mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 08 2016 - 12:39 PM

Hello everybody

As probably noted, all the carsets of the 1967 Historic Mod v2 (or 1967x mod) by default save your laptimes to the same file (plax67.ini) and the ID of each slot is the same for each carset. Therefore, if you drive the carset1 and after that you use cars of the carset7 (which are faster), the latter laptimes will overwrite the former, just for being faster. Also, for example, the laptimes of the McLaren M5A or the Lotus49 of the latest carsets will overwrite those of the McLaren M4B and Lotus43, which uses the same slot in different carsets.

This may be easily fixed saving times of each carset in different files. I asked Chris for doing that, and he very kindly modified the cst files to save the laptimes in the files pla167.ini to pla767.ini depending the carset.

This allows the new mod to be ready to hotlap and to be added in GPLRank and CRank

Installation: Just unzip the GPL folder in your install of GPL. This will overwrite the cst files which came with the 1967x mod. If you want to preserve them, change their names in /gpl/mods/gem+

Note. These cst files also change the extensions of the setup files. These extensions started with "l" and now start with "k", to prevent confusions with setups of other mods (.lo1 is for the lotus, for example).

Thanks Chris and all modders involved in this great mod!!

Cheers, Marcos.

Attached Files

#2 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,469 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Feb 08 2016 - 06:02 PM

That 's a key contribution to this Carset, that is still a new experience for manys .Bright idea, it will bring more attendance for hot lapping with those new physics, and certainly will bring more out of the shadow the GPL 67 V 2.0

Thousand thanks

Edited by M Needforspeed, Feb 09 2016 - 04:30 AM.

#3 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted Feb 08 2016 - 09:18 PM

I hope this incentivates people to take this mod as GPL 2.0, as you say !

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 10 2016 - 09:24 AM

mcmirande and Chris, this is an excellent improvement to the mod! As I'm normally a hotlapper, I was reluctant to install the historical mod v2 in case it somehow interfered with any of my old lap records. And having read some of the posts in the mod thread, I wasn't sure I could use all the new and improved cars in solo mode. But after reading this thread, I took the plunge and decided to install, and I'm glad I did. Now that the mod saves laptimes in separate player files for each car set, it's easier to keep track of which type of car was used to record a particular laptime. And I've set up a new player name for the new mod so that I can record my new laptimes separately from my old 67 times.

I've tried a few laps so far with the Brabham BT19/20, BT11, and the BRM P83 and P261, and they are fantastic. I'm looking forward to trying the other cars in the near future. I've also checked that laptimes are saved properly if you drive the news cars at non-historical tracks, and that seems to work fine, so I'm going to be using them at all my favourite tracks (Brno, Dundrod, Isle of Man etc) as soon as I can find the time.  :-)

Thanks for a great mod Chris (and all who helped him). :up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links