• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2016 - 04:24 PM

I have lumped all these questions into one thread.I think I should know them already but for someone reason I am unsure!

Q1- At present in my gpl install(no mods) I use two control ini's which I swap in and out(Pad &Wheel).This question is for both controls, although mainly for the game pad, as at moment, due to circumstances, I am using my game pad more.Regarding the clutch on the pad, I have fixed it to a button(not brilliant)but for realism (not sure if this was real in the 60's) you can't stall the car when releasing the clutch.Is this possible or not in the control method?

Q2- On the pad I press the left and right stick pads down to look left and right but I would like to move the right stick (left and right) to view to the side of the car etc.Unfortunately this doesn't work.The pad and it's right stick move in the calibration scale when calibrating but won't let me use the latter to look left and right?

Q3- When playing the 67 Historic mods(V1/2) can you move tracks in and out of GEM to change your season(bit like a career mode) So for instance instead of having the South African GP at Kyalami,you can have it at East London for one year etc?

Thanks for any help and advice.

TP:   :hat-tip:

Edited by twinpotter, Feb 21 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#2 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 21 2016 - 04:59 PM

View Posttwinpotter, on Feb 21 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Q1- At present in my gpl install(no mods) I use two control ini's which I swap in and out(Pad &Wheel).This question is for both controls, although mainly for the game pad, as at moment, due to circumstances, I am using my game pad more.Regarding the clutch on the pad, I have fixed it to a button(not brilliant)but for realism (not sure if this was real in the 60's) you can't stall the car when releasing the clutch.Is this possible or not in the control method?

You cannot stall the car as otherwise you would have no option to start it back. GPL does not have ignition and starter functions, so stall was not implemented, as far as I know.

Q2- On the pad I press the left and right stick pads down to look left and right but I would like to move the right stick (left and right) to view to the side of the car etc.Unfortunately this doesn't work.The pad and it's right stick move in the calibration scale when calibrating but won't let me use the latter to look left and right?

Unfortunately no. I asked the same time ago and Bob told me that it wasn't possible. It should be doable through GPLShift though, if you set the look right/left to your stick's axis and have him fooled or tricked into believe it is some sort of TrackIR. However, it was a mess to make it work and eventually I gave up, sorry.

#3 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Feb 21 2016 - 05:55 PM

AAH Sugar :run_over:  Never thought of the start back up process.Was thinking like a brick short of a load :hithead:
Just managed Leon though to sort the look to the side issue.Again realized it when I posted the thread and it works.
Using Xpadder or some kind of pad/KB emulator.Set my look left in GPL control to Z/X (could be any KB control) and then mapped Z/X to my pad with Xpadder.It works.Now I can look left/right with flicking R-Stick l/r :clap:

Thanks Leon for your help.

TP:  :hat-tip:

#4 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside

Posted Feb 21 2016 - 06:35 PM

Thank you for sharing the look left/right solution for pad users ;)

#5 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Feb 21 2016 - 06:45 PM

I am using a Xbox pc pad. X-Padder also recognisers my Logitech pad too.
Other emulators there is Joy to key.Some others maybe too ?

TP:

#6 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Feb 23 2016 - 06:44 AM

Q3- When playing the 67 Historic mods(V1/2) can you move tracks in and out of GEM to change your season(bit like a career mode) So for instance instead of having the South African GP at Kyalami,you can have it at East London for one year etc?

you can create through gem (season button) as many seasons as you need. So for instance a 63 season with kyalami and a 64 season with eastlondon.

hope it helps

Ez

#7 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Feb 23 2016 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for that EZ :D

I am doing my own career type seasons with just 67 season. So each year a predetermined factor will determine whether the following year a GP will change.But they will match so Riems,Charade or Rouen could replace Bugatti. East London replace Kyalami.Stjovite replace mosport.Oscar Galves replace mexico etc. I will not replace such as the ring or Monaco. I know it's not realistic but I just fancied a little bit of a twist. :think:

TP:

#8 Clippy

Clippy

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:GPL, P&G, and anything relating too.....

Posted Feb 23 2016 - 05:15 PM

I also use a gamepad (Thrustmaster Dual Analogue) it's like a PS pad. Never had any problems using auto clutch, still have to kill the revs on upchange. I don't feel disadvantaged using this setup. Give it a try, I don't feel it's 'cheating' in any way. This game is hard enough with a wheel, I feel I have to try harder with a pad as I don't have the definition or force feedback I would get with a wheel.

#9 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Feb 24 2016 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Clippy for the clutch info.Will have a look and an experiment with that !

TP:  :hat-tip:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links