Even so Soeren Scharf is not into GPL anymore he has programmed this new version of GPL.tv 0.2.7
that now supports new mods (e.g. 69x, GT, F2 67, CanAm 71, ...).
I just did the new mod.ini files and testing.
With permission of Soeren I post the new version 0.2.7 here.
Here you can still download the old version 0.2.6 and of course the GPL.tv server version (which has not changed):
The server list does not work anymore,
but you can connect directly to a server when you know the server IP address (it is displayed in iGOR when you click on the server).
go to -> GPL.tv -> "Connect to Server" and use Port 32001
GPL.tv 0.2.7 - a "grand prix legends" race viewer
watching GPL races outside of GPL either
- by loading a replay file or
- by connecting to a server
No special installation needed, just unzip the file gpltv.exe to your harddisk,
launch it and select the path to your GPL directory. GPL needs to be installed.
If not, at least you need the *.trk files of the tracks located in a directory
tree similar to GPL (*.dat files will work too).
With version 0.2.7 there are some ini files included in the zip file, they need
to be copied into the same directory as GPLtv.exe.
how to use
There is not much to say about, just load a replay or connect to a GPL.tv server.
There are different ways how to connect to a server:
1. The most easy way is to use the dialog box with the list of running GPL.tv
servers. To be able to do this, you need to enter the list server in the options
2. If you know the IP and portnumber of the GPL.tv server then you can simply
enter these into the "connect to..." dialog.
3. In the menu you will find a history list of servers GPL.tv was already
connected (but only if you have used the "connect to..." dialog)
4. You can also connect to a server providing an URL. GPL.tv registers a new
protocol (similar to http://....) so it is possible to start GPL.tv from web
page by clicking a link. The URL should look like this:
where 220.127.116.11 is the ip of the GPL.tv server, 32001 is the portnumber
and "secret" is the password. You can also omit pw=secret so GPL.tv will show
the "connect to server" dialog and the user needs to enter the password.
It is possible to enter the URL to the command line too.
you will find further information on http://home.arcor.de...en_scharf/GPLtv
- initial release
- play replay files
- added live TV from GPL server
- application now remembers path to GPL
- renamed application from RpyTV to GPL.tv
- calculation of long/lat value corrected
- renamed executable to gpltv.exe
- calculation of lat value again corrected
- smoothed movement of cars when connected to a server
- when pressing cancel in the "Path to GPL" dialog the program forgot the path -> fixed
- added error message boxes i.e. if a track could not be loaded
- GPL.tv registers now as a protocol, you can start it from browser and let it connect
to a server automatically (i.e. with a hyperlink), command line is possible too.
- added history list of servers, GPL.tv was already connected
- added a toolbar
- implemented a list with running GPL.tv servers (big thanks to Virtual Racing e.V. for hosting the list)
- show standings (only available when playing a replay)
- show chat messages (only available when watching an online race, the GPLtv server need to support this)
- you can open a replay file by dragging the file and drop it onto the GPL.tv window
- when watching a replay now you can pause, fast forward and skip training session
- now it is possible to keep the GPL.tv window on top
- sometimes (when minimized and server changed the track) GPL.tv crashed due to division by zero -> fixed
- showing the replay file name or the servername in the title bar
- and some more minor changes
- now you can watch gaps and laptimes in online mode too
- GPL.tv allows you to adjust the buffer delay of received car position data
- when a driver has not set his 1st name, his name and times were not printed in the standings window -> fixed
- in 65mod the standings window did not show the car but three question marks -> corrected
- correct handling of background color of the windows
- fixed some problems when requesting the server list
- it is possible to join the race, that you are watching (it is required that the GPLtv server allows this)
- support for different mods by reading car names and colors out of ini files
- command line support for replay files
- now new GPL mods are supported
- Virtual Racing e.V. (Germany) for their great help and testing
- Martin Granberg for some important information about replay files
- Papyrus for one of the greatest racing sims ever
- the whole community for keeping GPL alive
enjoy the new way to watch GPL races
Edited by Stefan Roess, Mar 10 2016 - 04:13 AM.