- - - - -

Car Cam Files For All Mods (How I Did It)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 longhairedguy

longhairedguy

racing fool!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:I love sim racing!!!
    of course other thing like camping, fishing, working on my 87 firebird, motor head stuffs.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postgabuck, on Jun 24 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

In the past I've used a tool called CarCam Edit to modify the camera perspectives of the car.

Since the car set mods I can only get it to work on the 67 car sets as it can't locate a *.Cam file in the other car sets. Is there any alternative tool which might work on 65, 66,67,69 and GT mods?

Geoff

Ok, so I know this topic is outdated but I thought I should post this here as the topic was already started here. I dont know if geoff got his camera files, and I didn't know you could extract them from the .data files in the car folders. This is what i did, I made copies of all the cars .cam files from the 67 car folders and place them in the coresponding mods (65,66,69) car folders. For the 66 mod, I cross referenced the c07 to c18 car pics with the ones in gem+ and in that way, found out what the car make was and then copied that make of the cars .cam file into the folder. next I renamed the .cam file to corespond with all the "c" car folders. (ex: c07 folder should have the .cam file renamed to c07 in order for every camera angle to show up in the game.) I did this for all the cars in the 66 mod folder. the result is a .cam file in every car folder that you can now modify to your own needs for every mod. hope this is helpfull for anyone out there.

Will

#2 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 12:30 PM

thanks for the instructions Will ~

#3 longhairedguy

longhairedguy

racing fool!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:I love sim racing!!!
    of course other thing like camping, fishing, working on my 87 firebird, motor head stuffs.

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 03:13 PM

sure, i just hope it helps some people out there in this awsome GPL community.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links