Jump to content


- - - - -

Buying a GPL CD


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tomsk

Tomsk

    Ludovico Scarfiotti

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 06 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'm an 'on and off' GPLer (on and off the PC, on and off the tracks  :D ) for nearly 10 years now.

I just though that people would like to know that a GPL can still be purchased.

http://www.mastertro...roductLabelID=1

Edited by Tomsk, May 06 2009 - 02:22 PM.


#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 06 2009 - 03:37 PM

View PostTomsk, on May 6 2009, 09:21 PM, said:

I'm an 'on and off' GPLer (on and off the PC, on and off the tracks  :D ) for nearly 10 years now.

I just though that people would like to know that a GPL can still be purchased.

http://www.mastertro...roductLabelID=1
thanks for the reminder, that's the link we use at the track database. It's always good to remind people that GPL can still be purchased at bargain price. for deliveries to anywhere in the world.

:wave:

#3 Saiph

Saiph

    Drives 4 Team BDS

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aylesbury, UK
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 07 2009 - 04:52 AM

View Postdangermouse, on May 6 2009, 10:37 PM, said:

View PostTomsk, on May 6 2009, 09:21 PM, said:

I'm an 'on and off' GPLer (on and off the PC, on and off the tracks  :D ) for nearly 10 years now.

I just though that people would like to know that a GPL can still be purchased.

http://www.mastertro...roductLabelID=1
thanks for the reminder, that's the link we use at the track database. It's always good to remind people that GPL can still be purchased at bargain price. for deliveries to anywhere in the world.

:wave:

Now that SRMZ is providing links to download BBC programs ("The Quiet Champion") (and "RU"? Hosted by dodgy Russkies?), why not just provide a link for people to download GPL from the web?  :D   :P

Edited by Saiph, May 07 2009 - 04:55 AM.


#4 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 07 2009 - 06:23 AM

View PostSaiph, on May 7 2009, 11:52 AM, said:

Now that SRMZ is providing links to download BBC programs ("The Quiet Champion") (and "RU"? Hosted by dodgy Russkies?), why not just provide a link for people to download GPL from the web?  :D   :P
Because you can't buy/get the program after the week from iplayer but you can get GPL for a fiver (p&p free in the UK), and we don't want Fir$t (iRacing) sniffing around here.

#5 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 07 2017 - 08:46 AM

Today ... UNBOXING Grand Prix Legends

https://www.youtube....h?v=vgi31M_XaZs

Edited by M Needforspeed, Mar 07 2017 - 08:46 AM.


#6 John Woods

John Woods

    Be Somebody

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Too Much Fun
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 08 2017 - 08:45 AM

Noticed my unopened sealed box is different, (US version?), so posting some pics of it for comparison.

Also the box is maybe larger at 8.75in by 10.5.

The coupon refers to sending a disc of race sim by another publisher to Sierra On-line and receiving GPL purchase price as rebate.
So you could trade up to Grand Prix Legends at zero cost.

Thanks M for the link...fun to watch.

:D

Attached Files



#7 jxeboy

jxeboy

    GPLaps

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 08 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostJohn Woods, on Mar 08 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Noticed my unopened sealed box is different, (US version?), so posting some pics of it for comparison.

Also the box is maybe larger at 8.75in by 10.5.

The coupon refers to sending a disc of race sim by another publisher to Sierra On-line and receiving GPL purchase price as rebate.
So you could trade up to Grand Prix Legends at zero cost.

Thanks M for the link...fun to watch.

:D

Nice! My box looked quite different from that one! Interesting there are so many packaging options.

#8 smasha

smasha

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 20 2017 - 09:01 PM

My box is a gatefold and quite large,I remember buying it before I even had a computer.

#9 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 10:30 AM

Is there still an online shop where you can buy GPL today?

Besides eBay and Amazon?

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 31 2018 - 10:30 AM.


#10 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

    Le Mans Addict and GPL Returnee!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lymington, New Forest, England
  • Interests:Le Mans, Le Mans and more Le Mans.

    Oh, and GPL as well.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 11:32 AM

I can't see any other links on a Google search, but what's wrong with Amazon and eBay?

#11 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth UK
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Climbing, Mountaineering and Armchair Polar Exploration.
    Photography.
    Growing Vegetables.
    Cacti and Alpines (tough survivors).
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 31 2018 - 12:39 PM

View Postsmasha, on Apr 20 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

My box is a gatefold and quite large,I remember buying it before I even had a computer.
I too bought GPL before I had a computer that could use it.  Though I did have a basic computer; no graphics card.

#12 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

    Le Mans Addict and GPL Returnee!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lymington, New Forest, England
  • Interests:Le Mans, Le Mans and more Le Mans.

    Oh, and GPL as well.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 11:54 AM

I bought a new computer and then a new (Voodoo) graphics card - just to be able to run GPL........  ;)

#13 Warren Hall Jr.

Warren Hall Jr.

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cape Cod, USA, in a shack down by the river
  • Interests:Lots of stuff
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 04:03 PM

When does the copyright for GPL run out? It would be nice to just post a full copy.
Warren

#14 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

    Denny Hulme

  • GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bavaria, Germany
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostAysedasi, on Jan 31 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

I can't see any other links on a Google search, but what's wrong with Amazon and eBay?

I should have written why I am asking.
It is not wrong, I just didn`t want to link to one or the other on the GPLTD http://gpltd.bcsims.com
When you click on the "Get track" button for the original Papy tracks on the GPLDT you get forwarded to Mastertronic which was originally a publisher and distributor of low-cost computer game software that does not exist anymore.


View PostWarren Hall Jr., on Feb 01 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

When does the copyright for GPL run out? It would be nice to just post a full copy.
Warren

Exactly.

The copyright thing has been recently discussed in the GPL 2016 demo thread:
http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=11196
See also John`s post of above thread: http://srmz.net/inde...120#entry123554
So what is the conclusion?
Will we get into trouble to post a full GPL copy? Or single tracks, ...?
Can anyone definitely answer this, please?

Edited by Stefan Roess, Feb 02 2018 - 04:53 AM.


#15 jxeboy

jxeboy

    GPLaps

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 06:16 AM

It looks like it may have been renewed in 2013 by sierra and activision

http://cocatalog.loc...202071438&SID=1




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links