• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wee Scot

Wee Scot

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:GTR2, rFactor, BTB, and (thanks to the GPLEA) GPL!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 12:58 AM

Like everyone else, I downloaded the AAIOM circuit and Options package last week, ran the installer as instructed, and copied the Options folder into the AAIOM folder under Tracks. But when I went to find it in the game, it did not show up in the list of tracks available for Training or Single Race.

Last year, the PC I'd been using for several years gave up the ghost, but the hard drive I'd been using was still fundtioning. A friend built a new gaming computer for me from components I had and he contributed, and he installed both a new hard drive (C:) and the old one (E:) linked so that I could move files from one to the other. The operating system he installed is Windows 10.

I was delighted to discover that when I copied my old Sierra folder from the old hard drive to the new, faster one, I could run the various application (65, 66, 67, 69) files and play the game with my old settings still in place. Unfortunately, when I tried copying the GPLSecrets folder to the C drive and tried to run the GEMP2 application file so that I could assign the AAIOM track for use with the various mods, I got an error message about a missing file and assume that GEM has no idea how to find the Sierra/GPL folders/files that I copied from E to C.

Is there any way to manually make text changes to a file or files under GPL so that my mods "see" the AAIOM circuit. If not, what do I need to do? Can I re-install GEM+ and "point" it to the current location of my GPL game files, or will I have to start from scratch with a completely fresh installation of game, mods, and tracks?

Thanks in advice for the solution/advice, no matter how painful.

Edited by Wee Scot, Jun 19 2019 - 12:59 AM.

#2 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,013 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 03:09 AM

You need to reinstall GEM+ application. Is not possible to just copy - paste its folder.
While installing, it will ask  you where GPL is installed and you have to put the correct address in there.

Absolutely no need to start from scratch with GPL :)

Hope it will work. :thumbup:

#3 Wee Scot

Wee Scot

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 04:27 AM

Thanks. Do you mean the "Updated GEM" file (996K) uploaded to this site in 2009? If not, where do I find the GEM+ I need?

#4 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,013 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 05:57 AM

Get it here:
https://gem.autosims.../downloads.html

#5 Wee Scot

Wee Scot

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Jun 19 2019 - 10:32 AM

Thanks. Worked great. I've done my first two recon laps of the full IOM Mountain course! What a beautiful and terrifying drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links