KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 16 2020 - 01:14 PM

Here it is , its a late 1968 formula 2 season,  many drivers career end in 68 some died some were hurt badly , Clark of course ,but mike Spence too at indy , two F2 regular  disapeared, Jo Schlesser  and Chris Irwin , so i  did replace them with Brian Redman  on a Lola t100 of the david Bridges racing , the player will still have the choice of using  Surtees colors  or D,Bridges colors , the INI include Jackie Stewart ,so i did include the stewart kit prevously released , and the INI will trigger the Pedro rodriguez kit , so you will have to download and install the "new Tecno68  " kit too, there some update for the lotus too i call them sunny lotus  , with brighter colors like it suppose to be on a sunny day (all my track are sunny i did my share of race under the rain i hate it) .the INI goes in the GPL file, backup  your actual  dr68F2.ini or rename it, other mips pbf  ect goes in there respective files,KARTM

Attached Thumbnails

• phillip island start.jpg
  • brian redman david bridges racing.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by KARTM, Jan 16 2020 - 01:15 PM.

#2 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Jan 18 2020 - 04:51 AM

heres a corrected ini , there was a small  errors ,the pics of Stewart and Widdows were not showing (spelling mistake ) and  i did a couple of tweak too

Attached Files

#3 PHI52

PHI52

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted Jan 18 2020 - 04:54 AM

:up:

#4 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jan 18 2020 - 10:36 PM

:thumbup:

#5 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted Jan 31 2020 - 02:47 PM

#6 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Jan 31 2020 - 03:47 PM

theres new stock in the pipeline

Attached Thumbnails

• gpl8f2 2020-02-01 10-43-47-98.jpg
  • gpl8f2 2020-02-01 10-43-28-11.jpg

Edited by KARTM, Feb 01 2020 - 09:52 AM.

#7 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jan 31 2020 - 10:03 PM

Nice ! Thanks again.

#8 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 10:47 AM

View PostKARTM, on Jan 16 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Here it is , its a late 1968 formula 2 season,  many drivers career end in 68 some died some were hurt badly , Clark of course ,but mike Spence too at indy , two F2 regular  disapeared, Jo Schlesser  and Chris Irwin , so i  did replace them with Brian Redman  on a Lola t100 of the david Bridges racing , the player will still have the choice of using  Surtees colors  or D,Bridges colors , the INI include Jackie Stewart ,so i did include the stewart kit prevously released , and the INI will trigger the Pedro rodriguez kit , so you will have to download and install the "new Tecno68  " kit too, there some update for the lotus too i call them sunny lotus  , with brighter colors like it suppose to be on a sunny day (all my track are sunny i did my share of race under the rain i hate it) .the INI goes in the GPL file, backup  your actual  dr68F2.ini or rename it, other mips pbf  ect goes in there respective files,KARTM

KARTM,

Great job to you and all the rest of the participants in this excellent effort.  I particularly enjoy the winged Ferrari Dino 166; it looks, sounds, and drives, as i imagine it would have 50 plus years ago.  Thanks to Pete Gaimari,  I'm relearning this sim with clutch, shifter, and right foot breaking.  These cars are a challenge on these mostly tight F2 courses, with their narrow power bands.

About 45 years ago, I drove a real Ferrari Dino (sports car) at a regional Mid West SCCA race track at the request of a local dealer.  We went a little faster than he expected, but this turned out to be my only shot at driving a Ferrari on a race track.  I got the offer due to my Italian last name written on my driver's suit.  I've loved Ferrari Cars ever since.

I look forward to future additions,

Roger

#9 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 11:37 AM

formula 2 were racing on fast track too  reims  monza ,thruxton hockenheim  come to mind and the power band was as wide as in f1  , but with around 230 hp they have a lot less traction problem , they are light  ,they brake much better and are  faster in slow curve so in slow track or city track they are basically as fast as the F1

#10 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Feb 07 2020 - 09:13 AM

View PostKARTM, on Jan 31 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

theres new stock in the pipeline
and there it is  a new complete Stewart matra kit , and i solve the matra( Elf, Dunlop )suits mystery, they goes in the murasama file , dont ask who did them i dont remember there from the old f2 or 1968 carset that we did  15 years ago ,so the kit include a new stewart skin , and edited beltoise ,pescarolo

and engine cover ,the whole matra team  you drop those in the c11 file , dont count the number of rivets on the frame its an artistic rendering

Attached Files

#11 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Feb 07 2020 - 09:18 AM

and again another possible line up meaning yes again a different "ini" so take the usual precautions ,with a comeback of Brian Hart on a church farm racing brabham replacing Alan Rees on the second winkleman brabham , with a very good looking paint job ,all the other guy on the grid are jaleous, drop the kit in the brabham file

Attached Thumbnails

• Hart.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by KARTM, Feb 08 2020 - 11:25 AM.

#12 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 07:26 AM

:P

Attached Thumbnails

• gpl8f2 2020-02-08 08-18-41-49.jpg

#13 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 11:34 AM

im getting old theres only 4 files in the Hart kit and one was missing  , so now the kit upthere is reupload and complete kit  , my next step will be to improve the engine and sub frame on each side of the brabham ,but contrary to the lotus  engine file share by the tecno who fit all cars  ,with the brabham  ill have to do one for each paintjob ,(winkleman  rindt .rees and the player ),hart ,gethin,courage,arhens ,lambert ect ,working on them

Attached Thumbnails

• gpl8f2 2020-02-08 17-40-02-44.jpg

Edited by KARTM, Feb 08 2020 - 05:22 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links