#1 zot

zot

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 24 2019 - 03:18 PM

I really love the new Sports Cars mod. Driving the wonderful Daytona, which I maximized to 110 laps, very often all the cars retire at around lap 52. I use the track files that came with the mod, same goes for the driver file. I tried everything: change setting for 'limp disabled', trying Pavels 1.5 track files from the original mod etc. but nothing helps. And I only experience this problem with Daytona...

Any suggestions please? With thanks in advance!

#2 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Feb 25 2019 - 02:20 PM

Hello, zot.  Place these three *.ini files into your dayto24h track folder, allowing them to overwrite the ones there.  See if this helps.

Oops!!!  (or as my son says OPP)

Attached Files

Edited by gliebzeit, Feb 25 2019 - 05:28 PM.

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 25 2019 - 04:24 PM

:duh: I think you forgot the attachment Greg! :D :pathead:

#4 zot

zot

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Feb 26 2019 - 02:28 PM

Hi Greg! Thanks for these files. :bowdown2:
I noticed that the hype values in the driverSC.ini are different from the mod extra files, same goes for the trackSC,ini where the dlong_speed_maximum is 2.500 instead of 2.800 and the reference_value 125 instead of 110.
However... :bigcry2: I tried all combinations but without luck. Every one in three races at around lap 53 the cars that didn't crash keep retiring. I guess it must be the good weather in the Sunshine State - enough reason to retire and become a pensionado. Could it have something to do with the AI being out of fuel? I'm going to experiment a bit more: which values (in the trackSC file) could have a (positive) influence, in you opinion? I really appreciate your feedback (and knowledge)!

#5 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,570 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Feb 27 2019 - 08:51 AM

I guess it must be the good weather in the Sunshine State - enough reason to retire and become a pensionado.

😂🤣😂🤣😁😁

I think I would too. Lol 😂

Sorry can't help Zot, but here's hoping that you get it sorted 👍

TP:

#6 zot

zot

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Feb 27 2019 - 02:23 PM

Thank you for all your friendly advice. I managed to solve it by copying Pavel's .lgt files (1.5) without the race.lgt, in combination with the driverSCc.ini and the trackSC.ini from the mod. Now most cars keep on racing until the end, with Dan Gurney the winner!

Edited by zot, Feb 27 2019 - 02:24 PM.

#7 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted Mar 02 2019 - 04:10 PM

A quick look around and I can't find those LGT files, can you point me to them? Daytona 24hr is one of my favourite tracks and I'd love to try the Sportscar mod there over a long distance.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Mar 02 2019 - 08:39 PM

You can find Pavel's LGT files for Daytona (and other tracks) in this Topic at Post #29:

http://srmz.net/inde...opic=6351&st=20

#9 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Mar 03 2019 - 03:50 AM

View Postzot, on Feb 24 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I really love the new Sports Cars mod. Driving the wonderful Daytona, which I maximized to 110 laps, very often all the cars retire at around lap 52. I use the track files that came with the mod, same goes for the driver file. I tried everything: change setting for 'limp disabled', trying Pavels 1.5 track files from the original mod etc. but nothing helps. And I only experience this problem with Daytona...

Any suggestions please? With thanks in advance!
Hi,
Around lap 50 AI cars should visit pits to add fuel. But in your races AI pit visit procedure doesn't work it seems.

All I can suuggest is you need to remove 'limp disabled' line completely from all track ini's. No meter to what it set 1 or 0, if this line is presented it corrupts AI pit entrance procedure and AI enters pits slowly and does other strange things.
And here are my AI files from daytona folder. I've tested full race distance and I haven't noticed any problems. I also decided to let AI cars enter pitlane in T4 and also modified pit.lp to increase AI speeds while entering and exiting pits. Because with default pit.lp AI cars lost too much time there compared to player.

Attached Files

#10 zot

zot

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Mar 03 2019 - 06:47 AM

Hi Pavel, thank you very much! Removing 'limp disabled', in combination with your files, solved the issue. You're an artist!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links