans-serif"span style="font-size: 14px][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)"Big Brother is watching you! You cannot ESC the rules! /span/span/span/span/ppimg alt="][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[/background][/background][/font]

For me it seems a big problem is that a lot of people our times makes "ESC/Enter" if they hear they have to abide by any rule...

Thanks John.

Edited by Olaf Lehmann, Feb 22 2020 - 08:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links