• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Harry Henderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Sim Racing of any kind, old to new.
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 03:13 PM

I just bought GPL off E-Bay about 2 weeks ago. Never had this game, but i heard a lot of great things about it. I went into YouTube & found a video on how the best way to install it. I downloaded gplinstall_bete 1.08exe & it installed it. Everything seems to work fine. Even have the resolution set at 1920x1080. Now I'm trying to figure out how to install different mods & tracks. From reading & googling about it, I'm guessing you can't install mods & tracks like NR-2003. I seen somewhere to download a GPL Manager? Does that install both mods & tracks? Are there directions with on how to use the manager. I seen some old posts about creating a new profile for each Mod? If so, how do you remember which profile is for what mod? Seems very confusing. Are all the different mods & tracks to download on this site? Remember, I know nothing about this game, so if anyone can help & explain step by step or point me what to download, I'd sure appreciate it Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 03:28 PM

Each mod comes with their own installer and pretty much every track too. GPL (Setup?) Manager is not required, I've never used it to be honest.

You can make a profile for each mod, it's not necessary, though I would still recommend it. I always add the name of the mod to the profile name. (As an exemple 'Driver 65', 'Driver 69', 'Driver F2' etc.)
Most of the tracks and mods can be found here indeed, but if you want a nice overview you can also visit the Track Database: http://gpltd.bcsims.com/

*Edit* I forgot to mention you must use GEM 2+ to start Grand Prix Legends (Don't use the shortcut from the game). From there you can select which mod you want to use for your profile. Also you can add/create season with all the different tracks you have installed. GEM 2+ is a sort of manager/dashboard through which you can activate carsets (mods) and launch the game.  

http://gem.grandprixlegends.info/

Edited by Millennium, Jan 14 2018 - 03:37 PM.

#3 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:01 PM

As Millennium already said mods come with an installer. There is a detailed description how to install each mod on their respective sites or the main threads first post. It's the same procedure for each mod, nothing difficult, mostly point and install.

Tracks come in 3 varieties, most modern ones will be packed in an installer. For those, same as the mods, point to the GPL.exe and click through.
Older ones come in zip archives with a Track Installer.exe inside. Extract the archive run the .exe again pointing to the GPL.exe.
The oldest ones need to be installed by hand, which in our case means extracting an archive and editing some text files. Usually there is a readme that explains the process. Fortunately these are the minority.

As for everything else, sounds, textures and the like, just drop them into the appropriate folder. In general graphics for tracks go into GPL\tracks\trackname\, car updates similarly into GPL\cars\car55\ferrari. The system is quite compartmentalized.

Hope that helps, if you got further questions just ask.

#4 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,457 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:14 PM

NR2003 is the NASCAR separate sibling to Grand Prix Legends that is used to create the GTP Mod.
They don't mix together.
Scroll down the forums page (community index) to find the NR2003 forums.

If not already, go HERE (gpllinks.org) and look around a bit.

For sure check out Lee200's site.

Welcome to SRMZ!
BTW, seems install went pretty easy. Are you running Win10?

:D

Edited by John Woods, Jan 14 2018 - 05:23 PM.

#5 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Harry Henderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:42 PM

I'm running W7 Home Edition. Install was simple. The gplinstall_beta_1.08exe did all the work. i was even able to increase the resolution to 1920x1080. The original 640x480 was terrible. Still can't get the Nvidia Inspector for some reason to accept the GPL exe. Thanks guys for all the help. Very much appreciated.

#6 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:56 PM

Main key, what I found is read the install notes for mods, over and over again, until you know the procedure. Write down the bullet points, if needed !

Also make sure you have the extra tracks installed into gpl, before installing the mod. One thing I admit I have done before and failed to do in the past. Easily forgotten though 😁

So you should have the original tracks (11) plus whatever other tracks you have already installed ?. Then add the ones for your mod, if needed. Unless they're already there.

For drivers each time you install a mod. Start gpl exe 1.03 name your driver and do settings, then come out, go to gem and select your driver(just created) plus the mod files, like cars etc.

As others have said, just call back here for any help required. We are all here to help you get going, with this great race SIM 😀

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Jan 14 2018 - 06:00 PM.

#7 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,918 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 15 2018 - 02:24 AM

Hello Bigfoot

Welcome to GPL and SRMZ. :)

This may also be helpful:

GPL Easy Installation Guide (ENGLISH): http://gplworld.org/...tion-guide.html
GPL Easy Installation Guide (GERMAN): http://gplworld.de/e...tion-guide.html

:wave:

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 15 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#8 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Harry Henderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Jan 15 2018 - 02:02 PM

Thanks everyone for all the help. Installing tracks & mods today. So far so good. If something doesn't work right, I'll be back for more help. Very much appreciated !!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links