• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 09:26 AM

Dear Lee :)

I knew the three first steps for some time now, but I didn't know how to do the fourth...

A thousand thanks !!! It's very precious to me, and I hope for more than one person... :rolleyes:

:wave:

#77 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 09:41 AM

Lee, is it this line for the ptach rotation value?

Attached Files

#78 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 11:50 AM

Greg. yes although I think you can edit the Flavor 22 line too as that modifies the previous line.

I'm away from my notes and can't remember which rotation (A, B, or C) you have to change.  I'm pretty sure B is the fore/aft tilt of the needle.  All the original GPL cars used a dash/needle tilt of about .3 radians which tilts the top of the needle away.

Either A or C does the rotation you're interested in.

#79 pseudopod52

pseudopod52

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:racing, all era

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 07:45 AM

Hi Lee,

I remember reading somewhere that the driver's head tilt can be changed to a different plane. Right now the head rotates in the transverse plane. Can one change it to rotate in the coronal plane, i.e. tilting the head sideways while still looking ahead? You see a lot of videos and images of racers doing just that when cornering.
Thanks.

Joe

#80 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 10:34 AM

Joe, are you talking about the Bobble Head patch?   It rotates the external view of the driver's head in all three axes.

If you are talking about the what the player sees in the cockpit view, I don't have a patch for that (well actually I do, but testers didn't like it so I never released it).  I believe you can use GPL Glance to do that though.

Edited by Lee200, Feb 03 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#81 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 10:48 AM

My wish would be for all the standard tracks to be at the same level as Spa 67. A monumental task! Imagine the Nurburgring at Spa67 level!

This is a bit of a digression but I've seen a few comments discussing the future of GPL in terms of how many of us within the existing player base would still be interested in GPL in say 10yrs time? I've often considered this and I think a few will still play in small leagues (much like today but much, much reduced). Sadly, we may have to accept a natural end to the wider community. When the time comes, we should be glad it happened rather than be sad that it's over.

#82 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 11:18 AM

Good reason for a 2018 World Cup Grand Prix Legends birthday celebration.

Is simracing growing?

:D

Edited by John Woods, Feb 03 2018 - 11:22 AM.

#83 pseudopod52

pseudopod52

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 06:58 PM

View PostLee200, on Feb 03 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Joe, are you talking about the Bobble Head patch?   It rotates the external view of the driver's head in all three axes.

If you are talking about the what the player sees in the cockpit view, I don't have a patch for that (well actually I do, but testers didn't like it so I never released it).  I believe you can use GPL Glance to do that though.

Lee, I do mean the Bobble Head patch.

Joe

#84 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted Feb 03 2018 - 08:10 PM

Joe, then please explain in more detail.  As I said, the patch rotates the head in all three axes, not just one as you thought.

#85 pseudopod52

pseudopod52

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Feb 04 2018 - 10:59 AM

View PostLee200, on Feb 03 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Joe, then please explain in more detail.  As I said, the patch rotates the head in all three axes, not just one as you thought.

Ok. Maybe I was expecting head rotation akin to rfactor's.

#86 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Feb 04 2018 - 06:29 PM

GPL glance does that. It links the cockpit view to the angle the wheel is turned. So the view rotates toward the side the wheel is turned.

#87 pseudopod52

pseudopod52

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Feb 04 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostMichkov, on Feb 04 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

GPL glance does that. It links the cockpit view to the angle the wheel is turned. So the view rotates toward the side the wheel is turned.

Yes, from the driver's POV. From what Lee said, this is also true from the spectator's POV although the lateral head tilt seems to be quite subtle. I'll go watch some more replays.

#88 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Feb 05 2018 - 05:59 PM

View PostChris Amon, on Feb 03 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

This is a bit of a digression but I've seen a few comments discussing the future of GPL in terms of how many of us within the existing player base would still be interested in GPL in say 10yrs time? I've often considered this and I think a few will still play in small leagues (much like today but much, much reduced). Sadly, we may have to accept a natural end to the wider community. When the time comes, we should be glad it happened rather than be sad that it's over.

I've been racing on the computer since 1994 or 95. I rediscovered GPL in 2011. I've been driving nothing but GPL since then except for 2 or 3 weeks of looking at GTR2 mods. I'm 50 years old. I might still be driving GPL in 20 years. In almost 7 years, I still haven't learned to drive the Lotus and Brabham as well as I'd like. There's still plenty to keep me interested and entertained by GPL. The biggest problems for GPL's continued use might be hardware incompatibilities we'll see in the future.

#89 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Feb 05 2018 - 07:50 PM

View PostJMF, on Feb 05 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

The biggest problems for GPL's continued use might be hardware incompatibilities we'll see in the future.

So far, so good.

Maybe in the future, if nothing else, there will be a suitable emulator?

:D

#90 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

• Supporter
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:GPL; Model Cars; Photography. Assetto Corsa

Posted Feb 06 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostLee200, on Jan 26 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Dunno Stefan...I've never understood the gearshift code, but will take a look at it for you.

Any advance on this please Lee ?

:dino:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links