Liggy64

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 20 2019 - 06:27 PM

I have been re-installing GPL on my new Windows10 PC and I have battled through some difficult loading problems.

So far I have all the mods running,1965, F2, the Can-am Mods and the GT Cars. I have decided to focus on the GPL cars but I cannot get the 1966 mod to progress beyond the opening screen. I have created a player for the 1966 mod and have all of the files and car set organised in GEM. When I select to move to the tracks, the program crashes back to the desktop. I have re-installed the mod using the 1966 V1 and had no success. I have tried to install the V2 update but without V1 working this was a hail mary and it didn't work. I have deleted the car files and tracked down all of the config files relating to the 1966, deleting them before re-installing, but the the situation has not improved. Is there some other area in GPL where the mod files are causing problems. Any suggestions welcome. I suspect that it is some problem with an ini or config file somewhere?

#2 Liggy64

Liggy64

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.

Posted Mar 21 2019 - 02:11 AM

It's OK guys...fixed it eventually. I deleted all of the 1966 mod files from the track files. One of them must have been causing a problem. When I re-installed the mod, V1 still crashed, so I went ahead and installed the update V2 and everything worked. Hoo-f__kin'-ray!!!!! Now I just need to get my shifter working.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,361 posts

Posted Mar 21 2019 - 09:52 AM

With GPL, even when it was new, there have been no shortage of questions and solutions. Lots of people here are happy to provide answers so don’t hesitate to ask.

#4 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 21 2019 - 04:07 PM

GPL Shift should do the trick with regards to the shifter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links