#1 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 05:47 PM

I reinstalled rfactor just for the GP37 mod (which I've found quite addictive), but my track selection menu couldn't be more of a kludge if Micro$oft had designed it.  There is a "70sTracks" heading with four tracks in it (one from the 60s), and a "CSGT" heading with only one track - 70sNordschleife;  a BBSE heading with three tracks, and Schleizer Dreieck (NOT the GPL track, to my dismay) is listed under "Bob'sTrackBuilder".  Many tracks seem to have a "useless" double header;  for example, I click on "Solitude64" and instead of the track loading I get another "Solitude64" listing, clicking on this second listing loads the track.  I assume this would be done via editing the tracks' gdb files, but which listing(s) to change?  (I haven't the patience for trial-and-error, especially when the error entails CTDs.)

So.  Is it possible to:

1 - eliminate the groupings ("70sTracks", "CSGT", etc.;  I'm sure they had meaning in someone's install, but not in mine)

2 - eliminate those "double headers" so I just click on a track name in the menu and that track loads

3 - rename some tracks to my own standards (for example "Nordschleife_70" instead of 70sNordschliefe)

4 - have all these appear alphabetically in the track selection menu

5 - remove unused track variants (I've tried this unsuccessfully in GTR2)

Online compatibility isn't a concern;  what I want is an alphabetical track listing where, except for tracks with multiple variants, there is only the one name for a track - I click on it and the track loads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links