gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 09:06 AM

How do I "Add Install" as per the help instructions?  This is my first time using GPL Setup Manager... it seems to be working with original GPL... although the picture at the top does not change when changing chassis.  If I point it at (a copy of) the original gpl.exe in the mods folders it still reports the same original GPL chassis.

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 16 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#32 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,243 posts

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 09:27 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Aug 16 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

This is my first time using GPL Setup Manager... it seems to be working with original GPL... although the picture at the top does not change when changing chassis.  

I have Windows 7 64 bit too and it works fine.  My installation points at only one GPL install.  Why do you have more than one installtion of GPL?

The car picture does not change for the 65 or 67 cars, but it does for the 66, 69, 69x, GT and 67F2 cars

Edited by Bob Simpson, Aug 16 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#33 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostBob Simpson, on Aug 16 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have Windows 7 64 bit too and it works fine.  My installation points at only one GPL install.  Why do you have more than one installtion of GPL?

The car picture does not change for the 65 or 67 cars, but it does for the 66, 69, 69x, GT and 67F2 cars

Bob,  I use a separate install for each mod because it just helps me to keep each one organized better.  I've done it that way ever since hard drives became 'commodity items'.  I only use GEM+ to install new Mods - then start each from their .exe files.  Old school, I know!  The only down side that I encounter is the multiple track iterations across mods.... trying to keep them all up-to-date with add-on updates, AI, etc.  But, I've managed pretty well so far.

The latest version of Setup Manager states that it will work across multiple installs (if I read the help file correctly).  There's even a function for that under 'Tools'.  Its just not working for me.

I wonder why the car picture does not change for the '67 and '65 chassis??

Bob, thanks for your interest and trying to solve this for me.  :thumbup:

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 16 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#34 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:52 PM

.....help.   :confused:

#35 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi Greg, long time no see.  Good to see you are back.   :)

Sorry I didn't see your earlier post about getting multiple installations to work with Setup Manager.  The program should allow up to 20 installation if memory serves (I didn't think anyone would ever get to that number).

Per the instructions, you should be able to add a new installation by selecting the File/Tools/Add Installation menu and selecting the gpl.exe file within that installation.  It works fine for me using XP, but I'm only have four different installations at present.

How many installations do you have?

As far as the car pics, GEM+ and Setup Manager will display a .jpg file named "GEMpic.jpg" if there is one in each car's directory.  So it sounds like some or more of your installations don't have these files.

Edited by Lee200, Aug 26 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#36 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,721 posts

Posted Aug 26 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi Lee.  I got Setup Manager working with all my installs.  I didn't realize that you need to have a copy of the modded exe file named gpl.exe in each installation folder.  For example, in the GPLGT folder the modded exe is gplcGT.exe.  There must be a re-named copy of that file also in that folder with the name gpl.exe for your program to recognize that installation.  Once, I figured that out from yours and Bob's replies to my posts here... it all came together.

I was initially unable to add a second installation after setting the original GPL installation folder.  But, this all works now, with GPL, GPL65, GPLF2, GPLGT and GPL69 as separate installs. Now, to begin understanding how to use the program!  ;)

Oh, about the car pictures.  That was just my response to Bob's statement that "The car picture does not change for the 65 or 67 cars, but it does for the 66, 69, 69x, GT and 67F2 cars".  Well, I just pulled the picture files that GEM+ installs into the /GPLSecrets/GEM+/Pictures folder for each mod and placed them into the appropriate car folders in each install.  No prob.

Thank you for your assistance and for the nifty program to help setup cars both precisely and with a visual aid.  Great work!

Edited by gliebzeit, Aug 26 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#37 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 04:52 AM

Good to hear you got it straightened out.

Yes, each installation directory must have a gpl.exe file for Setup Manager to recognize it.  That's just a simple check I throw in to make sure the installation path is pointed to a true GPL installation.

And yes, GEM+ seems to get confused about the GEMpics if there are some in the GPLSecrets directory.  So I just delete most of what's in there and rely on the pics in the individual car and track directories.

#38 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted Feb 04 2014 - 01:32 PM

Thanks a lot for your work and GPLSM! Just found out about the support of F2/69X, nice! :) But still have probs with "edit" in GEM+, might have to reinstall under GPL Secrets. ;)

#39 rachet1

rachet1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:racing sims(gpl,gt3,gt4,colin mcrae rally3,wrc)<br />astronomy<br />cooking

Posted Dec 17 2016 - 08:25 PM

Is Setup Manager going to be updated for the 1966 CanAm cars ?

#40 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,631 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Dec 18 2016 - 01:02 PM

Post 1 has been updated with the latest version. :rolleyes:

#41 rachet1

rachet1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:racing sims(gpl,gt3,gt4,colin mcrae rally3,wrc)<br />astronomy<br />cooking

Posted Dec 25 2016 - 06:53 PM

Thanks Ginetto !!!

#42 Daniel0099

Daniel0099

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Racing sim, music

Posted Apr 17 2017 - 07:19 PM

Have 3 screens and the GPL Setup Manager Window extend to the 3 screens and things get distorded.
I can't resize the window. What can I do to be able to see that window Properly?

Attached File  Clipboard01.jpg   27.48K   22 downloads

#43 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 482 posts

Posted Apr 18 2017 - 07:01 AM

I also run triple screens, but I use GPLSM in single screen for the same reason ;)

#44 Daniel0099

Daniel0099

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Racing sim, music

Posted Apr 18 2017 - 07:47 AM

I did that but this is awkward because each time I return from single to triple screen (nvidia surround), my resolution switch back to another mode and I have to switch resolution again which is time consuming (with a lot of clicks).
If I could only re-size the window like we do for GEM+ this would be much simpler (But might not be simple to program for this great application.NICE WORK LEE).

#45 Robert Fleurke

Robert Fleurke

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 482 posts

Posted Apr 18 2017 - 07:55 AM

I understand Daniel. For me using eyefinity it's quite easy to switch from single to triple screens.

Best would be we could resize the GPLSM window itself...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links