• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 08 2017 - 06:20 PM

Hi All:

I am hoping to learn how to create a track list so that when I'm in the 55 mod (or other era) I can have more selection of tracks, and such as that.  I have some of the 1955-type tracks downloaded, but I have yet to figure out how to get them into/onto the list so that they appear in the track selection menu. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any input!

Now, I think I'm going to head off to hurl around a Ferrari 555 at Silverstone!

Old Simmer

#2 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 12:15 AM

In GEM you can click on Season and add any installed track to any Season. Most tracks are added to the 1967 Season for default, but you have to make sure you don't have more than 64 tracks in a single season. To add them to the 1955 Season, select the 1955 Season in the list on the right (so it becomes blue). Then click on the track you want to add to that season from the list on the left and add it to the season by clicking on the -> arrow in the middle.

To remove a track, click on the + of a season, select the track you want to remove and than click on the <- arrow in the middle.

You can also make your own season, but if you do so the name of your season has to be exactly 8 characters long. (That's what I remember at least)

Edited by Millennium, Jul 09 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#3 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,616 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 02:38 AM

As Millenium said. :thumbup:
You will also find arrows to move the selected track up or down the list you are creating.

some pics:
Attached File  pic001.jpg   121.66K   38 downloadsAttached File  pic002.jpg   117.65K   56 downloads
Attached File  pic003.jpg   27.59K   60 downloadsAttached File  pic004.jpg   23.46K   51 downloads
Attached File  pic005.jpg   121.04K   53 downloadsAttached File  pic006.jpg   119.92K   50 downloads
Attached File  pic007.jpg   120.83K   46 downloadsAttached File  pic008.jpg   128.57K   39 downloads

When you are done, click OK to go back to the main GEM+ window
then you can select your list or any other in GEM+

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 03:44 AM

Old Simmer, the pics shown by ginetto above are very good and very clear. But there's one important extra thing you need to remember. As Millenium said above, when you get to the step where you enter the name of your new season file, the name MUST have exactly EIGHT characters in it, (examples: "MY55LIST" "55TRKLST" etc) otherwise GPL will not find that season file. It seems a little odd, but it's to do with the way GPL is patched and how the size of the name is hard-coded into the game.

I hope you can get your list of favourite tracks set up easily! Good luck! :thumbup:

Edited by Saiph, Jul 09 2017 - 03:45 AM.

#5 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 07:19 AM

THANKS!

Has anyone researched/created a table/list of all the tracks the 1955 cars raced at, GP and otherwise? I would like to add as many of the tracks as possible to my upcoming 1955 "Season" I intend to create with both GP and non-GP tracks therein.

Also, do I have this right:

Once a track is downloaded, unzip it, and place the track folder within GPL's "Tracks" folder... then go to GEM and add it to the appropriate season?

Old Simmer

#6 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 08:30 AM

"Once a track is downloaded, unzip it," and run the installer!

This will put it by default into the 67season.ini.

Afaik the 05season.ini has all the tracks of the real season ;)

#7 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 12:46 PM

Cookie:

I thought I read "somewhere" that in addition to the 1955 GP championship races, there were non-championship races as well, such as at Brands Hatch or Goodwood or wherever?

I need to go look and see what tracks appear in GPL for the 55 GP season, and see what ones remain to be added to complete the GP season. I know I need to install some still, just can't remember off hand what track(s).

All fer now!

Old Simmer
aka Andre Ming

Edited by Old Simmer, Jul 09 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#8 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 12:55 PM

Okay... went into GEM to have a look-see. The 05season.ini mentioned above has 22 tracks listed (whew!).  The 55 season.ini has only 10. I don't have anywhere near all the needed 22 tracks, so I'll focus on filling out the 10 first. I still need to install Reims, Bremgarten, and Pedra. I think I recall the Pedra track isn't released as yet.

Ah, the joys of simming!

Old Simmer
aka Andre Ming

#9 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,318 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 01:21 PM

Old simmer.
If I remember from my memory in gem and the season section on the right you will have the the track ini's.
There are usually two for each mod or original 67.
The track ini for general track running is I think season.ini. So for 55 it is 55seasonini.
    The other which I think is 55ini is for your championship.
I think I am right in this unless I have them the wrong way round and stand corrected.

TP:😃

#10 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted Jul 15 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi Again!

I'm pretty sure I'm not installing the tracks correctly, but I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have downloaded Bremgarten and Reims, unzipped, looked within the folders for each and did not see installer programs for same. So, I placed the folders within my GPL "Tracks" folder. FWIW: I took screen pictures of my current GPL "Tracks" folder as well as the track list within GEM, but I have yet to figure out how to upload photos here for sharing. (More stuff to learn.)

Anyway, the track folders for Bremgarten and Reims appear within the GPL "Tracks" folder, but do NOT appear in the GEM list (along with several other track folders I've placed inside GPL's "Tracks" folder using the same approach). So obviously, I'm not doing something right.

Once more, any input would be appreciated.

Old Simmer

#11 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,616 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jul 15 2017 - 04:59 PM

You need to install the track; not just copy or move its content into tracks folder.
When you unzip it it should have a file with an .EXE extension; double click on that  one to run the installer.

To post pictures here, just click on the button More Reply Options you see on the bottom left while you are typing the message.
A bigger window will appear for your message and at the bottom of it you will find Attach Files.
Choose the file you want :)

#12 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted Jul 15 2017 - 06:51 PM

Hi ginetto:

Thank you very much for your input.

Bremgarten:

I went back to the original folders for both the Bremgarten and Reims folders and looked within all folders that extracted. I found an INSTALL.exe program for Bremgarten and indeed, it is now installed.

Reims:

I have examined each extracted folder (reims_horizon, reims_v1, reims_v2, reims_v2alternative) and I do not find an install application file for Reims.

#13 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 15 2017 - 08:52 PM

Look for a readme.txt in the track folder or zip file the track came in. If there isn't an installer there should at least be a readme with the lines you need to manually add to the season.ini. But if the track doesn't show up in GEM s season manager I'm afraid you may have downloaded only an update not the full track.

A full track should have at least 9 files in its folder:
record & track.ini
maxrace, minrace, pass1&2, pit and race.lp
and a dat file named the same as the folder.

If these are present GEM should be able to find the track and you can add it to your season.ini using GEM.

Otherwise find the readme, in it you should find similar lines to these:
------------
[Event#]
name=Autotest
shortname=Autotest
trackDirectory=Autotest
month=12
day=24
numberOfLaps=60
startingGrid=4
------------

Next open GPL\seasons\67season.ini

Increment the number at the end of the line starting with numEvents by 1. SHould be line 4
Add the lines from the readme to the end of the file and change # to whatever the new number at the end of line 4 is.
Save and the track should show up ingame.

#14 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted Jul 15 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Mickov.

I downloaded Reims from this site:

http://www.thomas-laechele.de/gpl/

Reading the Reims information at the above site carefully, it appears I only have the needed update files to the original track. So, I need to find the original track before Reims can be successfully installed.

#15 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 12:10 AM

This is "only" a graphics update you can unpack into the track folder and let it overwrite existing files.

But before you have to install the Reims 1967 track from here:
http://gpltd.bcsims.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links