#1 timbob67

timbob67

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 07:01 AM

Tearing my hair out slightly here.

My wheel and pedal setup has always worked, no issues for years. My own suggestion for using DXTweak to fudge the combined axis to 0 so GPL can't see it is even on the GPL wiki FAQ...

Anyway - for some reason, starting randomly today after firing GPL up for the first time in a while, even if I ensure that the "combine axis" setting for accelerator/brake is not ticked in controller settings, whenever I go into GPL, the combined axis works as well as the two separate accelerator and brake axes. Of course, when selecting controllers GPL recognises the combined axis first and there's no manual way to select the axes assignments I want.

I've tried DXTweak, DIview, profiler, no profiler etc etc etc.

Is there a way to either actually turn off the combined axis properly for my G25, or at least manually type into an ini file I've not yet found that I want axis 2 for throttle and axis 3 for brake - not the combined axis 1?

#2 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 09:53 AM

Do you happen to have other usb devices like gamepads connected to the pc since the problem appeared?

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 12:35 PM

The only way to get it is imo in the windows "joystick" settings

Edited by Cookie, Jan 17 2019 - 12:36 PM.

#4 timbob67

timbob67

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 01:35 PM

No other devices, no other gamepads. Nothing! Like I say - it's always worked fine. Something appears to be causing the combined axis to not disappear - GPL can see the combined axis AND both split axes.

Anyway - I seem to have got a "bodge solution" working using vjoy and something called UJR. Vjoy seems to be a driver, and UJR lets you combine (or disable) multiple axes from multiple controllers onto one virtual controller. You can even merge the accelerator and clutch onto one axis to use as a rudder for a flight sim for example. I've located the combined axis and disabled it. There still seems to be confusion as to what axis GPL will detect when assigning controllers in game, but there's a "quick bind" function which you can bind a key to virtually move one particular axis which means the right axis can be detected. Something strange is still going on because I seem to have to re-calibrate and reassign everything each and every time I go into GPL, but I can at least drive now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links