#1 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 19 2018 - 10:33 AM

Hi, I tried various combinations in the Logitech Profile but when I start GPL nothing happens, the game is always set to 560° circa
For example, when I change value (in Logitech profile before to start the game) at the 400° the wheel works fine and is block it's set correctly at 400°, but in game I have 560°
Any idea?

#2 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Nov 19 2018 - 09:16 PM

Have you checked the "Allow Special... ...Settings" in Edit\Specific Game Settings? Only thing I can come up with at the moment.

#3 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,470 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 19 2018 - 10:20 PM

Maybe you are modifying one profile, or none, and the game is using another?

All I got
:D

Edited by John Woods, Nov 19 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,863 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 06:04 AM

In the Logitech Profiler, I see a settings page which has three options: [1] Automatically apply profiles to games, [2] Do not apply profiles to games, and [3] Apply a generic profile to all games. Do you have the correct option selected so that your GPL profile is being used correctly? And if you are applying the profile to GPL, is the profiler selecting the correct GPL EXE file? You have to make sure that the profiler recognises the EXE file for each GPL mod.

#5 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 10:13 AM

The profile is pointed correctly on gplc67.exe, have tried to set to "Apply to game Automatically" and "Apply permanent profile" but no solved, the only option that works and brings the degrees that I want in games is the first option "Do Not apply profile at game automatically"
Seems this is the only way for choose the degrees I want, but.. with this all the button of the wheel don't works (works fine in the other options) this is strange

I have now Win 10 64bit and I try to reinstall GPL in this computer, I have only original 67 and Gem+, no mod for now because I want to solve this problem
Before I played on WIn 7 64bit without problem, only one profile in the logitech and simply I change the .exe when I change the mod I used (for example setting to gplc67.exe, or gplc66.exe, gplc65 etc..)

Maybe the driver logitech is in conflict with Win10? I 've always used 5.10 driver

#6 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,831 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 10:20 AM

I'm afraid that your last line could be the winner. :rolleyes:

#7 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 03:47 PM

(Bene ma non benissimo cazzarola :lol: )

I use Logitech DFGT and that is the last drivers for that wheel, in the past I tried to use drivers and software of G29 but not works with DFGT
Anyone here use this wheel ?

#8 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,326 posts

Posted Nov 20 2018 - 04:19 PM

View PostLalethor, on Nov 20 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

The profile is pointed correctly on gplc67.exe

I’d think that you should be pointing at gpl.exe instead.

I’ve never used the profiler as it seems unnecessary to me unless you’re mapping keys to game functions. I change the range of the wheel in Control Panel > Devices and printers > Right click on the Wheel > Properties > Settings

#9 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts

Posted Nov 21 2018 - 09:59 AM

I think gpl.exe isn't patch 1.3, but the problem is that when I will drive with any mods I must point it on the gplc66/ gplc65 etc..

Without profile the setting is a default 900° and so not driveable at all for me not even with 5:1 steer-ratio

#10 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,326 posts

Posted Nov 21 2018 - 02:27 PM

So, you done as I've marked in the picture attached and it still won't change to the new rotational value? Make sure that the profiler is closed first.

Attached Files

#11 MLGathome

MLGathome

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:simracing

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 02:22 AM

I am driving a DFGT on Windows10 with no problems. Give me untill the weekend and I will get back too you.

Greetings, Marcel

#12 Lalethor

Lalethor

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 277 posts

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 08:31 AM

Maybe I've solved (I hope)
In my PC I have Power & Glory, Nascar 2003 and Euro Truck sim 2 and all this games works fine with their Profiles so the problem was not the Logitech Profile and 5.10 drivers

But I have all software in E:\  disk not in C:\ because I prefer C: disk for Win10 only if possible (two different SSD)
Deleted GPL and re-installed on ssd C and now the profile works with values I want, tried to change it and start GPL many times and is ok (dark mystery of windows..)

There is only a little issue, works fine if I start GPL FROM Logitech software (it's pointed correctly on gplc67.exe) while if I start from GEM+ don't reads the settings, so default 900° and no buttons
So for example, if I want to play at 60fps, I must open GEM+ and check the option and close GEM, then start GPL from Logitech Profile and works fine (other dark mysteries of windows..)

I will install all mods hoping that everything works, for play to different MOD I must to point the profile pm gplc66.exe, gplc65.exe etc.. but this if is the price for pleasure it's ok, maybe a new/other wheel don't have all this issue but for now my finances don't allow me to buy other hardware

Meanwhile thanks all for the answers :thankyou:

#13 MLGathome

MLGathome

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:simracing

Posted Nov 22 2018 - 11:45 AM

Just for your information.
I installed Logitech driver: lgs510_x64 for DFGT, in C:\Program Files.
Plug in my wheel, open Logitech Profiler and the tab regarding device settings. Here you can see the rotation of the wheel settings.
Afterwards close it again. If I don't do this GPL starts with 270 degrees rotation. I am using one profile for all my "games", no exe selected.
I fire up GEM, select my mod I want and push the green button and in game calibrate the wheel.
As long as my PC and wheel are running, I can switch between mods and drive as I want.

Greetings, Marcel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links