- - - - -

Crashing On The Monza Banking (Not In The Fun Way) - Gpl.exe Has Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport history, First World War Aircraft, bad Science Fiction and Curry.
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 13 2017 - 05:05 AM

Hey Guys,

I wonder if any of you help me with an infuriating technical problem.  I've just installed the '55 mod and I'm trying to get used to these beasts.  I thought I'd race a Grand Prix at the Monza 10k.  Anyway, I lost it under breaking at Parabolica and my plucky little Connaught slammed the inside guard rail and turned over . . .  Ho hum . . .

So I thought "I've got nothing else to do, may as well watch the race unfold".  So I did.  For a few laps.  Then, whilst watching from the TV1 Camera with my focus on Stirling Moss GPL Crashed to desktop on the second banking.  Frustrating.

Anyway, I restarted and tried again.  This time I tangled with Luigi Musso at Curva Grande and we both retired.  Again I thought "Let's see what happens", so I watched the race again, this time with TV1 focused on Farina.  Again, half way round the 2nd banking (pretty much exactly where the camera pans down to look directly on top of the cars), Crash to Desktop.

I tested it again, and a third time it happened.

I've not run GPL on this laptop for a long time, but last time it was able to cope ok with a full field (Spa '67 stuttered and flickered but I installed the low res pack and it's been fine since).

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?  Or has anyone experienced similar?

Any help would be very much appreciated.  It seems I'm having a crash to desktop when watching the field at exactly the same point.

Edited by BorderReiver, Sep 13 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#2 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 13 2017 - 08:23 AM

Rob, somehow you still have the old (bad) camera file from the original track install. You may install my '55 version or just get the camera file - either way. Get the camera file from post #1 in the 3rd line of the download files. Un-pack that single file into your monza10k track folder. Go here: http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=11806

Edited by gliebzeit, Sep 13 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#3 Border Reiver

Border Reiver

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • Interests:GPL and GPL editing

Posted Sep 13 2017 - 08:43 AM

Not Rob. :) I am pretty sure your answer / solution is the correct one though, first thing I thought of on reading the above post was a dodgy camera file too.

Rob

Edited by Border Reiver, Sep 13 2017 - 08:45 AM.

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Sep 13 2017 - 08:49 AM

Thanks, not Rob.  ;)
(I just noticed his '1' posts)

Edited by gliebzeit, Sep 13 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#5 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport history, First World War Aircraft, bad Science Fiction and Curry.
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 13 2017 - 09:53 AM

Ooops, didn't mean to be confused with someone far more distinguished.  Is there a way of changing my handle?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links