#1 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 29 2016 - 09:38 AM

Paul Ricard is a track with which many racing fans are familiar.  It has been 'banned' by many GPL leagues due to disconnection or freeze problems.

Well, that seems to be fixed.  I've created a small patch that will make the track reliably raceable for online racing.  Download and extract the file to your \\Sierra\GPL\Tracks\ricard folder and it should be good to go.

Both the server and client need to have the patch.  PLEASE - if you run into any other issues, report back here - where on track, what were you doing, what happened, how many other cars (on server, and near yours), etc...

Lou

Attached File  PaulRicard_V1.01.zip   11.97K   63 downloads

#2 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Apr 29 2016 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Lou!

I like this track. It's too flat to my taste but I have lots of memories of real F1 races here, so it's still a must have - especially with this patch :)

#3 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Apr 29 2016 - 06:50 PM

TYVM, Lou.  Looking forward to test.  Been ages since I ran laps in GPL there.  No excuses now!  :)

#4 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted Apr 29 2016 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Lou!!

I really like this track and also have good memories of the single time in which we raced it online! (well... maybe because I hadn't freeze, lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links