Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 02:40 PM

I'm selling a Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel and Clubsport 2 pedals. I've used them, but everything still works perfectly.

$175 and i'll split shipping charges with the buyer for the US only. Out of the US and shipping is on you. :)

#2 Warren Hall Jr.

Warren Hall Jr.

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 04:53 PM

Pete, is that the wheel, shifter and pedals?
Warren

#3 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 06:29 PM

It's the wheel and Clubsport pedals. No shifter. They're all separate items bought by themselves. If I remember right I paid $500-$600 for them.

#4 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Sep 07 2017 - 07:10 PM

BTW to whoever gets this wheel, it's worth downgrading the FW as earlier versions have a much lower FFB deadzone and so you will get better FFB with GPL.

Post here if you are interested as I'd have to look up the info.

#5 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Sep 08 2017 - 06:52 PM

The FFB should be pretty new on this wheel, because I didn't use it. I never liked it. I had it on the lowest possible setting to just center the wheel.

#6 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted Sep 09 2017 - 03:05 PM

Yes I don't mean due to use - it's the actual firmware that adds the deadzone.

The 681 stock firmware has a lesser deadzone than the later ones.
You can get it here:
https://www.fanatec....d_product_id;56

Depending on when you bought the wheel defines what FFB you have.

What wheel do you have now?

#7 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Sep 10 2017 - 01:31 PM

This is the only one I have. I decided to concentrate on combat flight sims for awhile. When I come back to racing i'll buy something new. Probably another Fanatec. This one has been trouble free.

I felt myself getting burned out on GPL and I don't want that. Full GP's will do that to you. I'll fly for awhile and when I come back to racing i'll be ready to go again.

#8 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted Sep 11 2017 - 08:43 PM

Did you try rise of flight? I know nothing about flight sims but i remember seeing someone's videos on youtube a few years ago and it looked quite interesting.

I don't even know what a good cheap joystick is. I have a logitech extreme force 3d pro that i got used and it seemed to be really loose so either it is heavily worn or it only works well when running games that support ffb - either way it didn't seem so precise.

#9 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Sep 12 2017 - 08:18 AM

Rise of Flight is a WW1 sim. It's actually pretty good. I'm not into those planes though. I flew IL2 for years. It's WW2 planes. I'm now into modern fighters and fly the F-16 F/A-18C and the F-15C. DCS and DCS are very accurate and we have the real retired pilots flying them. The manuals are thousands of pages and that only teaches the basics. It takes years to learn how to fight in them. It's quite the challenge and keeps my brain from fading away. Trying to remember it all is a struggle at my age.

As to the controllers? That can get costly too. Mine cost $500 and you also need Trackir $160 and rudder pedals $250. After that, it depends on how involved you want to get with a cockpit. Just like in race sims some get way more involved than others. I'm sort of in the middle Not a full blown cockpit and not just a desk.

BMS is like just GPL. It's also a 1998 sim called Falcon 4.0. The makers gave up on it and it was taken over by the community. It's been upgraded more than anybody could imagine and all for free by a team. It's based on the F-16.

DCS is expensive. They give you the basic map and a couple of planes that not many want to fly to get you hooked. Then they charge you for each plane, campaign, and maps you want to add to it. A plane can be $50, so it can add up. Sort of like iRacing, except the content is always yours and it's free to play. Online or offline.

#10 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted Sep 14 2017 - 05:46 AM

Yes, this amount of overwhelmingness and the price is what has always put me off hahaha.

I guess I need to find whatever is the best cheap but decent controller and go from there.

I think I have IL-2 that i got in a bundle or something.

But most of it is just a load of abbreviations to me hahahah

It's probably too late to be of use to you now but you can build your own track ir compatible device using a normal webcam and some IR leds and a battery etc.
When my friend did it he used freetrack but that was years ago - i think there are others now too.

Do you use triple screen for that then?

#11 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Sep 14 2017 - 07:40 AM

I tried those other methods, but they don't work as good as Trackir. Trackir is overpriced for sure, but it does work good. I never used it in race sims, but it does work good. I hate clicking buttons to look around.

I'd love to have triple screens, but it's pretty expensive on top of everything else. It's good for race sims too. maybe someday, but i've been saying that forever.

#12 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

I'm using it again. Not for sale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users