- - - - -

Charade 70 Lite addon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steffen W - guest

Steffen W - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 13 2005 - 07:12 PM

Tidying up my HD I compiled some files i made for Charade70 back then, its mostly a patch to make a 4bit version of this track and reclassify some 3dos to help fps and get things to work in the graphics menu.

Thus it helps on fps by 1st liter textures, 2nd an acceptably looking 16bit LowRes horizon which is as lite as a 4bit horizon and 3rd by the reclassified 3dos, which allow you to switch off Tracksideobjects and Horizontextures in the mirrors, or even in cockpit view via the GPL Graphics Menu.

Steffen W

SW_Charade70_LiteAddon.zip

#2 Quattro

Quattro

Canadian Misfit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts
  • Interests:Cars/Antiques/Woodwork/AUDI<br />And his Sweetheart Robin
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 13 2005 - 08:03 PM

Steffen it's great to see you here and many thanks for sharing your work with us mate !
So again Welcome to The Zone
Cheers Quattro :cheers:  :thumbup:

#3 Steffen W - guest

Steffen W - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 13 2005 - 08:16 PM

Quattro, on Jan 14 2005, 03:03 AM, said:

Steffen it's great to see you here and many thanks for sharing your work with us mate !
So again Welcome to The Zone
Cheers Quattro :cheers:  :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks quattro, i was surprised myself that after all those years of GPL i was asked to register before posting here ... but somehow nice beeing a newbie again :), in fact i didnt visit this nice institute called mirror zone often before, strange, isnt it.

:wave:

#4 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 14 2005 - 07:52 AM

Gosh, you really are cleaning out your h/d. Thanks for posting and bringing all these goodies :thumbup:

#5 Steffen W - guest

Steffen W - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 14 2005 - 08:13 AM

dangermouse, on Jan 14 2005, 02:52 PM, said:

Gosh, you really are cleaning out your h/d. Thanks for posting and bringing all these goodies :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, 2 other tracks to follow ............  , its getting tidier here :)

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:1.Out under dark,steady skies with my telescope
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 19 2010 - 11:05 PM

This track has always been one of my favorites,the kind I just want to do lap after lap on. I've run the excellent default track textures through Winmip and now Charad runs like a scalded cat on my computer. A few other different textures thrown in. The included Repository horizon isn't correct but neither is the default sky. This one looks a lot better.

Attached Files

#7 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

• Members
  • 1,553 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 20 2010 - 12:57 AM

honestly, i have to see if the textures make a difference, but i prefer the gplea clermont over this one any day. the thing with those two is. i keep wondering which one is the more accurate one. i tend to think it's the other one, with the pretty horizon and all. but the altitude changes and general layout in this just feel weird. i wouldn't go so far as to claim i hate this track, but surely it isn't a love affair either. more like mutual contempt / dislike for each other. i don't like the track and it in turn doesn't love me back by giving me bad laptimes, no matter what i do or what i drive :D

now an update like what jason had started for the other clermont.. that would be something i'd really appreciate ,)

#8 Kenny

Kenny

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:1.Out under dark,steady skies with my telescope
    2.GPL
    3.SPMBT
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 20 2010 - 02:05 PM

I don't think it fair to compare the 2 tracks,Charad70 was pretty much a one man effort AFAIK and a terrific effort at that. From the small size of the actual update I think it lacked very little. There is a place for every GPL track in a particular individual's track folder. This track gives a great frame rate and has very good A-I. Even an older computer with a Voodoo card can now handle this one easily. :2c:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links