Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Historic Formula 1
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 06:29 AM

Hi all,

Yesterday I found out that my player.ini file is not capturing any laptimes from other tracks beyond the 11 GPL original ones. Shouldn't do it? What can be wrong?

Thank you.
Pedro

Note: one thing I did with the file after reinstalling GPL a few months ago was a copy/paste of my old laptimes from GPL Rank into the player.ini file (this procedure), as I lost my old GPL installation. Could this action be related?

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 11:14 AM

It's because you don't use patch 1.3 (I think you are talking about F1'67 cars). Without this patch game saves lap times only for 11 tracks. If you have this patch then reason could be that you ar running gpl.exe instead of gplc67.exe. In this case gpl.exe will erase all other laps information except for original 11 tracks from player.ini.

#3 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 12:23 PM

Thank you, Pavel, for your help. I'm using the french demo 2013. Does this demo has the patch 1.3? How can I check it?

#4 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 01:38 PM

I'm sure demo doesn't use patch 1.3.

#5 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 01:44 PM

Ok, where can I find that patch? Do you know if it's safe to install it in this demo 2013?

#6 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 20 2018 - 03:14 PM

There you go http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=4875. To check if the patch works see if you can run Targa Spa67 or Tandil.

It should be safe to install and if it screws up the install all the settings and times arn't changed AFAIK

#7 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Apr 21 2018 - 06:20 AM

View PostPavel, on Apr 20 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

could be that you are running gpl.exe instead of gplc67.exe. In this case gpl.exe will erase all other laps information except for original 11 tracks from player.ini.

That's important to remember for anybody interested in saving their lap times. I wiped my lap times a few times by running gpl.exe. It took me a little while to realize what I was doing. Thanks for reminding everybody, Pavel.

#8 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 21 2018 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for the link of the patch 1.3, Michkov.

In the installation notes it's referred to update the GEM version. I think that I already have the "2.5.32." version referred (see first screenshot).

About the question of running gpl.exe instead of gplc67.exe, I think it's not the case. I don't know how to check that, but looking at my gpl folder I see that the gplc67.exe was last modified today (second screenshot) and gpl.exe don't.

So, I assume that I only need to do this:

"1/ Run the 67 Patch installer.
Check the install path. The default install path is C:\Sierra\GPL.

2/Remove the gplc67.exe from your gpl folder.

3/Start Gem+ and hit the gpl button or exit Gem+ to create a new patched gplc67.exe"

Anyone confirms?

Thank's
pedro

Attached Files

Edited by Pedro L Ramalho, Apr 21 2018 - 10:29 AM.

#9 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted Apr 21 2018 - 02:26 PM

GPL is the original exe, that one never gets modified. GPLc67 is the v1.3 that launches when you start GPL via GEM once the patch it applied. You should find the GEM version number on the small loadscreen on startup.

#10 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 21 2018 - 03:16 PM

Thank you Michkov; yes looking at the small loadscreen I see that it's the 2.5.32 version (see new screenshot).
So, do you think that all I have to do to install the patch 1.3 is what I refered in  the last post?

Attached Files

#11 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted Apr 21 2018 - 05:03 PM

Yes just run through the points, from the first one past the GEM version check, in the thread above. As mentioned before best way to see if the patch works is trying to run Spa67 or Targa.

#12 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 23 2018 - 08:09 AM

Ok, the instalattion of the patch was done sucessfully, I think. And now the player.ini file really captures the times of the other tracks beyond the 11 original ones.

Until now, I just noticed two minor problems:

1) The calculation of the fuel consumption in the setup of the car it's different, and less accurate, it seems. My last setup was for 5 laps at Reims (which was enough for 5,5 laps, and therefore correct) and now the sutup shows the same amount of fuel and indicates that it's for 4 laps. Whith bigger ammounts of fuel, bigger error.

2) I lost my previous Michael Turner painting that I had in the GPL main menu image, downloaded from the f1legends website, and pasting it in the layout folder as before doesn't restore it as it should.

Thank you Pavel and Michkov for your help in this issue.
Pedro

Edited by Pedro L Ramalho, Apr 23 2018 - 09:56 AM.

#13 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Apr 23 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostPedro L Ramalho, on Apr 23 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

1) The calculation of the fuel consuption in the setup of the car it's different, and less accurate, it seems.

It gets worse with some of the mods. I use English units. Say, I cross the starting line when the fuel reading changes from 4.5 to 4.4 gallons. I then watch where it reduces by 0.1 gallons on the next lap at the same place on the track and continue checking each lap afterwards. The 67's setup menu is usually close but the setup menu in 69x will have you loading noticeably more fuel than you need.

#14 Pedro L Ramalho

Pedro L Ramalho

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted Apr 23 2018 - 10:00 AM

JMF, I guess that with this patch installed we have to test the fuel consumption and make our own calculation. Without this patch, the number of laps estimation were pretty accurate, in my oppinion.

#15 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted Apr 23 2018 - 02:52 PM

Forget the internal fuel prediction, it's too conservative. You're going to have to practice anyway just note fuel used per laps run and you have a better fuel number. Metric is a better system for that since the gradations are smaller. On the positive side you're never going to run out of fuel if you listen to GPLs prediction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links