Targa Florio 65/67/69 Race 31.7.2010, 16Gmt
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 06:59 AM
- make sure its actually loaded. Check from GEM+ that plugins is selected under the mod you are going to use, generate the mod exe, and preferably test before the race
- stop carefully in your pitbox. Haven't tested it much, but reversing after overshooting your pitbox might not work
- remember the pitstop sequence: first the pitboard flashes during "repair delay" (no flashing if no damage), then the pitboard disappears (start refueling by pressing a key 1-9, each will set a target fuel amount of 10kg, 20kg, ..., 90kg
respectively), and press shift-R if you need to repair. When the target fuel amount is loaded, pitboard starts to flash again
- if there is no damage, pitboard does not flash and you cannot reset the car
- remember the fuel amount is in kilograms. I will probably load 40kg stopping every lap, but do your own research to be sure.
Especially make sure you are running 60fpsv2newmod patch (this one is compatible with mods with long track support). If you get a "not qualified" join error, its because of not being patched with 60fpsv2newmod.
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 08:29 AM
Just testing At the time of writing, the race start is 1.5 hours from now.
Edited by brr, Jul 31 2010 - 08:30 AM.
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 09:40 AM
net_mdm_client_send_every = 5 ; Client packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_client_send_size = 84 ; Client packet size on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_every = 5 ; Server packet freq on dialup
net_mdm_server_send_size = 384 ; Server packet size on dialup
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 10:52 AM
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 10:57 AM
I thought I did but when I exit the server and checked in GEM+, it wasn't activate.
I had 20-23 FPS all the (little) time I've been connected.
Petteri, I saw you didn't find your pitstop; can it be a track related bug?
Working on Stardust, Nassau, Paramount Ranch +others
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 11:00 AM
No, it is only possible to join when 60fpsv2 is activated. The low fps was probably a performance issue.
Maybe track.ini problem, at least I am relatively certain that the board did not show when I first drove past. I'll try to find out what determines the moment when the pitboard is shown. The pitstop patch should not have an effect on it.
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 11:08 AM
Started with full 147 liter fuel load and was planning to do it without any stops.
Posted Jul 31 2010 - 11:16 AM
The only unusual thing I noticed in track.ini (one on our serve) is that stalls are not located in numerical order. For example, stall_5 is the first and stall_0 is 24 meters later. Maybe stall_0 is used to determine the point which one has to pass in order to see the stall location.
Hmm, just found this in my own Targa track.ini:
lane_bounds_dlat = -11.7 -2.8 ; start/end dlat of the pit lane
pit_board = 4.9 480.0 -100.0 100.0 ; dlat of board, dlong of board, dlong LOS start, dlong LOS end (last 2 not used)
stall_0 = 71334 -27
It seems that the stalls are not between the dlat bounds, so I guess from GPL's point of view I was not driving on the pitlane (assuming my track.ini is used instead of server's when racing online).
OK, according to http://srmz.net/inde...indpost&p=31488 pit stall positions are from local track.ini so the problem was most likely caused by a bad track.ini on my own install.
Edited by brr, Jul 31 2010 - 11:47 AM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users