Dunderbolt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:I love classic racing.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 22 2019 - 06:05 PM

Heyo, sorry to post here again on this subforum again. I've been having some troubles with my Dualshock 4 controller. Using DS4Windows, I was able to use the gyro to drive and steer the car and while that worked, I couldn't use the "look left" and "look right" so I tried to turn my left and right on the D-pad to Z and X. Sadly this borked the entire controller setup. The gyro still works, and throttle too. But instead of the axis being 0, the axis is number 8, and the game is only recognizing my x and square buttons. Left bumper for my clutch I can't add same deal with the right bumper too. So far, I'm seeing it state that the buttons have changed like "button 15" compared to the ones I had before. Is there a way to change it back?

EDIT: Again, somehow like the last problem, I've seemed to fix it on my own. Actually, it's even better than last time as all buttons seem to work so I can use the D-pad like normal and assign every button that's on my controller. Anyone who's had this issue, I hopefully can help you here. Firstly, I've completely disconnected my DS4 from my computer, this is done by holding the 'PS' button for 10 seconds before the light shuts off (I recommend having the light on in your profile so you can tell if you've completely turned it off.)

Secondly, go to your bluetooth, and remove the 'Xbox 360 controller' and your DS4 controller as well, then restart your computer. I don't know if this matters but it sure did for me and it made me feel like I was making something work. Thirdly, go back into DS4Windows and go to settings, turn on 'Hide DS4 Controller' then go to 'Controller/Driver Setup' open it, it'll ask for permissions. Go ahead and pick yes, it isn't going to steal your credit card information. Then DON'T click a thing on that window that pops up. It should have a picture of a controller on it. Go to your bluetooth settings where all your bluetooth devices would be at and then pair your controller. This would be holding the 'Share' button and then hold your 'PS' button. Eventually the lightbar on your controller should flash white. Similar to a light on a work truck. Now pair your controller to your PC. Once you do, conglaturaisins! You just did something!

How does this help you? If you've had a similar setup like me. You'll notice it was extremely finicky. Either over half of the buttons didn't work, or only the bare bones did. All because you wanted some of that sweet, sweet Gyro action because you're poor like me. So again, congratulations on undercutting the racing wheel market!

Anyway, if this helped anyone else, or like... The three people who play with a dualshock 4 on here, I hope this helps

Edited by Dunderbolt, Nov 22 2019 - 11:40 PM.

#2 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 23 2019 - 02:46 AM

Did you have 2 controllers connected? (X360 and DS4)

If so that would likely explain why the axis numbers and button pressed were messed up. GPL does not like multiple usb devices very much.

Edited by Millennium, Nov 23 2019 - 02:46 AM.

#3 Dunderbolt

Dunderbolt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted Nov 23 2019 - 01:18 PM

View PostMillennium, on Nov 23 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

Did you have 2 controllers connected? (X360 and DS4)

If so that would likely explain why the axis numbers and button pressed were messed up. GPL does not like multiple usb devices very much.

No, DS4Windows makes it where it tricks the computer into thinking the DS4 is an XBOX controller. So, the computer will see a joe-blow controller and then faux-Xbox 360 controller. I think turning on 'Hide DS4 controller' hides the DS4 controller so games don't glitch out thinking there's two inputs. In which case, it's helped me. So hopefully the two other guys who use a DS4 will appreciate this somewhat.

#4 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted Nov 23 2019 - 01:51 PM

I never experienced such issues while using a regular wired 360 controller.

But thanks for DS4 tutorial, I always loved using a gamepad for this game. In GPL you can be pretty much as fast as with a wheel when you've got the hang of it.
Only the original 1967 cars are very difficult with a pad but the Historic mod fixes that.

Edited by Millennium, Nov 23 2019 - 01:51 PM.

#5 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,750 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Nov 23 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostMillennium, on Nov 23 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

I never experienced such issues while using a regular wired 360 controller.

But thanks for DS4 tutorial, I always loved using a gamepad for this game. In GPL you can be pretty much as fast as with a wheel when you've got the hang of it.
Only the original 1967 cars are very difficult with a pad but the Historic mod fixes that.

That's hard to believe but the fact it's a lot harder with the Papy cars shows it's not as good. I doubt I could even stay on the track with a gamepad. Forget being fast

#6 Dunderbolt

Dunderbolt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted Nov 23 2019 - 07:54 PM

I wonder how the DS4 Gyro compares, as it's the closest you can emulate to a racing wheel without actually having a wheel.

#7 Millennium

Millennium

ErikGPL

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted Nov 24 2019 - 05:14 AM

View PostPete Gaimari, on Nov 23 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

That's hard to believe but the fact it's a lot harder with the Papy cars shows it's not as good. I doubt I could even stay on the track with a gamepad. Forget being fast
I don't know what causes it but the steering feels numb when using a gamepad with the original cars. Might be the lack of low speed grip compared to the historic mod. The papy cars love to spin out at even the lowest amount of speed.

#8 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,750 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Nov 25 2019 - 09:52 AM

True but sliding is fun. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users