Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 07 2020 - 07:53 PM

I'm hoping that some clever person can help me.

I had GPL running on a Windows 10 machine, with all the mods functioning and using Gem to access the mods without any problems. I stopped using GPL for a while and now when I try to run a mod through Gem I get an error and a debug message that says GPL67 has Patching Errors. What does this mean? Do I need to run the patches for GPL?
I can still access GPL67. That works and I can drive ok with that. It's just any of the mods.

Any guidance and suggestions welcome.

#2 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted May 08 2020 - 12:58 AM

Hi.

1 - replace your gpl.exe with a backup exe.

2 - if that does not work re-install Gem+

Paul

#3 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 08 2020 - 03:33 AM

I think that the problem maybe coming from me. I cannot remember how GEM works. Does it create the GPLC67 type files in the GPL directory? When I open a mod through GEM it uses that GPLC** file? I seem to remember deleting all of these files in the past and GEM then recreates them, is that correct? I have remembered to exit GEM with the red button and it saves or update GPLC** file.

I had it working correctly for a few instances and I was able to get the CanAm mod up and running through GEM, but now the Patching error has come back. I will replacie the GPL EXE file and see what happens.

Thanks for your help

#4 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted May 08 2020 - 04:28 AM

Yes Gem creates the mod exes including gplc67

To force Gem+ to make new exes you can remove them from your gpl folder apart from gpl.exe

Paul

#5 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 08 2020 - 04:59 AM

I'm going around in circles at the moment and getting nowhere. Nothing is working in GEM. I have replaced the main Gpl exe file but that did nothing. I'm beginning to think the problem is GEM when it creates the GplC** files.

I will reinstall GEM and see what happens. I will remove the old version and completely do a fresh install and see if that fixes it.

i'm beginning to consider a whole wipe out of Gpl and do a clean install of the whole thing. I have spent most of the day winding up the graphics to a high level and getting it all running on my 3 screen setup.I still can't get GPL shift to work either.

I have had enough for one day.Tomorrow is a fresh start.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

#6 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 25 2020 - 04:03 AM

This problem has returned for me.

The background is that I have spent the last two weeks renewing and updating GPL to the latest version and best graphics for tracks. I have installed the Historical 67 Mod and everything worked fine with GEM managing the cars and tracks without any problems. I installed the F2 1967 mod and then the 1965 Mod. I run GPL off line and have got back into racing the AI, however they are little too quick so I decided to run the 78L AI Speed Control v2 for the 1965 mod. Whenever I activate this patch in GEM and the close GEM to rebuild the Gplc65, I receive an error stating that GEM has crashed due to a 'patching error'with the executable.

I understand how to load patches. I have tried it from within the GEM Options folder and also from within the SIerra/GPL/Mods/1965/Options. The result is the same. The 1965 mod works fine as long as I don't try and activate this patch. I can enable and disable the Letterbox patch from within GEM and that works OK. I have also used GEM to disable the 60FPS patches and that has worked ok.

I installed GPL from the latest installer and I have patched it to Version 1.3. GPL, GEM and the mods work OK until I try to manipulate the mod attributes (some of them) through the executable files. The GPL installation is in C:\Sierra\GPL and GEM is in C:\GPL Secrets. I have made sure that all access to these directories are full. The installs were done as an administrator, I'm using Windows 10. I also have Pridbula and GPL Shift running.

I suspect the fault lies within GEM when it comes back to re-create the executable for the mod? It could also be a function of something in Windows 10? I have attached a copy of the Debug file that GEM creates when it crashes hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem because I am stuck.

All suggestions welcome.

#7 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted May 25 2020 - 08:23 AM

I don't have an easy solution for your problem, but did go back and retest the 78L AI Speed Control v2 patch with the '65 F1 mod.  GEM+ patched OK so I can't duplicate the problem you're having.  Just to be sure, I retested all the major mods with the patch and they worked OK too.

The GEM+ error message just means that it can't patch and create a new mod .exe for some unknown reason.  The only way to recover is to use the Cntl/Alt/Delete method to use Task Manager to shut down GEM+.  I've never found GEM+'s Debug file to be of any help in locating a patching error.

You might try adding patches individually, one at a time, to the '65 F1 mod.  That sometimes helps GEM+ get past its patching issues.

#8 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 25 2020 - 09:42 AM

Thanks. I will try anything and everything at the moment.

#9 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 25 2020 - 06:16 PM

I managed to overcome this patching error using some information from another post about problems with this patch. The fix was weird but it worked for me. I downloaded the 78A Pressure Bug Fix Patch from the same guy (Lee's GPL Motorworks), installed it in GEM Options folder along with the AI Patch. Activated them both in GEM and the executable was patched and saved without any errors. I have now installed the AI patch on all my mods using this method. Go figure that out.

I'm just happy to get past this problem. Thanks for your help.

#10 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 26 2020 - 02:01 AM

On my old Vista system I noticed that the order of patches and how they were applied seemed to make a difference.  I usually apply all the patches to the default exe then GEM makes the mod exes from that so they are already patched, but this didn't always work;  so i kept an unpatched default and would swap it back into the folder for GEM to use in those cases (always having backups of working exes) then apply the patches to those mod exes separately.  I've forgotten which mods required which procedure, but it was consistent;  and was never an issue in XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links