fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:GPL of course.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 03:51 PM

Howdy, I'm trying to use a 42in Vizio LCD TV as my main monitor now. It works fine in Rfactor2, AC, whatever, but in my sim of choice GPL I cant get it to recognize 1920x1080 as the other games do. In GEM using OpenGLv2 it shows 1920x1440 and then once in the game defaults back to 640x480 and will only let me have a maximum of 1280x1024 in game. If use that it only shows part of the car. I am using Pribluda and the No letter box patch. Could either one of those have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Mike

Update: I turned on NoLetterBox patch and I have a full screen but only at 1280x720. If thats as good as it gets I'll take it, I've also read some previous posts on this issue and someone mentioned try GPLRastHack, which I did and created a custom res for 1920x1080 but it only lets you do OpenGL and not V2 and when I did I got full screen but car way on the right hand side of the screen again. Using a FOV at 58 if that helps.

Edited by fastmule, Jan 21 2019 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:08 PM

Pribluda and the No Letterbox patch have nothing to do with this.

Try this:

GEM+:

Rasterizer button allows custom resolution of 1920x1080 to match the screen resolution.
Graphics button resolution is blank with Direct 3Dv1 and both Open GL rasterizers.  Initially, can select 1920x1080 resolution only with Direct 3Dv2 rasterizer!
    1.  Select Direct 3Dv2 or OpenGL v2 rasterizer.
    2.  Set 1920x1080 in Rasterizer button custom resolution.
    3.  Select 1920x1080 in the Graphics button for Direct 3Dv2.  Cannot select this resolution in OpenGLv2 initially so select 1280x1024 or just leave blank for now.

GPL:

Select Options/Graphics resolution to 1920x1080 for Direct 3Dv2; 1280x1024 for OpenGLv2 if 1920x1080 is not available.  After running GPL with Direct 3Dv2, you can select 1920x1080 with OpenGLv2...weird!

#3 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for this detailed response!! It wont let me run the game under D3DV2. I did create the custom res and it will allow me to use it in Open GLv2 after trying to launch it with D3Dv2 but the car is off to the right again.

#4 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:54 PM

Think I’ll just go with 1280 x 720 it allows me to run the sim and looks decent. Thanks again for the help!

#5 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 06:57 PM

If you are using Windows 10, read this:

http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12523

Pay specific attention to step F.

#6 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted Jan 21 2019 - 07:50 PM

Yes Windows 10 and you sir are a genius and a gem to this community! Thanks so much and have a great evening!

#7 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Jan 22 2019 - 01:03 AM

After Lee anwers, mine is almost useless. So please, correct me if I'm writing stupid things.

Just to know, I only use OpenGL V2 from 2008 and onwards, because it has only minor issues and is quite stable imho; D3D - both Papyrus and v2 by Nigel Pattinsons - have major graphics issues for me, Papyrus OpenGL never worked for me, no matter about PC specs, hardware, OS, installed stuff and much more.

1- Every time I use Rasterizer button in GEM+ page to change something instead of doing it manually, the first time after I launch GPL, the driving resolution is reverted to default 640x480 instead of 1920x1080 as stated; so I change it to 1920x1080 in the graphics options menu into GPL and then is stored permanentely in the option file - at least till I change something other in the GEM->Rasterizer page as I reported.

2- In my rig, at least with OGLv2, GPL does't recognize the native 1920x1080 resolution of my monitor, the one I want to use for driving and replays, so isn't displayed in the menu for a choice (never known till now about the D3d trick, thanks Lee). Fortunately - or better, thanks to Nigel (Pattinsons) -  is possible to manually set a custom resolution using the v2 of the rasterisers in a very easy way, just adding desired values, among the ones supported by your monitor of course, into the [RasterV2] section of the Core.ini, just put your numbers for width and height lines - or add them if not there, i.e.:

Width = 1920
Height = 1080

Just my 2 cents trying to help, so again, please correct me if I'm wrong - but it works for me.

#8 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted Jan 22 2019 - 05:48 AM

Tatio, thanks for helping Lee’s trick of opening it in D3DV2 mode worked for me, but in my case the game opened but went to the calibration screen as normal but I couldn’t select anything with the mouse so I had to hard boot it. Fired it up again this time in OpenGLv2 and 1920 x 1080 was there. I did have to use the Raturizer option in Gem and set the resolution first butI can see where your method would work as well. Thanks for the assist I appreciate it!

#9 orlinos

orlinos

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 22 2019 - 06:13 AM

View Postfastmule, on Jan 21 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

[...]
Update: I turned on NoLetterBox patch and I have a full screen but only at 1280x720. If thats as good as it gets I'll take it, I've also read some previous posts on this issue and someone mentioned try GPLRastHack, which I did and created a custom res for 1920x1080 but it only lets you do OpenGL and not V2 and when I did I got full screen but car way on the right hand side of the screen again. Using a FOV at 58 if that helps.

Do not know if it helps, but the resolution is in fact set in two places - in Core.Ini in GPL folder (the rasterizer resolution in GEM+) and in the player.ini (and plac65.ini and other ini-s for the other mods - the Graphics button in GEM+). For example I can set 1600 x 900 in the rasterizer but there is no option for this resolution in Graphics in GEM+.

But any resolution can be set manually in the player.ini files!

Attached Files

#10 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted Jan 22 2019 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the info about setting the resolution in the .ini files.  I didn't know or had forgotten about that.

Apparently, a mod won't display the 1920x1080 resolution until the mod player.ini file contains those settings.  A new .ini won't contain them before the initial start up which is why they aren't displayed with OpenGLv2 initially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links