qwertyce

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 10 2014 - 03:26 AM

I don't understand why rear wheel rate is almost the same of front (front 73 lbs/in, rear 75) while if I change it in setup manager with proportional springs on I see 73-110, so a weight distribution 34%-66%

but setup manager has 73-110 for all cars, so or all formula 2 cars have this strange formula 1 like weight dristribution, or just feature "proportional springs" isn't working for formula 2, I'm inclined towards second

have all formula 2 cars a weight distribution 50% - 50 % (by lighter engine respect to formula 1) ? also ferrari 166? (it's the only with V6)

Edited by qwertyce, Sep 10 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#2 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 07:23 AM

I started out with the default settings with just a few tweaks to steering ratio, fuel and brake bias. They seem pretty good setups but as I balanced the car to my liking they seem to have become closer to the values Setup Manager is suggesting.

I've read somewhere on this forum that some people copy their 65 mod setups over to the 67 F2s, I seem to have ended up with something pretty similar just by tinkering with both.

The smaller engines are probably lighter than the V8s and V12s used in other F1 mods, but I'd be surprised if they're 50/50 weight distribution. Unless I was driving the car ;)

I guess try some setups at 50/50 and 34/66 and see what works for you.

#3 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 07:42 AM

View Postqwertyce, on Sep 10 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

I don't understand why rear wheel rate is almost the same of front (front 73 lbs/in, rear 75) while if I change it in setup manager with proportional springs on I see 73-110, so a weight distribution 34%-66%

but setup manager has 73-110 for all cars, so or all formula 2 cars have this strange formula 1 like weight dristribution, or just feature "proportional springs" isn't working for formula 2, I'm inclined towards second

have all formula 2 cars a weight distribution 50% - 50 % (by lighter engine respect to formula 1) ? also ferrari 166? (it's the only with V6)

The '67 F2 cars have weight distributions of 58% to 61%.  Setup Manager uses a nominal 60% for all F2s so with a 73# front spring, the rear spring should be 110# with proportional springs selected.

It's working OK.

#4 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 07:53 AM

The default setups are very stable also for beginning drivers. Personally I use generally 56-58% to the rear for my F2 setups.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links