• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostGinetto, on Oct 04 2010 - 11:57 AM, said:

Mugello 62 km. is just a ribbon in the nowhere, super alpha stage and I don't think it will see the light from my side, too much work, similar to Targa which has destroyed me Posted Image

Mugello would be a great track to have. I suspect it may never be made unless more people get interested in GPL. I hope Pescara is finished though. I love driving Italian tracks. They're my favorites.

If Pescara requires you to destroy yourself Ginetto, I hope it is never made. Often when I read your comments it makes me think I need to learn how to build tracks. I got frustrated trying to build a track so I set it aside months ago. I'll get back to my studying and work so maybe I can produce something in the future and try to help you if I can. If I can learn more I'd love to help with Pescara.

I was looking at Google Maps. It appears most of the old Mugello circuit is still intact? Am I correct? If I am correct, it makes me think with some new blood in the GPL community that it might still be a possibility in the future. With the work that you and the others have done in the past, it makes me think we should never ask any more of you guys. Thanks for all your efforts.

#42 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,829 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostJMF, on Oct 09 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I was looking at Google Maps. It appears most of the old Mugello circuit is still intact? Am I correct? If I am correct, it makes me think with some new blood in the GPL community that it might still be a possibility in the future. With the work that you and the others have done in the past, it makes me think we should never ask any more of you guys. Thanks for all your efforts.
Yes it is, I also did a lap in the car and took a video of it a few years ago.
Only part missing is a couple of kilometers before to get to San Piero a Sieve; there is a lake now where it used to be the road. For the rest is all there. :)

Edited by Ginetto, Oct 10 2012 - 04:55 AM.

#43 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,068 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ginetto said: "Only part missing is a couple of kilometers before to get to San Piero a Sieve; there is a lake now where it used to be the road. "

So, we can count on a 'Ferrari F1 Submarine' to come out at the same time as this circuit.   :man-on-ice:

:whistling:

Edited by gliebzeit, Oct 10 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#44 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostGinetto, on Oct 08 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Federico, the original creator of the project,  asked for  the builds files back some time ago since he had the willing to proceed with the develope.
I gave him everything and didn't hear back since. I hope he's fine at least :unsure:

Hey Ginetto, can you give me the build files? I'd like to try to work on this track. I would be good practice and help me learn more about building tracks. Maybe I can help get it to beta stage at least. It's disappointing there isn't at least a beta. Without a gtk I can't even make an actual pit lane. Even Sergio's Alpha gtk would give me something to do. Thanks for any help.

Edited by JMF, Feb 21 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#45 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,829 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 06:26 AM

Federico has them and is his project. I work on them for a while but then passed everything back to him.
Is already in beta stage; the villages are perfect. He's a local and he's taking real pictures of all the buildings and particular objects. :)

#46 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 01:31 PM

Sounds good! Is he still working on it, or didn't you hear anything back from him ever again, Ginetto?

On a bit different note and what I've been wondering for awhile: did you go to Sicilia yourself while building the Targa Florio? I ask because it's a huge track but still nothing seems out of place, as if you really knew exactly what tree and stone wall to place where.

#47 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,829 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 01:41 PM

We worked as a big team for Targa Florio; 2 locals took videos and pictures of the whole track.
I've heard from Federico not long ago and he is well and still working on Pescara, maybe we will form a team and push it to the finish line.

Edited by Ginetto, Feb 22 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#48 Royale

Royale

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it.

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 03:20 PM

Very cool !

#49 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostGinetto, on Feb 22 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

We worked as a big team for Targa Florio; 2 locals took videos and pictures of the whole track.
I've heard from Federico not long ago and he is well and still working on Pescara, maybe we will form a team and push it to the finish line.
Thanks for the info on both!

Good to hear Federico is well and the track is still being worked on. Would be great to have another epic track for Grand Prix Legends, we already have so very many!

#50 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 299 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostGinetto, on Feb 22 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

form a team and push it to the finish line.

If there's anything an amateur like me can do let me know.

I appreciate the quick reply to my question. I've been driving this track some lately and I continually think a few trees here and there, some simple buildings, some curbs, and an actual pit lane lane would greatly increase the driving satisfaction and make it much easier to memorize. With what little I know I could make it more enjoyable to drive than what us plebes have now. I don't know if I ever can learn to do anything as nice as the pictures previously posted in this topic but it would good to have some more objects than what's in the alpha just for driving.

I hope "perfect hasn't become the enemy of good" on this track. The previews are excellent but I'd be satisfied with curbs, guardrails, better horizons, and brake markers to make the driving experience more realistic even if it's not authentic.

Thanks Ginetto for all the info and all the work you've done on the various tracks. Italy is my favorite place to race GPL.

#51 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 299 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostMiguelito, on Feb 22 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

another epic track for Grand Prix Legends, we already have so very many!

Yes! If it's completed to the standards in the previews it definitely would be EPIC!

#52 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostGinetto, on Oct 10 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Yes it is, I also did a lap in the car and took a video of it a few years ago.
Only part missing is a couple of kilometers before to get to San Piero a Sieve; there is a lake now where it used to be the road. For the rest is all there. :)

Maybe italians love for naturals tracks was to pay respect for what was, is and will stay easily the All Time King Of All Tracks for the All Time Greatest Grande Epreuve, THE Mille Miglia(1) , always standing behind them on his impressive shadow.  I am biased !!??

(1) In its various layouts.

Here F3 racers around San Piero A Sieve section .Part of the track was in use as a Italian Formula 3 round  in 67.
http://www.formula2.net/F367_E35.htm

Sad things is two of the drivers pictured here, Tiger Perdomi and Geki Russo wld soon be victims of the Caserta crash (and Beat Fehr), another small city natural round. 1967 / the year of GPL, but what a cruel one ! Enzo Ferrari had a look on Geki performances to join one day the Ferrari F1 team

Then, I think San Piero a Sieve was regarded by the Italian governing body running Racing organization as too unsafe ! Oh, how I wld have been there, to see  young F3 racers fighting through the mountain and the streets !!!

Attached Files

Edited by M Needforspeed, Feb 23 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#53 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 06:38 AM

Is that a smaller version of the long Mugello track? I had no idea...

#54 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostMiguelito, on Feb 23 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Is that a smaller version of the long Mugello track? I had no idea...

the track map is on the link .You can see a very very short section the Mugello track was used I think

Edited by M Needforspeed, Feb 23 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#55 sergioloro

sergioloro

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 299 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 02:34 PM

i hope to finish San Piero and Sieve circuit before 2014.... ginetto made a fantastic job with the layout and i was building rest of track until a lot of stuff start to show up and stop me to work with GPL.

#56 Clutch

Clutch

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 05:02 PM

Great to hear the Pescara track still has a chance of being released in the future - thanks for the update Ginetto.

I've been following this thread about this track for a number of years (as you can see previously) and hope one day this amazing track gets a release for the number one sim - GPL.

I look forward to really opening up the throttle on those 2 long straights! I'm sure it would become an instant GPL classic.

#57 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 09:08 PM

And i'm happy to read that sergio is still working im gpl tracks!

#58 MrDarkSide

MrDarkSide

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:-

Posted Nov 29 2013 - 05:04 AM

:bump2:

#59 Michail

Michail

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 02:54 AM

Good afternoon.
What progress?
What's the news?

#60 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'm sick wait for this track  :unwell: ..... I think I will be hospitalized
these days :faint: ........ the only medicine is able to download from Pescara. :nervsmile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links