• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 01 2016 - 05:25 PM

Thank you to all of you guys !!! :)

I hope it helps everybody to trust that GPL is still a great simulation, with a lot of things to do !

I'm just... I don't find the words... grrrr... when I see for exemple that Spa67 has been loaded 4000 times,
I find it wonderful but in the same time I don't understand why there is not two zero more...

Not because I would like to see what I've done more loaded, non non non...

But just because it's seems to me that GPL is still a must ! :shrug: ...

Perhaps I'm too "purist", I don't know, but I remain a little bit surprised...

Fortunately you're there and clearly passionated !!!  ;)       Olé !!! :whip:

#17 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 05:24 AM

Thx for this nice update (and all other updates you have done recently! I have downloaded them all, but I haven`t got around yet to install them)!
And also thx to Ginetto and Greg for further improvments!

For my personal taste the asphalt is a bit to shiny grey, but maybe I am just used to the darker GPLEA upate I am using ( http://srmz.net/inde...7173#entry65855 ).

That aside it looks very good. :up:
Keep the updates coming. :)

Regarding the download numbers of Spa67...
Well, we have to face it, the glory days of GPL are over.
A shame the group of people who enjoys them is getting smaler and smaler. Because the older this game has become the tracks and mods have got better and better.
The track and mod creators have gathered a lot of knowledge and can do things you wouldn`t have dreamed of 5 years ago.

@Fat Rich: Thx for the nice link to the Crystal Palace history and how it looks today.
Btw on the homepage is also a good report of that kind on the Nürburgring Südschleife. ;)

Edited by Stefan Roess, Sep 18 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#18 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Sep 02 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

A shame the group of people who enjoys them is getting smaler and smaler.

Sadly not the case for me. :hippo1:

#19 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Sep 02 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

Thx for this nice update (and all other updates you have done recently!
I have downloaded them all, but I haven`t got around yet to install them)!
And also thx to Ginetto and Greg for further improvments!
For my personal taste the asphalt is a bit to shiny grey, but maybe I am just used to my dark GPLEA upate ( http://srmz.net/inde...7173#entry65855 ).

That aside it looks very good. :up:
Keep the updates coming. :)

Regarding the download numbers of Spa67...
Well, we have to face it, the glory days of GPL are over.
A shame the group of people who enjoys them is getting smaler and smaler.
Because the older this game has become the tracks and mods have got better and better.
The track and mod creators have gathered a lot of knowledge and can do things you wouldn`t have dreamed of 5 years ago.

@Fat Rich: Thx for the nice link to the Crystal Palace history and how it looks today.
Btw on the homepage is also a good report of that kind on the Nürburgring Südschleife. ;)

Thank you for your explanations Stefan... I'm sad to realize the actual situation... And as usual happy to read Fat Rich !!! ;)
I'm sure that all what everybody has done during all these years will be discovered... But later !
I don't know how and when, but I trust as long as the current creators of the others sims are hands bound by the economic war...
GPL will stay for a long time the more realistic driving simulation ever made !!! and in addition with an incredible stability !!!
I don't know for you guys, but personally during 15 years, adding years after years bigger and bigger updates...
GPL has crashed perhaps 5 times...
and it was 5 times my fault...

Regarding the shiny grey asphalt, I used these two lovely video... And It is perhaps effectively too clear... :shrug:
https://youtu.be/bWp-0TuY4Sk
https://youtu.be/IKbi_o086wc

I'm very impatient to discover what will happen !

Best wishes to all of you :wave:

#20 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 08:13 AM

View Postdb312, on Sep 02 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

The 55 F1 mod will happen and more. :D :dont_mention:

Thx for the YouTube vids. I know them, but I haven`t watched them for a very long time.
You are right, in the first video the asphalt looks in deed much lighter.... I will give it a try again.

The last time I have watched them was when we were beta testing the Cortina mod MANY years ago.... :whistling:

#21 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Sep 02 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

View Postdb312, on Sep 02 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

The 55 F1 mod will happen and more. :D :dont_mention:

Thx for the YouTube vids. I know them, but I haven`t watched them for a very long time.
You are right, in the first video the asphalt looks in deed much lighter.... I will give it a try again.

The last time I have watched them was when we were beta testing the Cortina mod MANY years ago.... :whistling:

55mod... :bounce: :bounce: ... 60mod... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ... Elkhart lake... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ... Heart attack...?... :dont_mention:...

I didn't know about a "Cortina Mod"... :blink: ...

And I found this interview from Allison Hines... it seems to be a very fine analysis... :rolleyes:
You can select the language at the bottom on the left side of the page ;)
http://www.grandprix...rsaire-31072008

#22 PHI52

PHI52

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 12:51 PM

Many Thanks Good Job :up: :up: :up:

#23 leslav2012

leslav2012

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Gpl

Posted Sep 02 2016 - 01:43 PM

Cracking upgrades by all..glad the rolling wheatfields of Anerley Hill were eased back! Very many thanks, the old girl lives on!

#24 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography

Posted Sep 03 2016 - 02:16 AM

Thanks db312 for this wonderful update.

We all know of course that the total number of GPL users is slowly dropping away each year. I've been on SRMZ for 3 years and even in that time there has been less and less day to day chat. But I think that for those of us who remain, we are the people who really appreciate just how special GPL is. I loved making my 1968 F2 carset, partially because I wanted to learn more about how GPL worked, partially because I wanted to drive cars with those liveries, but mainly just because I enjoyed doing it. I guess it is the same for other Mod makers.

So to the Modders still out there - GPL is my biggest hobby, the one that the weather cannot spoil, that I can afford to do, and that allows me to taste, just a little, what it was like to race in the wonderful 1960s. Even if there are not many of us left still enjoying your work, don't underestimate how important it is to us. Thanks.

#25 Remy

Remy

Matra boy

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Sep 03 2016 - 04:39 AM

Very nice Denis :thumbup:

Thank you!

Edited by Remy, Sep 03 2016 - 04:39 AM.

#26 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted Sep 03 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostJonnyA, on Sep 03 2016 - 02:16 AM, said:

Thanks db312 for this wonderful update.

We all know of course that the total number of GPL users is slowly dropping away each year. I've been on SRMZ for 3 years and even in that time there has been less and less day to day chat. But I think that for those of us who remain, we are the people who really appreciate just how special GPL is. I loved making my 1968 F2 carset, partially because I wanted to learn more about how GPL worked, partially because I wanted to drive cars with those liveries, but mainly just because I enjoyed doing it. I guess it is the same for other Mod makers.

So to the Modders still out there - GPL is my biggest hobby, the one that the weather cannot spoil, that I can afford to do, and that allows me to taste, just a little, what it was like to race in the wonderful 1960s. Even if there are not many of us left still enjoying your work, don't underestimate how important it is to us. Thanks.

I feel sincerely privileged to meet people passionate as you, and so friendly !

Thank you very much to be so encouraging with me, I feel not so comfortable because like I wrote it several times, I'm unfortunately not a creator (I've made 12 files and a half in the Crystal's add-on which contents 157 files...). Like you, I'm just fascinated by a lot of things with GPL and I try step by step to learn more about it... I realized it helped me a lot to drive when the images were more realistic and I start like this... And I'm just deeply happy if it can helps some of you, that's all ! :)

I hope to meet you on-line too, but... I need some serious stuff... (computer, connection...) and... knowledge ! :unsure:

By the way, thank you to ALL of you for your encouraging posts !!! I keep going :wave:

#27 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Sep 04 2016 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for this amazing update !!! :)

Very Thomas Lachele like with the textures.  Great job. :up:

Edited by davef, Sep 04 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#28 Andy Clegg

Andy Clegg

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Long distance sports car racing. Touring cars.

Posted Sep 05 2016 - 01:31 AM

Hi, An ERA won the first race at Crystal Palace.in 1937.

Attached Files

#29 Andy Clegg

Andy Clegg

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Long distance sports car racing. Touring cars.

Posted Sep 05 2016 - 01:55 AM

A Lister Jaguar won the last race in 1972.

Attached Files

#30 maddog

maddog

Graham Hill

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted Sep 05 2016 - 03:11 AM

Nice factoids and photo's Andy!  The final race must have been an historic event for a Lister to win.  I fixed the colour balance :thumbup:

Attached File  5091601.jpg   71.58K   7 downloads . . . . Attached File  5091601_FIX.jpg   91.4K   11 downloadsAttached File  5091602_FIX.jpg   141.56K   14 downloads . . . . . Attached File  Colour Fix.jpg   137.45K   12 downloads

Edited by maddog, Sep 05 2016 - 03:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links