• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106 hagapito40

hagapito40

On the search...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Classic Racing History, Modeling in 3ds Max and of course RACING!
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 28 2015 - 11:46 AM

Solved! it seams like the problem was a GPL.EXE with the 4gb path. once remplaced works fine!

#107 Juramalt

Juramalt

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Hill climbs, Proper engines, Steam trains, Getting GPL to work on a modern PC.....

Posted Aug 02 2015 - 11:50 AM

This is really amazing. I'm struggling a bit to install some of the great mods & patches you guys have come up with. But this makes the biggest difference to the game compared with how it was several years ago! Since i lost my GPL install with a hard drive failure & Couldn't find all I needed to put it back. Mostly advice as Race sim central had died. The BRM sounds really amazing.  Need to immprove my  BRM driving now..... What a massive improvement. Great stuff Lee.  Can't believe how much has changed since I've been away. Many Thanks!!!

edit. Loaded up Ducwolfs Ferrari sounds. Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Fantastic potential here!

Edited by Juramalt, Aug 04 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#108 t3r

t3r

edteach3r

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1 1965 - 1977 fanatic

Posted Aug 03 2015 - 05:42 PM

A few years ago, I fooled around with GPLES, but just couldn't get it to sound right.  Since my eyesight is deteriorating, I am running closer to the back of the pack and sound is becoming ever more significant for my actual enjoyment factor.

I absolutely love the ducwolf sound that I have used for the Lotus 49 for a number of years; but, seeing that I had replaced my PC since the initial GPLES attempt (now triple 17" monitors), I thought I would give GPLES another go.  Wow!  GPLES changed the whole experience for me ... thank you Lee Bowden!

I continued to drive the 49 with GPLES sound - the top end speed helps me to keep up :) - until, a few days ago, I decided to try some of the other cars with GPLES sounds as well.  Then I came upon ducwolf's GPLES sound pack for the Ferrari 312 ... I am totally speechless ... I have never, ever experienced anything like that before - the sounds blend in SO beautifully and contribute to a wonderful richness that I cannot get enough of. The subtle backfiring as I approach Crowthorne bend leaves me smiling every time!
I have always known that Wolfgang is a wizard, but this has elevated him to god-like status in my eyes :bowdown2:.  I now drive the Ferrari exclusively, but would love to get back into the Lotus at some point ... the problem is that the rough GPLES sounds of the 49 are now a little bothersome. I cannot seem to get the sound editor to work, so I was hoping that ducwolf had created GPLES files for the 49, or that anyone else has something to share/recommend.

GPL is truly a gem, thanks entirely to the community that continues to bring these wonderful updates for all our enjoyment.   Kudos to all! :clap2:

Ed

Edited by t3r, Aug 03 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#109 ducwolf

ducwolf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Ducati riding,GPL, GPL sounds, GTP, guitar

Posted Aug 07 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postt3r, on Aug 03 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

A few years ago, I fooled around with GPLES, but just couldn't get it to sound right.  Since my eyesight is deteriorating, I am running closer to the back of the pack and sound is becoming ever more significant for my actual enjoyment factor.

I absolutely love the ducwolf sound that I have used for the Lotus 49 for a number of years; but, seeing that I had replaced my PC since the initial GPLES attempt (now triple 17" monitors), I thought I would give GPLES another go.  Wow!  GPLES changed the whole experience for me ... thank you Lee Bowden!

I continued to drive the 49 with GPLES sound - the top end speed helps me to keep up :) - until, a few days ago, I decided to try some of the other cars with GPLES sounds as well.  Then I came upon ducwolf's GPLES sound pack for the Ferrari 312 ... I am totally speechless ... I have never, ever experienced anything like that before - the sounds blend in SO beautifully and contribute to a wonderful richness that I cannot get enough of. The subtle backfiring as I approach Crowthorne bend leaves me smiling every time!
I have always known that Wolfgang is a wizard, but this has elevated him to god-like status in my eyes :bowdown2:.  I now drive the Ferrari exclusively, but would love to get back into the Lotus at some point ... the problem is that the rough GPLES sounds of the 49 are now a little bothersome. I cannot seem to get the sound editor to work, so I was hoping that ducwolf had created GPLES files for the 49, or that anyone else has something to share/recommend.

GPL is truly a gem, thanks entirely to the community that continues to bring these wonderful updates for all our enjoyment.   Kudos to all! :clap2:

Ed

I'm as far away from a " god-like status" as the size of the universe !
Just worked hard and gave my best. That's what simple human beings always have to do.
Anyway, thanks for Your kind words !

As soon as my real life allows, I will continue with other sound sets on the GPLES platform.
But it will take time.
Creating soundsets with the quality standard of my first attempt for the Ferrari needs a huge amount
of work and knowledge about the particular engine sounds under different driving conditions. GPLES needs so much
work, because only one crossfader helps to get the files melting. All other files have to be tweaked by the
sound editor to let them melt together in a natural way.

Cheers,
Wolfgang

#110 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Aug 07 2015 - 12:19 PM

Your work is much appreciated Wolfgang :thumbup:
Afterall sound is the icing on the cake ;)

#111 ducwolf

ducwolf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 02:20 AM

Need some help to get back to sound editing.
I have Win7 64bit new installation and have copied the
"dx8vb.dll" into "C:\Windows\SysWOW64".
After turning off the UAC I let run regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dx8vb.dll
But I got the error message
0x80070005
Any idea what I can do ?
I know this procedure was successful with my former Win7 64bit installation !!??

Thx in advance

#112 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 03:04 AM

Wolfgang, why did you copy this file on your old system?

#113 ducwolf

ducwolf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 05:07 AM

I forgot to restart the system after turning off the UAC. Now it worked.
Thx
Wolfgang

#114 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

Denny Hulme

• 862 posts

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 06:15 AM

Lee for President!! :)

#115 t3r

t3r

edteach3r

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1 1965 - 1977 fanatic

Posted Aug 09 2015 - 09:09 PM

View Postducwolf, on Aug 07 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

View Postt3r, on Aug 03 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ed

I'm as far away from a " god-like status" as the size of the universe !
Just worked hard and gave my best. That's what simple human beings always have to do.
Anyway, thanks for Your kind words !

As soon as my real life allows, I will continue with other sound sets on the GPLES platform.
But it will take time.
Creating soundsets with the quality standard of my first attempt for the Ferrari needs a huge amount
of work and knowledge about the particular engine sounds under different driving conditions. GPLES needs so much
work, because only one crossfader helps to get the files melting. All other files have to be tweaked by the
sound editor to let them melt together in a natural way.

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang, I cannot begin to fathom the amount of work this must take ... I tried creating a SINGLE sound file a while ago and it was simply a mess.  If not a god, you are an artist ... is there a difference :)?

Thanks for the Ferrari sounds ... I think I can live with racing only the 312 for the rest of my life .... pure blisssss!

Edited by t3r, Aug 09 2015 - 09:12 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links