• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 08:43 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Jun 26 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

I wonder what other tracks don't work. :think:

I remember for me Kyalami would freeze as it was the 1st race I would attempt to run a Championship. It would freeze when I would accelerate time in the practice session.

#17 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,768 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 08:56 AM

I should say that the drvc69.ini that I found wasn't in the Spa67 directory, there wasn't any drvc69.ini in there at all. It was in an optional sub-directory called "1969 AI Driver ini original". Was that part of the 69-Extra mod? I can't remember where that came from. And I've never noticed any freezing anywhere with the 69-Extra mod. Maybe not having the drvc69.ini file present is an advantage in some way?

(Sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so enthusiastic about GPL - I like installing mods/track updates etc, but then I have so much stuff installed I can't remember where it came from! :rolleyes: :D )

#18 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,837 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 11:10 AM

Keith, when I made the various AI for Spa67 my intention was only to go for realism.  Therefore, there was no drvc69.ini or any '69 Mod AI files included.... even in sub-folders.  There were only '65 GP, '67 GP and '67 Sports.  I did not do a '66 GP as I have never installed that mod personally and none of the team requested it.

The method that I use to help (just barely) keep me organized is to have separate installs by mod with many duplicate track installs-by-year.... and starting G.P.L. from exe files.  Of course when preparing projects for release to the community I have to backtrack and make the files appropriate for all users.  ;)

#19 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,768 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 26 2016 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info Greg. :up: It's along time ago, but possibly what happened was that I was thinking of running a 69-Extra race against the AI at the new Spa, and I had seen these drvc69.ini files for other tracks, and thought they might be useful for Spa, so I copied the subdirectories across. However, it looks like I didn't actually copy the drvc69.ini file into the Spa67 directory for some reason, I don't remember why. If those AI files aren't specifically for Spa67, I think I'll just delete them from there. I still have the subdirectories under other tracks (such as Watglen) so I can use them from there if I ever find a reason to do so.

I'm just glad that I don't seem to have found the "freezing" bug that others have. I've run three of the 69-Extra cars at Spa67 with no problems. I'm (slowly) working on a 69-Extra TotalRank with the McLaren M7, but I haven't driven it at Syracuse yet. I might test that track out in the next day or so.

(Of course, if I'm just solo hotlapping, then obviously the numbering of other drivers' cars shouldn't make any difference. I rarely race the AI, so that's probably why I've been lucky.)

Edited by Saiph, Jun 26 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#20 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jun 27 2016 - 04:29 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Jun 26 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

I didn't know that Syracuse freezes with 69x as well. That isn't good news as I hoped the trouble was only with Spa67. I wonder what other tracks don't work. :think:  Does your 69x run at Spa67 Cookie? I am 100% sure my trouble has something to do with the 69x physics.

I do only online racing or single training sessions.
I found that the server went crazy when we had a full grid at Rouen,
pribluda went crazy too showing funny distances and no other drivers at times, the problem was suddenly gone when one of the #12 driver left the server!
I have no problems running 69x at Spa67.

#21 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted Jun 27 2016 - 05:15 AM

Just tested Spa67 and Syracuse with 60fpsaiV1 and 19 AI's, all works fine here ;)
Replays attached

My core.ini settings for Radeon HD7970

[RasterV2]
Device=0
TossBiggestMips=0
MaxMipSize=0
MirrorSize= 0
DirectMirrorRendering= 0
DrawMethod= 1
ZBufferType= 1
AnisotropicFiltering= 16
TrilinearFiltering= 1
LODBias= -75
32Bit=1
Width= 1920
Height= 1080
FogDensity=1000
VSync= 1

[ Replay ]
replayMemoryOverride = 256000

Attached Files

Edited by Cookie, Jun 27 2016 - 05:32 AM.

#22 francesco

francesco

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jun 30 2016 - 11:59 PM

Axel,during the qualification try the accelerated time and report if there is a freeze.

#23 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968

Posted Jul 01 2016 - 06:36 PM

I tried your core.ini settings Cookie but no luck for me. I forgot to mention that Single Race is my only problem. I have now just accepted that Spa67 will not work with 69x. :wall:

Edited by pioujd428, Jul 01 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#24 kunc

kunc

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted Jan 28 2017 - 03:50 PM

Just moved GPL from XP to Windows 10.  All mods working at 36fps with nVidia Inspector settings except the 69x mod (27fps in the pit at Zandvoort).  Changing Ickx's number from 12 to 7 fixed it for me.  Thanks!

#25 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jan 29 2017 - 04:56 AM

I tried Spa67 with the 69-Extra mod and the freeze happens when the first car reaches a specific corner of the Spa67 circuit, about 2:10 minutes from the start finish line. It does not seem to matter if it is accelerated time or real time, if it is practice session one, two or a race. it does not happen on some other circuits. Hope this helps

#26 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted Jan 29 2017 - 06:51 AM

Try to modify in core.ini

[ Replay ]
replayMemoryOverride =  128000 ; go down to 98000