KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 21 2019 - 07:11 AM

the ms5 is my regular F2 a FB now ;) .so i notice that distortion at the back of the engine, and it flicker too ,i checked the 3do but i dont see the problem ,anybody else have notice it

Attached Files

Edited by KARTM, Nov 21 2019 - 07:16 AM.

#2 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968 F1, Tasman Series

Posted Nov 22 2019 - 12:28 AM

I opened the 3do and had a very quick look (so quick I could be on the wrong path completely). It looks to me like the distortion has something to do with the way the texture is mapped. Open murasama.3do in GPL Track Editor and press F3 to search for the textured polygon e758. There you can try having a play with the texture coordinates in the attached screen. u=horizontal and v=vertical points on the texture. Make sure you back up the murasama.3do. I almost always start a project by doing some trial and error edits first to see what I am changing.

Or maybe it is a missing/wrong point in the vertices?

Hope this helps you get started. :thumbup:

Chris.

Attached Files

Edited by pioujd428, Nov 22 2019 - 12:50 AM.

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,020 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 22 2019 - 06:00 AM

I think the distortion might just be due to the fact that the bodywork at the rear of the MS5 is a bit difficult to model. The engine/gearbox area has a partial cover over the top of it, and on the real car, there would have been a gap at the rear of the cover. My guess is that to reduce the complexity of the car model, and to make it more efficient for the graphics engine to display, the original modeller simply blended the rear of the cover into the engine texture. Personally, I've never noticed any problem with this. Sometimes it's necessary to compromise slightly with GPL car models to reduce polygon counts and increase framerates.

Edited by Saiph, Nov 22 2019 - 06:03 AM.

#4 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl

Posted Nov 22 2019 - 10:05 AM

i  dont have a clue how to use that tool , i will need some more clue ,thats what i have when in upload the murusama file and when i do F3

Attached Files

• Attached File  f3.JPG   67K   18 downloads

Edited by KARTM, Nov 22 2019 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links