Stirling Mouse

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:GPL, motor racing history, music, country walking
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2017 - 03:34 AM

Thanks Greg - who knows, maybe his update will surface one day.
Many thanks to you, for all the great work you've done for the 55s. I only wish I could drive them better (who said practice makes perfect?) but nevertheless they are the best thing ever!

#32 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostGrandPrixYannick, on Sep 17 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

I don't know if this happened due to this conversion, but Monaco needs a serious fix if something like this happens (or could it also be an online thingy?):

Sorry that it has taken me this long to give a proper reply to GrandPrixYannick's query.

Yes, this is a serious problem with my modded monaco / monacane trk file.  I modded the trk file to remove collision where I had removed (graphically) armco and other barriers.  Something that I did during the edits causes the massive crashes when coming close to the inside barrier at the Gasometer Hairpin.

For now, until I can fix the files, Please DELETE - monaco.t55 and monacane.t55 files.

#33 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 03:46 AM

A couple of points for Monacane.

1. The complete folder version has a small mistake (I think).  The station hairpin options "stand1.3do" is the wrong one?  So for 67 cars you get the Station buildings not just a grandstand.  Monaco folder is correct, 1955 (stand1.355) & 1965 (stand1.365) are the same version/timestamp,   Default (stand1.3do) & 1969 (stand1.369) are the same.  Easy to fix, copy the Monaco stand1.3do to the Monacane folder?

2. Tunnel Lights 3do add on does not work with Monacane?.  NOT a problem caused by the 1955 files but because they required an update to monaco.3do.  Does anyone know if anybody modded monacane.3do to include them?   Or have I missed something/made an install error somewhere?  
Potential clash with tannoy sounds updates of course.

Greg,

I have completed the update of my "trunk" folder installs with your conversion files (I have your complete folders as "branch" installs).  An amazing effort, thank you very much for all that work - 30 tracks wow !!!!  It really adds to the immersion to see all the period changes (I must concentrate more on the driving and less on the scenery, with the subsequent hitting of hay bales).

:clap2:

cheers
webfoot

Edited by webfoot, Mar 11 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#34 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Mar 11 2018 - 06:17 AM

webfoot, thank you for your close examination of my '55 Monaco/Monacane conversion (beta).  Also, you are very kind in your comments.  The '55 conversions vary from almost complete, like Monza 10k, to those that are really just beta and need much more work.  I really was hoping that more community members would add on to what I had started.  But, thank you for your interest.  As with all Mods, I have moved onto the next development project and have been concentrating on that work for the past months.  Of course I enjoy taking a break from time-to-time to revisit previous tracks.  :)

1.)  I will fix the '67 Station Hairpin from station to grandstands. Fixed in Post #1 as Monacane '55 track conversion complete folder v1.2
2.)  Yes, Mark Beckman made monacane without the 3D tunnel lights.  I don't have the knowledge to change that set of graphics.

Edited by gliebzeit, Mar 11 2018 - 06:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links