happyloaf

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Trying to get GPL up and running on a new machine
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 12:15 PM

I have downloaded most of the season mods and CanAm mods hosted here. I'm wondering if there are any other major mods I need.

I have read about the 60 FPS mod but that seems to break the AI. Is this still worth downloading?

I have also read about a mod that slows the AI in the corners. Is this mod to make the AI more realistic or easier? Once again, is it worth having this mod installed?

#2 orlinos

orlinos

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 12:50 PM

View Posthappyloaf, on Jan 20 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

I have downloaded most of the season mods and CanAm mods hosted here. I'm wondering if there are any other major mods I need.

I have read about the 60 FPS mod but that seems to break the AI. Is this still worth downloading?

I have also read about a mod that slows the AI in the corners. Is this mod to make the AI more realistic or easier? Once again, is it worth having this mod installed?

1) Should include all or almost all mods:
http://www.gpllinks.org/
http://gplmotorworks.gplworld.de/

2) GPL AI Speed Control Patch v2 is here
http://gplmotorworks.gplworld.de/

Personally, I use the v2.1 version, which is only included inside Legends of GPL mod (can be extracted, no need to install the whole mod):
http://logpl.gplworld.de/

It works exactly the same as v2, but slows AI less. I find it works very well for '65 mod. It does make the AI a bit slower (easier), but you can easily compensate with a harder npt_override setting - just set it so the AI gets roughly the same overall lap time.
With npt_override closer to 1.0 or lower it will be faster on straights but a bit slower in corners.

3) I do not use the 60 fps mod, since I only race the AI. I believe it's worth it for solo practice or multiplayer.

#3 happyloaf

happyloaf

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 02:15 PM

Dumb question, I think I've found the AI speed control 2.1 in the mod. Do I just drop that into the mods folder where I put any of the other mods for iGOR and GEM+ to find them?

#4 happyloaf

happyloaf

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 02:24 PM

So I dropped the AI mod into my GEM+ options folder and when I try to load, I get an "error" message. I have been able to get the Tachy mod and the no letterbox mod to work by just dropping them into the options folder and clicking them in GEM+.

#5 orlinos

orlinos

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 02:26 PM

View Posthappyloaf, on Jan 20 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Dumb question, I think I've found the AI speed control 2.1 in the mod. Do I just drop that into the mods folder where I put any of the other mods for iGOR and GEM+ to find them?

Let me put a great quote from Lee Bowden how the GEM+ works. In this case option 3 is probably the best, so you can always decide for each mod.

1.  GPL Installation/Mods/GEM+/Mod Physics directory.  The patch will always be used by this mod only.
2.  GPL Installation/Mods/GEM+/Mod Physics/Options directory.  The patch will be used by this mod only and can be turned on and off with its GEM+'s checkbox.
3.  GPL Secrets/GEM+/Options directory.  The patch will be used by all installations and mods and can be turned on and off with its GEM+ checkbox.

#6 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 02:52 PM

Only use the 60 fps mod for hotlapping. There's no way to get proper ai working with it, many have tried.

#7 happyloaf

happyloaf

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 02:55 PM

I found out how to get the AI speed patch to work. You need both the speed patch AND the tire pressure patch!

#8 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 20 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostMillennium, on Jan 20 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Only use the 60 fps mod for hotlapping. There's no way to get proper ai working with it, many have tried.

Or use humans as AI, they are much more interesting to race against anyway :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links