gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 23 2017 - 05:31 PM

Have you tried the AI files that are in the Complete Track Folder archive D/L ??
(they are not in the Update Only archive D/L)

Edited by gliebzeit, Dec 24 2017 - 06:43 AM.

#32 PTRACER

PTRACER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yep I have. I even downloaded them separately. It seems the AI just outbrake themselves in the chicane and plow into the strawbales. Some get stuck and a pileup ensues...

#33 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 11:56 AM

PTRACER (and all), please go to Post #1 and download '55 Pau version 1.5
I had forgotten that I had made some update to Pau a couple of months ago.  Here is that update.  :)

Edited by gliebzeit, Feb 21 2018 - 02:24 PM.

#34 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 01:11 PM

Greg, a question if I may about the Conversion update.

I notice there are quite a few mip files in the conversion rather than .m55's.  For example pailbard.mip and pailcont.mip.  In the conversion these have are haybales with old Shell and Continental ads respectively.  So these will be displayed for all mods replacing the more modern (Bardahl and Continental) logos.  Looked a bit odd to me in "non-55 mode".

Do you remember, is there a reason  why you didn't make these m55 files?  You mentioned above in post #10 that some nice haybales were found at a later point. Did you just take them asis from there?

#35 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts

Posted Feb 21 2018 - 02:18 PM

Ahhhh.... you are correct.  Since I use separate installs per mod ... I looked at the '67 F2 Pau track folder.  I have, as you say, the newer haybale adds.  I will make the three adverts m55.  Thanks!!  :)

Here are the pertinent mip files, only - Attached File  pau67_'55_'67_adverts.rar   149.75K   16 downloads

EDIT:  A small update to v1.5 in Post #1

Edited by gliebzeit, Feb 21 2018 - 03:00 PM.

#36 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Feb 22 2018 - 06:37 AM

Thanks Greg for the swift response.

#37 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Feb 23 2018 - 08:44 PM

PTRACER (and all),  

I have experienced similar problems with the AI at Pau, Rouen, and several other 1955 tracks.  My theory is that the physics of the 55 mod contribute to the pile ups.  The F1 and F2 cars from 1965 and forward are much lighter and have superior braking, cornering, and steering capabilities.  These changes in physics gives the more modern AI better stopping, maneuvering, and avoidance abilities.  

In order to test my theory I made a copy of drive55.ini and changed the aggression indices to 80% of their current value for each of the 19 AI drivers.  I also increased the value of the alertness indices to 120% of their current values.  The net result are 19 AIs that are less likely to take a questionable chance and much more likely to avoid a problem that occurs in front of them.  In general the AI racing in the 1955 F1 Mod is better and the probability of finishing a race seems to improve significantly.

This is a very easy change to initiate and to unwind if you do not like the results.  If you have loaded the 1955 race specific car sets you will have to change the driv55.ini for each race specific track; I would make these changes on a track specific basis ... some tracks are more prone to pileups than others.   Fast straits leading into very tight corners seem to be a particular problem in regards to AI pileups.

Some of the 1955 AIs are pretty slow, if you increase their speed through a lower Gem 2 AI value (1.00 is standard) or an increased dlong_speed_ adj_coef (in the track55.ini files) you will increase the probability of AI crashes.  Directly adjusting the NPT_Override setting also effects the AI crash avoidance behavior.  The modified driv55.ini also helps in these situations.

I hope these suggestions are of use to some of you ... it has helped me better enjoy the fabulous 1955 F1 Mod.

Roger  

#38 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music

Posted Feb 23 2018 - 09:17 PM

Many many thanks Roger !

It really improves the AI !!!

Very nice job :hat-tip:

Edited by db312, Feb 23 2018 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links