Jump to content


- - - - -

Gplshift V0.7.9.0 Out


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JSJ-DK

JSJ-DK

    Bruce McLaren

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 02 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hello GPL Fans, anyone left after almost 12 years? ;)

I have released GPLshift v0.7.9.0 with support for Fanatec's GT3 RS Wheels Display (LED),
and fixed some old GPLshift problems...

Remember to see in the WhatsNew.txt file under "v0.7.9.0:" if you want to use your GT3
Wheel Display in GPL!!!


Welcome to my homepage
http://www.gplshift.dk

JSJ

Edited by JSJ-DK, Aug 03 2010 - 03:25 AM.


#2 Kocinski

Kocinski

    Bob Anderson

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted Aug 03 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi JSJ !!!

Grats to you to be the 1st privat person who made a plugin for this great wheel. :clap2:

I tested it & my display doesn´t work. (GT3RS_V1,driver1.04).
Have the correct "porscheWheelplugin.dll" in the root folder.
See what happend during the startup on the screenshot.
I reinstall/reboot the driver with the same result.
IMO it is a driver/registry fault caused by the 1.02ver.

Thx for you great updated tool (Using it over years..)  :thumbup:

Kocinski.

Attached Files



#3 ginetto

ginetto

    GPL track editor

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lombardia, Italia
  • Interests:Mountain
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 04 2010 - 01:30 AM

Yayyyyyyy!! :thumbup:

#4 JSJ-DK

JSJ-DK

    Bruce McLaren

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 04 2010 - 02:50 AM

Hi Kocinski

Have you installed v1.04 over 1.02?
Have you installed rFactor, what version (1.2.5.5?)

Yes, the problem seems to be missed Reg. key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG\PorscheWheel\PluginKeys\rFactor"
(needed to work with Fanatec Plugin), maybe missed "\rFactor" part?

I want to test v1.02 on clean installed OS, but can't find the version on Fanatec side,
have you still a copy, and can send it to me via jsj@gplshift.dk ? only one copy, please ;)

Best
JSJ

#5 Kocinski

Kocinski

    Bob Anderson

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted Aug 05 2010 - 02:17 PM

Hi JSJ !!!

Something was wrong with my registry.
My system lost the rights to edit/fill the empty key :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG
After I changed the rights manual and implement following key your plugin works perfectly.

Quote

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG\PorscheWheel]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG\PorscheWheel\PluginKeys]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG\PorscheWheel\PluginKeys\rFactor]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fanatec Endor AG\PorscheWheel\{053DFCDA-84BF-4E75-B309-DC0A2DD47963}]
"WheelCalibration"=dword:00000000
"CombinedPedals"=dword:00000000
"AutoCenterSpring"=dword:00000000
"WheelIllumination"=dword:00000001
"WheelRotation"=dword:00000190
"DampeningDrift"=dword:00000000
"WheelType"=dword:00000001

Never installed Pribluda but this plugin... :punk:
May you can change the RPM = 1/10 to RPM = 1/100 for the Ferrari & Honda.  :dont_mention:

Here are the links for the ver. 1.03 & 1.02:
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/3056
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2819

:notworthy:
Kocinski.

#6 jxeboy

jxeboy

    GPLaps

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 03 2010 - 05:14 PM

I am having problems using this with mods. I want to get Trackir to work, and it does with the standard 1967 cars, but when I try to use the 1965 cars with it, the cockpit view just gives me the fuzz like what happens when you roll a car over. Anyone know what to do?

#7 jonelsorel

jonelsorel

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 04 2010 - 08:22 AM

Thanks JSJ for your ongoing commitment to make GPL-ers happy! :)

I'd have one small suggestion for next installment:  having the possibility to map steering wheel buttons for the driver view up & down feature in the same style the button for Replay can be mapped.

Cheers!

Edited by jonelsorel, Oct 04 2010 - 08:28 AM.


#8 Sammi79

Sammi79

    Bob Anderson

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted Jan 31 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hi all I can't get this to work at all. I have posted on the JSJ forum aswell. Here follows a step by step list as to what I do and what happens in case someone can point out an error in my method. I shoud add I intend to use GPLshift with FaceTrackNOIR a freeware headtracking program that can emulate TrackIR only without the use of a headset - it tracks your face - to be able to turn my view whilst driving in GPL. I have had great success with this in other simulations like DCS Black Shark and Wings of Prey but with GPL I cannot get to the point of being able to test it, see below. I have seen from surfing the net vague indications that it does work with GPL but as yet for me, no dice. Anyway, here is my current method :-

1. GPLshift.ini + GPLshift.dll + GPLshift_patch.exe are placed in Sierra\GPL\

2. Delete gplc65.exe, gplc66.exe, gplc67.exe and gplc69.exe from same folder

3. Edit GPLshift.ini parameter : LookAroundMode = 1.POV ; - then save

4. Run GPLshift_patch.exe

PROBLEM 1 : Message box tells me that GPL.exe 2004 DEMO version? has been patched for GPLshift. This would make sense had I D'ld the 2004 demo but I bought the game from sold out software and Installed from the CD, this is NOT a demo version. Ideas anyone?

anyway, carrying on in hope.

5. Run Gem+ 2.5.32 and push green button GPL

PROBLEM 2 : Gem+ starts to rebuild the .exe files from the patched GPL.exe, but before getting to the mod year specific .exe files a message box pops up simply saying 'Error'. push 'OK' and it pops up again maybe 20 times? until finally a message boxs tells me Gem+ has suffered an unrecoverable error and shuts down.

6. Replace all .exe files with original backups (phew!) check all are working and head straight back to step 1...

I have tried the different settings in GPLshift.ini LookAroundMode parameters but unless I leave it as 'OFF' Gem+ fails to rebuild the .exe files. Will keep trying and update here if I can get it going. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sam.

#9 robwmack

robwmack

    Jim Clark

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Welland, Ontario
  • Interests:Motor Racing, Slot Car Racing, Sim Racing, Hockey, Military History

Posted Feb 24 2011 - 06:06 PM

I don't know if these are GPLshift problems or not but I'm having trouble setting up functions for my G27 using the latest version of this utility.

1. I want to set the six red buttons on the wheel to control the look left/right (45, 73 and 122 degrees) functions. I set the upper buttons for 45 degrees, the middle buttons for 73 and the bottom buttons for 122. The bottom buttons seem to be working OK but there is no difference between the upper and middle buttons. They both seem to give a 45 degree view.

2. I wanted to set the volume controls to the top/bottom/left/right positions of the POV hat They show up in GPL as buttons 24 through 27. and so I set them up using 1.BUT and buttons 24 to 27. I realize I might have to set them up as 1.POV but what are the button numbers that go with the POV? And what about the Upper Left/Upper Right/Lower Right/ Lower Left positions? GPL doesn't seem to recognize these.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Bob Mackenzie

#10 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

    Paddy the Irishman

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bexhill on Sea, E. Sussex, England
  • Interests:GPL; Model Cars; Photography. Assetto Corsa
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 25 2011 - 02:26 AM

I have not tried this but would be most interested, having nearly got Freetrack to work on my laptop.
Have you looked at "Known issues" under their 'Manual' button, this might help.
Do you have a dual-core CPU ?

View PostSammi79, on Jan 31 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hi all I can't get this to work at all. I have posted on the JSJ forum aswell. Here follows a step by step list as to what I do and what happens in case someone can point out an error in my method. I shoud add I intend to use GPLshift with FaceTrackNOIR a freeware headtracking program that can emulate TrackIR only without the use of a headset - it tracks your face - to be able to turn my view whilst driving in GPL. I have had great success with this in other simulations like DCS Black Shark and Wings of Prey but with GPL I cannot get to the point of being able to test it, see below. I have seen from surfing the net vague indications that it does work with GPL but as yet for me, no dice. Anyway, here is my current method :-

1. GPLshift.ini + GPLshift.dll + GPLshift_patch.exe are placed in Sierra\GPL\

2. Delete gplc65.exe, gplc66.exe, gplc67.exe and gplc69.exe from same folder

3. Edit GPLshift.ini parameter : LookAroundMode = 1.POV ; - then save

4. Run GPLshift_patch.exe

PROBLEM 1 : Message box tells me that GPL.exe 2004 DEMO version? has been patched for GPLshift. This would make sense had I D'ld the 2004 demo but I bought the game from sold out software and Installed from the CD, this is NOT a demo version. Ideas anyone?

anyway, carrying on in hope.

5. Run Gem+ 2.5.32 and push green button GPL

PROBLEM 2 : Gem+ starts to rebuild the .exe files from the patched GPL.exe, but before getting to the mod year specific .exe files a message box pops up simply saying 'Error'. push 'OK' and it pops up again maybe 20 times? until finally a message boxs tells me Gem+ has suffered an unrecoverable error and shuts down.

6. Replace all .exe files with original backups (phew!) check all are working and head straight back to step 1...

I have tried the different settings in GPLshift.ini LookAroundMode parameters but unless I leave it as 'OFF' Gem+ fails to rebuild the .exe files. Will keep trying and update here if I can get it going. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sam.


#11 jxeboy

jxeboy

    GPLaps

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 20 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hello,

On the website it mentions that GPLShift would be updated summer 2011 to fix compatibility with the 69' extras mod. Has this been done and I simply missed it?

Thanks
~Jake

#12 oppolo

oppolo

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 20 2011 - 08:34 AM

View Postjxeboy, on Nov 20 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hello,

On the website it mentions that GPLShift would be updated summer 2011 to fix compatibility with the 69' extras mod. Has this been done and I simply missed it?

Thanks
~Jake

i have 0.79 adn it works well with 69 ex. doesn't it work well for you?

#13 jxeboy

jxeboy

    GPLaps

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 20 2011 - 09:42 AM

View Postoppolo, on Nov 20 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

View Postjxeboy, on Nov 20 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hello,

On the website it mentions that GPLShift would be updated summer 2011 to fix compatibility with the 69' extras mod. Has this been done and I simply missed it?

Thanks
~Jake

i have 0.79 adn it works well with 69 ex. doesn't it work well for you?

My shifter works, but Trackir headtracking doesn't work. On his website it says

"June 19, 2011: There seems to be problem with GPLshift and the new 69Xtra MOD, I will look at it later this summer. "

So I was wondering if any progress has been made into that. I fear not...

#14 CraigT

CraigT

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Golf
    Racing

Posted Dec 20 2011 - 04:57 AM

Will GPLShift support a Thrustmaster RH8 shifter?

http://www.thrustmas...x?ProductID=238

I sure hope so because I just ordered one  LOL

#15 Remy

Remy

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 10 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostCraigT, on Dec 20 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Will GPLShift support a Thrustmaster RH8 shifter?

http://www.thrustmas...x?ProductID=238

I sure hope so because I just ordered one  LOL

Does it work Craig?

I'll order one also :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links