ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 18 2020 - 08:11 AM

:new: After "The Masters", on December 22nd, a nice meeting, I wanted to propose you a more regular meeting in the same spirit.

A "small" championship called "Masters & Monsters" :

9 races in the year, one every 4 weeks from February to December, with a break in July and August.

With your help, the idea is to bring to life an elitist championship where we'll only see the fastest drivers.

You'll have to be complete : hotlaper, racer but also strategist.

.Indeed, on the grid only 16 places will be available for each race, so pre-qualification sessions will take place in the days before the race. At each date only the 16 fastests will be able to participate to the race itself.

.Racer, of course, to be one of the best among the 15 other drivers on the grid.

.Strategist, finally, as, if the season will count 9 races, all the cars will have to be used during the first 7 rounds, in the order of your choice.

The "Final rush", the last two races, will give the drivers the opportunity to take the car of their choice, without being able to take the same one twice, however.

The format therefore consists, among others, of the following elements :

.championship reserved for drivers already engaged elsewhere in, at least, one championship (see list of championships on GPL Weekly).
.Handicap in the GPL Rank at -40 (or -25 without the Ring) and better (see list of drivers below).
.9 races, on Saturday, so as not to be in conflict with another championship : Kyalami - Monaco - Zandvoort - Spa - Silverstone // summer break // Mosport - Monza - Watkins Glen - Mexico.
.Igor; 60fps; Pro; no shift-r; race : 1h; practice : 30 mn.  
.Choice of "free" chassis, race by race, but obligation to use all 7 chassis during the first 7 races.

etc...

If you want to be a part of it tell it here and contact me to send me an e-mail address by pm or on the secure form : https://www.grandpri...ends.fr/contact .

If there are enough drivers interested, this championship will be able to take life as it was the case for "The Masters". I will then make dedicated pages to presents this competition in details.

So, among "The Monsters", will you be "The Master" ?

:hat-tip:

- Directly involved : -40 (-25 without the Ring) and better.

.Aitor Fernandez - Aitor Birle -46 (-28) ESP
.Alain Maurice -40 est FRA
.Anders Östlund -46 (-29) SUE
.Andres Oggero -51 (-31) ARG

.Bjørn Finnestad -46 (-28) NOR

.Christof Gietzelt -60 (-37) ALL
.Claudio Callipo -63 (-38) ITA

.Dag Johnsen -43 (-26) NOR

.Ed Cullen -65 (-42) AUST
.Enrique Farina -51 (-31) MEX
.Eric Appelmans -40 (-27) BEL

.Frank Miele - Killer Miele -53 (-33) ALL

.Gregory Taber -44 est USA

.Iestyn Davies -76 (-46) ANG

.Jani Posta -41 (-28) HON
.Joao Marcon - Jonny O -40 (-28) BRE
.José Fierroford -59 (-38) ARG

.Kelvin Mace -65 (-40) USA

.Lasse Oetinger -50 est (-26) ALL

.Marcos Mirande -56 (-34) ARG
.Mario Wilhelm -61 (-37) ALL

.Mick Chapman -40 (-29) ANG
.Miguel Palud - Alboretto -62 (-41) ARG

.Pablo Sosa -72 (-45) ARG
.Patrick Cornu -66 (-41) FRA
.Paul Skingley -50 est ANG
.Pelle Buchner -68 (-41) DAN
.Petr Romanov -57 (-38) RUS
.Piero Mercaldo -50 (-33) ITA

.Quico Giralt - Tron -49 (-33) ESP

.Rainer Alpen (-25 est) ALL
.Renato Jungle - Renato Piacenti -43 (-28) BRE
.Robert Fleurke -84 (-50) P-B
.Roy van Drunen -77 (-45) P-B

.Sanjin Haler -73 (-44) CRO

.Tim Roedl -48 (-27) AUT
.Titi Douet -66 (-41) FRA
.Tom Guérout -88 (-53) FRA

.Ulrich Hofmann -60 (-36) ALL

.Yannick Verheijen -55 (-33) P-B

- Drivers who have stopped during the last season - will be able to participate if they come back in a championship :

season stopped on
.Michael Lowery -55 (-34) ANG 21/09/2019
.Michiel Pompert -62 (-38) P-B 07/09/2019
.Oly9 - Oliver Rakonjac -63 (-40) BOS 17/09/2019
.Sebastian Skinner -55 (-24) ARG 27/03/2019
.Tim Muttram -43 (-26) ANG 13/10/2019

- Other drivers who could (-25 and better without the Ring) :

.Andre Jahren -36 (-26) NOR
.Clive Gardner - EvilClive -34 (-25) ANG
.Laurent Coeffic -37 (-26) FRA ranked stopped in 2012 except 1
.Mati Falas (-25) ARG rank in big progression, is worth about -40
.Roberto Baldassarri -36 (-25) ITA ranked stopped in 2017
.Syd Drake -26 (-27) CROA 01/10/2019 ranked stopped in 2007

- Drivers whose rank has to be specified :

.Sergio Edo - Sergio Stewart -23 (-19) ESP ranked stopped in 2013

#2 D_J

D_J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jan 18 2020 - 09:20 AM

Good stuff Rookie!

Exciting project this.

We can offer a solution to simplify this process. We (HIES) have a pre qual program setup à la what F1 Legends used to run back in the day. We can set up a dedicated pre qualify server for these races over on VROC where times will be registered and posted at http://f1historicesp....com/index.html for each session. That way nobody has to sign up or send pm`s. They just log on and drive. This can be an open server without password running 24/7 so that everyone can register their times at their own leisure. Top 16 (I would recommend 18 but thats just me..) at deadline are qualified for the "world event". The server can be locked to a single chassi so that everybody drives the same for each pre qual session. This can be changed through all 7 chassis throughout the season. 60 of 36 fps is fine either way.

We wont be able to host the actual race but we can contribute something in the pre qual dept.

#3 efarina

efarina

Jo Bonnier

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted Jan 26 2020 - 02:25 PM

View PostD_J, on Jan 18 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

Good stuff Rookie!

Exciting project this.

We can offer a solution to simplify this process. We (HIES) have a pre qual program setup à la what F1 Legends used to run back in the day. We can set up a dedicated pre qualify server for these races over on VROC where times will be registered and posted at http://f1historicesp....com/index.html for each session. That way nobody has to sign up or send pm`s. They just log on and drive. This can be an open server without password running 24/7 so that everyone can register their times at their own leisure. Top 16 (I would recommend 18 but thats just me..) at deadline are qualified for the "world event". The server can be locked to a single chassi so that everybody drives the same for each pre qual session. This can be changed through all 7 chassis throughout the season. 60 of 36 fps is fine either way.

We wont be able to host the actual race but we can contribute something in the pre qual dept.
  very nice idea D.J and good new schampionship, I agree whit that,....count with me

#4 D_J

D_J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jan 26 2020 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Enrique , well , it might be the start of something.

Me and Rookie have gone a bit back and forth with this and it might not be as straighforward to set it up. There are already quite a few leagues in relation to drivers now so another full year commitment like this might be a stretch for many , or other leagues will suffer under it.

I like the idea of having a "world event" type thing in december based on a world rank if that is possible to maintain and register properly. That way the season we drive is the ticket in. Top 16 - 18 at the end of november is qualified. Then a double header comes to mind , two races of say 90 - 120 min duration. We can rank the chassis from lotus being worth 7 points and brm 1 point. Each driver has 8 points available for the two races. So if someone goes strong in one race they would have to go weak in the other. Or medium for both. Then it would be two extra races in december but the season result would count for so much more for those who would aim to be in such an event. More like a really long qualifying.

Edited by D_J, Jan 26 2020 - 04:17 PM.

#5 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted Jan 27 2020 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Enrique. :thumbup:

Hello, Dag. Maybe your hypothesis is right.

Having said that, 9 races more or less, is it really decisive in a season that offers more than 400 races (427 last year) ?

I rather wonder if, like Enrique, the other drivers concerned didn't rather miss this topic, quickly drowned among many others in this big forum, and contained in a section surely much less read than "I just want to talk about all things GPL".

Enrique came to answer here because I just told him about this project by mail during an exchange concerning some South American leagues.

I'm going to try to see by Mp if some drivers (enthusiastic about the Masters and who had asked me for other events of the same kind during the year) didn't miss this subject too.

That said, Dag, I'm interested in your offer to provide me a server for pre-qualification sessions.

I already need to see if this championship can really take place and if it fits with my vision of what I propose. Well, we'll see.

:wave:

#6 Renato Piacenti

Renato Piacenti

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 28 2020 - 05:50 PM

Very good initiative! I want to participate!

#7 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted Jan 28 2020 - 06:58 PM

I'll try to be there!

#8 D_J

D_J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jan 29 2020 - 04:27 AM

Copy that Rookie.

We have set up a test server for this which we call "fastest driver in the world". This server is now running on VROC , open for all and the track is Kyalami. (36 fps)

The list of laptimes can be found at :

http://f1historicesp....com/index.html

So far nobody has set a time.

#9 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 04:51 AM

I'm interested as well. :)

I have set a time, Dag. Not too far off my PB ;)

Edited by Robert Fleurke, Jan 30 2020 - 06:49 AM.

#10 D_J

D_J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 12:04 PM

lol , yeah , I noticed that.. :yikesss:

#11 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,060 posts
  • Interests:graphic design

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 02:53 PM

I'd love to join but I fear I wouldn't be available for the most of the events :(

#12 Cruo

Cruo

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:GPL NR2k3

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 04:00 PM

Hi all. Sanjin here.
Well its so nice to see my name in this list. Thanks for invitation.
But I will not participate.
I must limit my time in front of PC.

Thanks.

Maybe some other time.

#13 Killer Miele

Killer Miele

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 04:15 PM

hallo
yes i found it good
i am  in -lol
frank miele

#14 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 30 2020 - 06:09 PM

If Frank goes, I will too !! :up:

#15 D_J

D_J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jan 31 2020 - 05:53 AM

Im not gonna commit to a full year long league concept but Im very interested in a race in december in the vein of the Masters race that was held last year.

For practical purposes we wont be able to accommodate the pre qual server either as it was a bit different then what direction its going now. We will keep our FDIW server going on VROC but this is not to be confused with the Masters & monsters league.

Im very supportive of the concept and direction this is going , lets hope we can get a world wide , cross league thing going , best of luck.

#16 zockr

zockr

Tim Roedl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:virtual racing

Posted Feb 01 2020 - 03:29 AM

Hi all. Tim Roedl here.

Very nice to see my name in this list. Thanks for your invitation.
But I will not participate - Saturday is holy for party..

CU some other time. Keep this wonderful idea running!!!

#17 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted Feb 01 2020 - 08:01 AM

Thank you to those who have answered me, whatever the answer may be. Especially to Enrique and Robert who brought this project directly (or via mp in the leagues) to the attention of the drivers concerned.

On the South American side we are full. For the rest, Europe (& USA) I'm waiting to see if we'll have more answers during the weekend.

For the moment there are too few driver s to launch this competition. Unless there is a rush of participants it seems impossible to start on February 15th as I planned.

So I plan to postpone the start to March 14th and to reduce the calendar from 9 to 8 races.

Of course this is only possible if we end up having at least 25 (or even 20) drivers ready to line up. Below that, the concept falls by itself and I would have to admit defeat and give up.

:bye:

#18 Kelvin

Kelvin

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 04:59 AM

Excuse my late answer.
THANKS for the invitation, sounds like a very insteresting format. I really like the strategic part, I'm sure it creates unpredictable on track action  :yipee2:
Saturday evening, ...clear to race, so count me in :bounce:

C U on track, Kelvin :cheers:

PS: I'll have to join via IP; GPL old-fashin' style: No iGor; no TS; no Pribluda; still Win-XP

#19 basuli55

basuli55

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:historic f1 racing of the 60th

Posted Feb 09 2020 - 02:59 PM

Great Idea!
But it looks like, that I don‘t have the time to take part in all nine races this year.
If that is possible I am in.
Sorry for my late response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links