Amazing!  I am installing now ... thanks so much guys! :bowdown2:

#32 DLogan

DLogan

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 11:44 AM

Having a problem with the gplworld.eu site in Chrome (v. 35.0.1916.114 m), I only see the top left portion of the image (everything below the "About" tab is cut off and inaccessible).

So fired up Internet Exploder (for the first time in five years), gah hork ptoooie still suxors mega, but it worked.

Might be related to problem I have with OGLv2 in GPL, only see top left portion of start-up screen, so buttons not available...

Anyways, thanks for this! :)

#33 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Grand Prix racing in the 60s.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2014 - 11:58 AM

This is a superb update. Many thanks to all the team for your hard work. The historical add-on is the icing on an already delicious cake...

:bravo:

#34 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 09:25 AM

Thanks to everyone involved looks great.  You can tell a lot of thought, research and hard work went into the add on.

I gave it a vey quick test and I have noticed one small problem.  With the new Ai at Pacific Raceways 67, the AI cars crawl round very slowly. Affects both Can-Am and 67 cars.  Reverted back to the pre-add on Ai and it was "back to normal".  All other tracks seemed ok.

A problem with my set up/install?  Anybody else noticed this problem?

Edited by webfoot, Jun 01 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#35 Josef Paul

Josef Paul

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 10:16 AM

WOW!

I just installed the update and watched some replays. Amazing work. The Lola 222 is the best looking car in GPL right now, I think. Really lovely update, guys. Thanks again.

#36 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 785 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostDLogan, on May 31 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Having a problem with the gplworld.eu site in Chrome (v. 35.0.1916.114 m), I only see the top left portion of the image (everything below the "About" tab is cut off and inaccessible).

So fired up Internet Exploder (for the first time in five years), gah hork ptoooie still suxors mega, but it worked.

Might be related to problem I have with OGLv2 in GPL, only see top left portion of start-up screen, so buttons not available...

Anyways, thanks for this! :)

I occasionally run into sites which Firefox "displays" as a blank white page, while the status bar shows "done";  IE (so slow and creaky I wish I could delete it) displays these pages normally.  Queries to Mozilla about this have produced either generic responses or technobabble.

And some sites, which function completely in IE, will merely display in Firefox.  (I discovered this while babysitting a neighbor's kids;  they wanted to play some games on a Disney site, I learned Disney's sites/games only work in IE.)

I believe this is, at least in part, due to IE using ActiveX while most other browsers use java.

#37 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the update, the cars look stunning.

One tiny thing though, why are there text files in all the track folders which are also in the repository folder. Maybe its just me but I like my subfolders uncluttered. Sticking them all in a separate folder is fine but I hate to hunt them down in each subfolder(Not that I wouldn't do that anyway, but that's just me ;-) ).

View Postdede-driver, on May 28 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

But I get something wrong during my install. Am I the only one to have stange needles positions in my McLaren M8 B/C cockpit?

I can't find my mistake in my install process. :wall:

No I had the same problem. In fact all of the AI M8B/C/Es had the same issues. Solved it the same way you did.
Might be something wrong with the default files in the update if more have the same issue.

#38 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted Jun 02 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostMichkov, on Jun 01 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Thanks for the update, the cars look stunning.

One tiny thing though, why are there text files in all the track folders which are also in the repository folder. Maybe its just me but I like my subfolders uncluttered. Sticking them all in a separate folder is fine but I hate to hunt them down in each subfolder(Not that I wouldn't do that anyway, but that's just me ;-) ).

View Postdede-driver, on May 28 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

But I get something wrong during my install. Am I the only one to have stange needles positions in my McLaren M8 B/C cockpit?

I can't find my mistake in my install process. :wall:

No I had the same problem. In fact all of the AI M8B/C/Es had the same issues. Solved it the same way you did.
Might be something wrong with the default files in the update if more have the same issue.

Track specific Add-on ReadMe are repeated in the Repository and in the track folders, to double the chance to get read either as a collection or in the place where they apply. What to do with them after is up to you. ;)

There is not any mistake in the default brabham folder nor in the player driving options M8B/M8C. The default choice contained in the brabham.dat is the M8B (winged car) with its cockpit. If you like to drive the M8C (car w/o wing) with its specific cockpit, you copy and paste both files provided in the M8C option folder into the main brabham folder. If you like to return to the M8B, either you delete both loose files BRA35.3do and Brabham.3do, or you replace both of them with those included in the M8B option folder.  What I guess, you and Dede might have done, was to place or replace only one of them, mismatching therefore the combination car/cockpit. Luckily you solved it already but I hope this clarifies. :)

#39 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 07:43 AM

Great work!  It's a really nice upgrade.  Thank you for team for all your hard work.

#40 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 09:14 AM

Great job!  A tip of the hat and my thanks to the team.  But...

Have I missed something?  I checked the Shadow folders and did not see an option to run the little devil in white-coloured livery.  Is that not doable?

#41 silence

silence

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostManfred Cubenoggin, on Jun 05 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Great job!  A tip of the hat and my thanks to the team.  But...

Have I missed something?  I checked the Shadow folders and did not see an option to run the little devil in white-coloured livery.  Is that not doable?

Of course! :)

P.S.:If there's interest, I can prepare an option folder.

Attached Files

Edited by silence, Jun 05 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#42 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 01:33 PM

Great job, Chris!!  Thanks, buddy!  :)

#43 GORDON_S

GORDON_S

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 232 posts

Posted Jun 08 2014 - 09:27 AM

What an update! Thanks to everyone involved. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

I expected some historic liveries - but this is much more, almost a v2 of the 71mod. Couldn't stop watching all the beauties on a full 20-car grid at Watkins71.

Gordon

#44 Clutch

Clutch

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 05:58 AM

Same comments as those above from me. This update is fantastic. great attention to detail. Looks fantastic.

Well done to all involved.

I have the same problem as some others in that the needles are in the wrong position for the McLaren, so will try to adjust the files as described by G.Spinning above. I'm not the best with these sorts of things but will have a go. I think the install instructions say to merge the entire download into your GPL directory, which i did, but obviously there are some slight changes to make for the McLaren after the Install, but thats fine by me - not a problem. (Apologies if i've misunderstood)

Once again though, brilliant work as others have said - very impressed. Many Thanks

#45 davep67

davep67

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing! VRC racing. R/C car racing

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 06:21 PM

Love the Mod!!!  Thanks so much!!    Only problem for me.   I did the base install then tried to install the historical add-on.  Now when I try to run, none of the tracks load.  Not sure what happened?  any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave :up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links