fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:GPL of course.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 10:41 AM

Hi all, Happy Thanksgiving to all, finally got the FF on my Thrustmaster T500RS and back in action!!! For 3 years I havent been able to use this dang wheel with FF... Found out I couldnt have the wheel and my Fanatec pedals plugged into the motherboard, had to take the pedals and put them on the add card on the top of my case. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to bind the keys necessary to exit your car to your wheel?

I have to JoyToKey and make one of my wheel buttons the esc key and another button the enter key but the game does not recognize it.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

#2 orlinos

orlinos

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 10:49 AM

View Postfastmule, on Nov 22 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hi all, Happy Thanksgiving to all, finally got the FF on my Thrustmaster T500RS and back in action!!! For 3 years I havent been able to use this dang wheel with FF... Found out I couldnt have the wheel and my Fanatec pedals plugged into the motherboard, had to take the pedals and put them on the add card on the top of my case. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to bind the keys necessary to exit your car to your wheel?

I have to JoyToKey and make one of my wheel buttons the esc key and another button the enter key but the game does not recognize it.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I use Xpadder for the same task, but that might not be important. Do you run JoyToKey as an administrator?
I noticed, that to make certain key-rebinding programs (Xpadder, AutoHotkey) work in games in Windows 10 - I have to run them as an administrator.

#3 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 11:07 AM

Thanks so much orlinos, running Joy2Key as admin on Win10 was just what I needed!!! Have a great my man...

#4 orlinos

orlinos

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:jazz
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 12:31 PM

View Postfastmule, on Nov 22 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Thanks so much orlinos, running Joy2Key as admin on Win10 was just what I needed!!! Have a great my man...

Glad to help! :D
I found out the hard way to do it for most of the additional programs I run along with games, if they interact with the game in any way.

#5 phil.in.colorado

phil.in.colorado

Guy Ligier

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 10:15 PM

So while were on this topic, I just got a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedal set to replace an older TM wheel had a malfunctioning paddle shifter. Everything is hooked up and working but when I go to shut down the system, it hangs and the computer won't turn off. The computer is a (don't laugh) 2002 eMachines running Windows XP. Any thoughts? BTW the old wheel got power off the USB, but this one has 120v direct to the wheel. If I unplug the wheel first, then I can shut down the computer.

#6 fastmule

fastmule

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted Nov 23 2018 - 07:28 PM

Hey Phil, I would say its power related. Have you tried moving the wheel to another usb port?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links