JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 02:53 PM

This is a set of files to allow you to take part in every 1967 F2 race against the historical driver line-up. Due to the limited number of  car slots some of the drivers are not using the correct cars, for example there is no model for the Alexis and so these drivers use the Cooper. (I have not included Formula Libre races where F2 cars took part, nor F3 cars that took part in some F2 races.)

Included is a seperate drivF2.ini for each race in the 1967 F2 calendar. When you come to do a race, use this to over-write the drivF2.ini file in your Sierra/GPL folder or place each one in the appropriate track folder.

A copy of the original drivF2.ini is included, called 'drivF2 [VANILLA].ini'. If you want to revert to the original drivers, rename this file to drivF2.ini and place it in Sierra/GPL. You will have to delete any drivF2.ini files you placed in individual track folders as these are
used first if available.

Extract the contents of the 'layout' folder into your Sierra/GPL/layout folder to include new driver pictures. I have not been able to find period photos of some of the drivers - these use the 'driver.pbf' picture.

I have not made any new skins and some of the cars will not display numbers during races, sorry.

The drivF2.ini file for the GP de Rouen assumes you have already installed gliebzeit's add-on for the Ferrari 166 driven by Jonathan Williams at this race. If not go to http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=8333 for this update.

Also included is a new F2SEASON.ini file that includes all the new races, with the correct number of laps (for  events with two-part finals I have combined the total  number of laps). Copy this file into Sierra/GPL/seasons to use it.

Two historic tracks are not available in GPL:
I have used the Nordschleife in place of the Sudschleife.
I have used Anderstorp in place of Karlskoga.
Having Hockenheim in the F2SEASON.ini twice appears to confuse GPL so it is better to select the tracks in Gem+.

Note that the GP de Rouen and the Deutschland Trophae were held on the same date and so strictly speaking you should have to chose between them!

Please let me know if you find any problems or can suggest any improvements.

EDIT: Like an idiot I had missed the drivF2.ini files from the original attachment - now corrected.

Attached Files

Edited by JonnyA, Aug 22 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#2 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 09:35 AM

I testing Rouen ...is good and I can see Jonathan Williams.
Posted Image
place these files inside the folder  Ferrari... modF2

Attached Files

#3 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Sep 02 2014 - 04:04 PM

Jonny'o, kinda like this..... right?

http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=8333

#4 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 03 2014 - 08:33 PM

:up:

#5 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Rugby

Posted Oct 09 2014 - 04:09 PM

JonnyA, many thanks for this update I notice you mention the Rouen/Ferrari update, in this I notice different drivF2 files are provided for the 'original pits' and 'historical narrow pits', I assume yours are for the 'original pits' do you know what needs to change if I am using the 'historical narrow pits' ?. :up:

#6 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts

Posted Oct 09 2014 - 10:33 PM

Brian, this is the Historical Rouen track update that introduced the "narrow pitlane".

http://srmz.net/inde...uen +historical

#7 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted Oct 10 2014 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Greg, I have a v1.1 historical track, but maybe missed this 'update'. I am curious what changes in the drivF2 between the two versions as implied in the Ferrari Dino update ?.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,907 posts

Posted Oct 10 2014 - 10:55 AM

Brian, I do not know what is changed in the drivF2(ini) file for this topic update.

But if you follow the link from my post #3 you will find the addition of the Ferrari Dino/J. Williams at ONLY the Rouen race event.  This is accomplished by having a unique drivF2 and trackF2 to place in the Rouen track folder.... thus, the original F2 Mod drivF2 in the root GPL folder remains the same (without the Ferrari Dino).

#9 Brian Speake

Brian Speake

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted Oct 13 2014 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Greg, I confused myself, there is only one drivF2.ini but two trackF2.ini files to go in with appropriate pits. :hithead:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links